VACUUM CLEANING ROBOTS

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
does anybody here have one of these? i was thinking about buying one as a gift for a lazy acquaintance of mine but i'd like to know more about them before i shell out the $$$

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    They seem to run in random patterns, meaning it can take a long time for one to hit every spot on the carpet. I guess they're ok for daily upkeep, but you'd still want to do it by hand on the weekend.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    hahahahahaha! this is amazing.

my question is, does it automatically detect the change in hardwood to carpet?

and i'd be weary of lettin that thing loose in my house, it's too advanced. schitt for all i know my ass comes home and all my orange juice is gone and my smut mags are out of place...who else is there to blame except that little orange juice weezin brog that's been pissin around all day. you missed the bedroom too you stupid robot!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    check http://www.woot.com because they have them at least once a month and for cheap too.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    They seem to run in random patterns, meaning it can take a long time for one to hit every spot on the carpet. I guess they're ok for daily upkeep, but you'd still want to do it by hand on the weekend.

Yeah this seems to be true of the Roomba but the more expensive Electrolux Trilobite apparently maps out the room first before cleaning it. I'm still not convinced but I'm tempted all the same.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    A friend gave us a roomba and it straight sucks, keeps bumping into chairs, tables, etc. Tell your lazy ass friend to hire himself a maid once a week.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The girl and I keep talking about getting one of these guys. We have two cats and think something like this could be a big help even if we still need to sweep.