Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I hate how people call this place "the city" it sounds retarded as hell

whatever, I'm a tourist, 3 years in this soft place

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    Alamo Square

by way of

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    My signature words so far for 2005 "Born and Raised" in San Francisco (or so the wife has kept count)... I'm a 4th generation on both sides (mother's side from Europe and came by ship, father's side from Mexico and came by crossing a river)

Hipsters, rookies, and transplants can call it Frisco, The City, Sucka Free, etc.

The true locals know it as Fog City...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    My signature words so far for 2005 "Born and Raised" in San Francisco (or so the wife has kept count)... I'm a 4th generation on both sides (mother's side from Europe and came by ship, father's side from Mexico and came by crossing a river)

Hipsters, rookies, and transplants can call it Frisco, The City, Sucka Free, etc.

The true locals know it as Fog City...

I don't I've ever seen you post this "late" before.

Holler, young cuddles.

• i was up in them parts. 1989 to 1993 i was in santa cruz... home of the dirty hippy. i love it. 93 and 94 i was living in berkeley barryman and shattuck... north of university. i was not really into it. then 95 and 96 i was at college and broadway in oakland. ccac old school in the house. i was down with that shit. 1996 i moved to venice beach and never looked back. nor cal is the shit however. unidreads holla.

that was apparently not representing "The Square" (can I call it that?) properly.

there we go. yay tourists!

I don't think I've ever seen you post this "late" before.

Holler, young cuddles.

had to return some emails and handle some biz... checked the PMs and did a little reply.

now i go smoke cheeba, grab tea and book, go lay on bed, open book, then fall asleep...

thats about it playa... congrats on the gig... give me a ring over the weekend...

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts

Oh hell naw J*****, "The City" is old school, ask my man Rick Barry!

Now, if someone calls it "The 'Sco", I might have to slap ya...

Oh hell naw J*****, "The City" is old school, ask my man Rick Barry!

Now, if someone calls it "The 'Sco", I might have to slap ya...

While we're on ol' school Warriors, I still need to get down to this man's BBQ spot...

anybody been grubbin over there?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    While we're on ol' school Warriors, I still need to get down to this man's BBQ spot...

MAD overrated/overpriced. Take it from a Texan, JB. You're better off around the corner at Bro-In-Law's.

MAD overrated/overpriced. Take it from a Texan, JB. You're better off around the corner at Bro-In-Law's.

first off: yes matt, "The City" is okay to say... i agree with you 100%... however, it's really a local thing. most out of towners would be like "What city?"... but you are correct my man!

secondly, Bro-In-Laws is waaaay better.

or you can troop up to Richmond, CA and get your grub on at:

PEOPLES CHOICE BARBECUE
    3419 CUTTING BOULEVARD, RICHMOND, CA 94804

one of the dudes from The Magicians (on Villa with "Why Must I Cry") owns and has run that spot for a long time... one of the best bbq spots ive been to here in the bay...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    You're better off around the corner at Bro-In-Law's.

Also[/b] MAD overrated/overpriced.

3rd st has a few nice spots... the place i like the best (though it may be a little overpriced for root) is on the corner of 3rd and i believe Revere. they have some really good food and the old lady there is mad nice.

johnsons bbq on san bruno ave is good but THAT is overpriced like a motherfucker.

decent quick Q you can go to memphis minnies. i dont really care too much for that place but if im fiending and am at the merchant ill stroll on down there and get some food.

the spot on sloat near the beach is good. ive been going there for a long time. though prices are decent theres cheaper places to grub.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man what I hate about brother-in-laws is that shitty sauce, it's like tapatio and that crappy ketchup water that you get with cheap ketchup. I'll eat the shit but those fools need to get their sauce game the fuck up.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    first off: yes matt, "The City" is okay to say... i agree with you 100%... however, it's really a local thing. most out of towners would be like "What city?"... but you are correct my man!

Yeah, to me, "The City" will always mean New York. But I did get cured of the "I'm gonna call San Francisco 'Frisco'" disease with the quickness.

