Bay Area strutters stand up!!!

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

BLASPHEME!!!!

The one on University and San Pablo in Berkeley is the best.

the smoke house

The best shakes ever!

Their burgers I think have gone down a bit over the years.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the smoke house

The best shakes ever!

REAL TALK.

Their burgers I think have gone down a bit over the years.

DUBIOUS TALK.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    smoke house is alright. but my favorite burger joint is burger joint.

crack burger, the 1/4 burger on macarthur. there was a dude that worked there that dealed crack out that joint as well. anyways, the cops caught up with him so he quickly put his rock in a burger and served it up. got a dude real sick and the doctors said it was crack and somehow they traced it back to crack burger.

• I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

BLASPHEME!!!!

The one on University and San Pablo in Berkeley is the best.

The one on Fruitvale is good, too. The one at the Coliseum is meh, but it'll do in a pinch-- beats the Coliseum's other catering.

Further Oakland/Berkeley BBQ science: Flint's is over-rated, plus closed; Doug's is over-rated, cuz they over-cook everything and took both goat and fried turkey off the menu; blocking on the name, but that place on the east side of San Pablo near Dwight comes correct.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

sO fOr FoOd, I LuV PrEgO oN UnIoN fOr ItAlIaN! ThEn iTs DoWn To BaR nOnE tO pLaY bEeR pOnG wItH mY pAlS! ThEn On EvErY oThEr FrIdAy We Go To CoMeT cLuB tO hEaR kInG mOsT wAx It Up AnD dOwN oN tHe HoT WhEeLs!

I done broke my sarcasm meter.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    haha, chanelling the spirit of Puto Bong Bong...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    sO fOr FoOd, I LuV PrEgO oN UnIoN fOr ItAlIaN! ThEn iTs DoWn To BaR nOnE tO pLaY bEeR pOnG wItH mY pAlS! ThEn On EvErY oThEr FrIdAy We Go To CoMeT cLuB tO hEaR kInG mOsT wAx It Up AnD dOwN oN tHe HoT WhEeLs!

I laughed at this and then realized that's pretty much what I do every weekend in 'the city'.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    nooooo, say it ain't so?

I can't front, Prego is really fucking good. Never really kicked it in Bar None, so I will continue to clown on the East Coast Todds, Chads, and Katie's that inhabit that place/neighborhood. And can't really riff on the bol young Most 'cause for the dollars I'll rock any Marina club, and do as a matter of fact. Best paying gigs.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    nooooo, say it ain't so?

I can't front, Prego is really fucking good. Never really kicked it in Bar None, so I will continue to clown on the East Coast Todds, Chads, and Katie's that inhabit that place/neighborhood. And can't really riff on the bol young Most 'cause for the dollars I'll rock any Marina club, and do as a matter of fact. Best paying gigs.

HI N*TT!

the money is okay. I think you do a lot better with S.Cotter.

I can't front, Prego is really fucking good.

Maybe. But for that kind of cheddar why not go nextdoor to betelnut for the firecracker shrimp. unfuckwittable.

nooooo, say it ain't so?

It's not by choice believe me... I haven't been able to break away from the yuppy Santa Clara alumni scene yet.

Bar None, like every other bar in the marina sucks a fat one. Were you aware of the dress code in the marina? Apparently, you have to wear a button down shirt, solid white or striped, with the sleeves rolled up, jeans and black shoes. Who knew?

you have to wear a button down shirt, solid white or striped, with the sleeves rolled up, jeans and black shoes.

lower east side has the blazer, jeans, black chuck taylors, faux-hock, i-pod uniform, and we have this.

Haha... almost forgot about this. Priceless.

Look at my striped shirt

If I want a burger I just go for the basics, that means Oscars in Berkeley since it's the closest.

Haha... almost forgot about this. Priceless.

Look at my striped shirt

???Take it easy on the brakes, Champ???!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    East Coast Todds, Chads, and Katie's

I moved clear across the continent to get away from those fuckemos, and yet they recongregate over here. It's pretty damn disappointing.

• Haha... almost forgot about this. Priceless.

Look at my striped shirt

that's genius.

kinda bums me out though cuz i have a striped shirt i really like and i won't be able to look at that shit the same way (or wear it and hold my head up) again for a while. fucking marina fucks fucking it up for everybody, man.

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    If we're talking bbq, soul food, etc, you can't forget about The House of Chicken and Waffles[/b] down the street from Everett and Jones at Jack London Square in the great city of Oakland. Meeting some friends there for lunch next week in fact.

If we're talking bbq, soul food, etc, you can't forget about The House of Chicken and Waffles[/b] down the street from Everett and Jones at Jack London Square in the great city of Oakland. Meeting some friends there for lunch next week in fact.

uhhh, you mean Roscoe's[/b] homie?

• If we're talking bbq, soul food, etc, you can't forget about The House of Chicken and Waffles[/b] down the street from Everett and Jones at Jack London Square in the great city of Oakland. Meeting some friends there for lunch next week in fact.

That is officially the move. Late night nothing soaks up the excess alcohol in my system better.

Love how they took the "Roscoe's" name off the place but everything's still exactly the same down to the stupid names for all the specials ("Chantel's Creation," etc.).

Roscoe's closed down years ago, this spot was supposed to be another one, but the franchise deal didn't work out for some reason. Its just "House of Chicken and Waffles" now.

Roscoe's closed down years ago, this spot was supposed to be another one, but the franchise deal didn't work out for some reason. Its just "House of Chicken and Waffles" now.

Cool. long as they still got Chantel's Creation.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Similar to how we have:

Farolito
    El Farol
    El Farolito
    Farol
    Los Faroles

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    You're better off around the corner at Bro-In-Law's.

Also[/b] MAD overrated/overpriced.

The only thing I really got into at Brother in Law's is the links and lately it seems they don't have em very often. A problem with the "links distributor" or something. So yeah I'm not in there as much as I used to be.

That potato salad is like crack though.

• Similar to how we have:

Farolito
    El Farol
    El Farolito
    Farol
    Los Faroles

don't forget "El Faro"

Houston's on the embarcadero = Bomb Ass Ribs,
    Not familiar with that joint. Which Embaracdero, SF or Oakland?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I stumbled across that place once. Got a real kick out of it. Waffles, chicken, old bum walking in and telling me he was a cop, James Brown music.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

BLASPHEME!!!!

J*el,

If you ever make it to Austin, go to Artz Rib House, Sam's BBQ, Salt Lick, Green Mesquite--hell, go damn near anywhere--and tell me that they don't put E&J to shame.

• ryanryan 334 Posts

J*el,

If you ever make it to Austin, go to Artz Rib House, Sam's BBQ, Salt Lick, Green Mesquite--hell, go damn near anywhere--and tell me that they don't put E&J to shame.
    sam's is all you need, and puts all sf bbq to shame. it really doesn't get much better.