Music battles at thrift stores

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Have any of you been involved in these, where you're looking through some records and there's a guy in the back playing congas to that Santana song with Rob Thomas, and then as you go around to look for super 8mm cameras, he stares you out and demands that you take him up on a conga challenge? All of a sudden it's the both of you waiting for FM 105.3 to play something other than "If You Don't Know Me By Now" and when they play Pink's "Just Like A Pill" he shows off his Tito Puente T-shirt, and you know he's fucked because you know Patato played congas.

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    after reading the first line I thought you were gonna talk about when people decide to test the used stereos at FULL BLAST... usually with the radio, so you get commercials which are already loud as hell...and you can't hear yourself think (about the Liberace and Elvis records you are flipping through).

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I thought this was gonna be fighting some ageing psych collector to the fresh stacks of Mrs Mills albums.

I look forward to the day when i beat one of these guys to the punch in a big way - and I mean that in both ways.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    after reading the first line I thought you were gonna talk about when people decide to test the used stereos at FULL BLAST... usually with the radio, so you get commercials which are already loud as hell...and you can't hear yourself think (about the Liberace and Elvis records you are flipping through).

It would've been about that too, and of course it's always done with the wall of 9 speakers.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    Have any of you been involved in these, where you're looking through some records and there's a guy in the back playing congas to that Santana song with Rob Thomas, and then as you go around to look for super 8mm cameras, he stares you out and demands that you take him up on a conga challenge? All of a sudden it's the both of you waiting for FM 105.3 to play something other than "If You Don't Know Me By Now" and when they play Pink's "Just Like A Pill" he shows off his Tito Puente T-shirt, and you know he's fucked because you know Patato played congas.