• first off: yes matt, "The City" is okay to say... i agree with you 100%... however, it's really a local thing. most out of towners would be like "What city?"... but you are correct my man!

Yeah, to me, "The City" will always mean New York. But I did get cured of the "I'm gonna call San Francisco 'Frisco'" disease with the quickness.

Yeah, I'm not really comfortable calling San Francisco that either. I prefer "West Bay." My girl Kitty is trying to popularize "Friskytown" but it doesn't seem to be catching on.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    SF has been called "The City" since at least the 1800s. SF was the most important city in the entire West Coast beginning with the Gold Rush and wasn't eclipsed by LA as the main city in the state until the 1960s really. If you live in the Bay Area and say "I'm going to the City" everyone should know what you're talking about.

SF has been called "The City" since at least the 1800s. SF was the most important city in the entire West Coast beginning with the Gold Rush and wasn't eclipsed by LA as the main city in the state until the 1960s really. If you live in the Bay Area and say "I'm going to the City" everyone should know what you're talking about.

I always assume that people are referring to Foster City.

Okay, not really.

And just to follow up on the BBQ subplot: True, Bro-In-Law's ain't that great, but since JayBreezie lives a block from there, I thought I'd save him the equally disappointing trip to Nate's.

Memphis Minnie's ain't bad at all. They come closest to replicating good Texas ribs (which, by definition, should be deliciously treyf baby back pork ribs).

I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

• MicOneMicOne 23 Posts
    the spot on sloat near the beach is good. ive been going there for a long time. though prices are decent theres cheaper places to grub.
    Leon's BBQ...is pretty good. Isn't it owned by DJ Zatch's family?

They come closest to replicating good Texas ribs (which, by definition, should be deliciously treyf baby back pork ribs).

Tony Roma`s = the place for ribs. Real Union square hotel head concierges know the deal.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

I am shocked and appalled. You gotta at least give it up to them for serving red Kool-Aid in mini Mason jars.

But Memphis Minnie's gets a thumbs up? I usually hit up Metro Cheesesteak for some post-Lower-Haight-digging sustinence. I may have to start hittin' up MM's if it gets the offical Ross Hogg Seal of Approval.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Born and raised in...

CHATTANOOGA AND 23RD BATCHES, AXE ABOUT IT AXE ABOUT IT AXE ABOUT IT

• I recently had my first Everett & Jones experience. What a massive fucking letdown. Everything about it sucked.

Which one did you go to? There tend to be big variations in quality between the various E&J locations. Myself, I never fuck with their Pill Hill or downtown spots.

Nice Jimmy Dawkins in the avatar, by the way.

yo, Rootless and I are 5th generation San Franfriscans- beleee dat.

The Kl*fters got that Frisco Peeef,

beleee dat.

sO fOr FoOd, I LuV PrEgO oN UnIoN fOr ItAlIaN! ThEn iTs DoWn To BaR nOnE tO pLaY bEeR pOnG wItH mY pAlS! ThEn On EvErY oThEr FrIdAy We Go To CoMeT cLuB tO hEaR kInG mOsT wAx It Up AnD dOwN oN tHe HoT WhEeLs!

I done broke my sarcasm meter.

Which one did you go to? There tend to be big variations in quality between the various E&J locations. Myself, I never fuck with their Pill Hill or downtown spots.

Yeah, it was in Jack London. The ribs were just greasy and gristly. Blecch.

Nice Jimmy Dawkins in the avatar, by the way.

Image courtesy of Bambouche Enterprises, Copyright Vanguard Squad, 2005.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    What do y'all know about 1/4 pounder.

East Bay headz know the deal

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    crack burger

the smoke house

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'mmma piss on your Nor.Cal BBQ Jawnism:

GOLDEN ERA, Bootches! DJ Anna headz know the dealz

MONGO:

"FRISKYTOWN" ..ummmmmm.... I think a "certain" segment of San Francisco could be willingly to pick that up.