Worst movie endings

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
for 2008, "Untraceable", even with Diane Lane (I love you, Diane) that ending is just supid

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Rambo: First Blood
    WTF?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just caught Be Kind Rewind. It started off funny and steadily became boring until the end. Boo!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    No Country for Old Men

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No Country for Old Men

Embrace the literary!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A Fuckin I [/b]

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    There Will Be Blood

Not the worst ending ever, but it felt too abrupt.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    No Country for Old Men

Embrace the literary!

i do not read fiction.
    but the end was not that hard to understand was it?

Yeah, I don't get what people don't like about the ending, let alone describing it as "the worst movie ending ever."

LOL at someone nominating "There Will be Blood Too."

Does "ever" not extend beyond a six month memory?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Phone Game, with Colin...Bullshit.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Phone Game, with Colin...Bullshit.
    that should be voted as worst movie period.
    the ending was good it meant the rest of the schitt was over

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    I nominate "Bamboozled" for the worst and laziest way to end a movie.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

whatever prof. i just think that the movie, while great, had a flawed and somewhat tacked on ending. its far from the worst ending ever.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I just caught Be Kind Rewind. It started off funny and steadily became boring until the end. Boo!

Damn I wanted to see this but it was never in the theatres

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Damn I wanted to see this but it was never in the theatres

It's pretty terrible.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Yeah, I don't get what people don't like about the ending, let alone describing it as "the worst movie ending ever."

It ended too abruptly for me and was the first thing that came to mind since it was the last movie I watched. Wost movie ending is a stretch but I still didn't like it.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    There will be blood was tight. It wasn't the most conventional movie ever but damn that was powerful. How else would it end?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The Holy mountain. Where at the end, they reveal that the film is an illusion, pull back the camera, and show it's just a bunch of hippies filming a dumb movie.

- spidey

There will be blood was tight. It wasn't the most conventional movie ever but damn that was powerful. How else would it end?

Sorry, I was referring to No Country for Old Men.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Mo Betta Blues ended pretty badly.

• I believe Jodorowsky chose to end the movie this way because the book 'Holy Mountain' based on was never finished. Not to say it wasn't abrupt, but I don't it was terrible given the subject matter.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Crash...mad, mad corny to the point of insulting.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    No Country for Old Men

Saw the shit a week ago, and cus it was bootleg the last 2o minutes were not on the DVD. Finally got a full version of my mate, watched it and was like.... WTF? Worst, pointless and confusing ending ever.... Pathetic.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    There Will Be Blood? No Country For Old Men? Man, you guys will really hate the end of Blowup.

Seriously, though, my nomination is every Michael Crichton movie ever filmed[/b]. Feel free to throw his novels on that fire as well.

No Country for Old Men

Saw the shit a week ago, and cus it was bootleg the last 2o minutes were not on the DVD. Finally got a full version of my mate, watched it and was like.... WTF? Worst, pointless and confusing ending ever.... Pathetic.

People are really showing their asses right now. So not a good look.

As for Crash: I agree the ending was bad but the whole movie sucked shit so I don't know if the ending could have gone any more bad than the rest of the crap surrounding it.

How is it that M. Night's name hasn't come into play yet? I mean, he's the king of the gotcha! ending and as good as some are, "The Sixth Sense", I imagine some of his other films (that crop circle one comes to mind) are straight cheese.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    No Country for Old Men

I saw it at home the first time and was a bit confused, I'll admit that. Then I saw it in a theatre with my dad and the end made so much sense. It's a great ending, the movie doesn't follow the traditional storytelling arc anyway!

Be kind rewind on the other hand... While the script obviously isn't what you're watching it for, that movie had an ending that felt REALLY rushed.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Monster A-Go-Go

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    A Fuckin I [/b]

. I haven't seen it since it came out but I remember there being a perfect moment for it to end and it just kept going.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

How is it that M. Night's name hasn't come into play yet? I mean, he's the king of the gotcha! ending and as good as some are, "The Sixth Sense", I imagine some of his other films (that crop circle one comes to mind) are straight cheese.

The movies themselves are such trash that the endings are just another slap in the face after 90 minutes of being shit on.

Maybe worst/most overrated movies ever thread would be more appropriate.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

The movies themselves are such trash that the endings are just another slap in the face after 90 minutes of being shit on.

I've only seen two of his and that was two too many. And easy on the ego: putting himself in his movies - NEWSFLASH!!! You're not Hitchcock!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I've only seen two of his and that was two too many. And easy on the ego: putting himself in his movies - NEWSFLASH!!! You're not Hitchcock!

See #4:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15969_6-terrible-cameos-that-just-about-ruined-movie.html