- Insane

both off the Ugly Ego album from 1978.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Bump-at-Thawrus

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    bump?

• back and forth

• great! I was just wondering if there was a thread of this sort laying around.

Do you guys dance to yourselves when you hear Cameo? I know I do...

Yes!

Only found out about them a couple of months ago when I picked up the Back and Forth 12". A week later, same spot i came upon "Shes Strange".
    AAND I LIIIKE IIT!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    SINGLE

LIFE

so insanely good.

easily one of my all time favorite songs. when that bass comes in after the intro! chills.

• Options
    for me, it's sound table & rigor mortis

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Only found out about them a couple of months ago when I picked up the Back and Forth 12". A week later, same spot i came upon "Shes Strange".
    AAND I LIIIKE IIT!

how old are you dude?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Stand Up and Flirt

• how old are you dude?
    I'm 23. Never really had anyone put me up on stuff older than 1990, 'cept my dad, but the funky 80's section of his record collection begins and ends with Earth Wind & Fire (it does contain a lot of good 70's jazz though).
    And since I'm not the type to go find a torrent called "Greatest funk records 1975-1985" or whatever, and get schooled that way- digging in the crates round town (and lurking round soulstrut, of course) is how I discover new (old) music.

• ZacZac 20 Posts
    I got the album by Mantra (produced by Larry Blackmon) last year and would highly recommend it..sorry I don't have a cover photo handy. It's pretty priceless. I'm still looking for a nice copy of East Coast.
    I was just playing "Please You" by Cameo the other day. They're heavyweights. From a digging perspective, the bang for the buck factor couldn't be much better, either.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    They certainly had their own fashion sensibilities -Lycra Jumpsuits for everyone

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    BIMP.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    for a second I thought this thread was titled "Chromeo appreciation thread"