Going to Groove Merchant...

highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I am going to Groove Merchant in the next month or so, how much cash do you think I should bring with me?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    You could spend anything from $10 to $1000 in that store. Bring what you can afford, because you will be tempted by the vinyl treats!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    $314.89

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    $3.14159265

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    can't wait to get there and laugh about the US Dollar

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They do take cards...and trades.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    Ok well after averaging all the responses, it looks like I should bring around $274.34

appreciative as always

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    274.35. dont sleep

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    $4,080, duh!

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    srsly though. i've found some great stuff there, and chris has repped me some heat there as well on the open vibe. my motto is when a dudes game is super tight he doesn't give a fuck about dispensing knowledge, cuz he's got his.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Isn't the average price of a record $30? It was when I went there 5 years ago.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

You better bring some bills, bro!!! I spent mad dough up in there, but at least I had the boss on hand (wifey) for transaction approval. Sheeez, I thought I was headed for divorce I got so "vinyl crazy" up in there. Even wifey was impressed with the quality of LPs at Groove Merchant. Come prepared...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

You better bring some bills, bro!!! I spent mad dough up in there, but at least I had the boss on hand (wifey) for transaction approval. Sheeez, I thought I was headed for divorce I got so "vinyl crazy" up in there. Even wifey was impressed with the quality of LPs at Groove Merchant. Come prepared...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

damn...

Looks like I'm going to have to do a little bit more groundwork then before I go...

Here is the list so far...

1. $274.35 in cold hard cash

2. Credit Card

3. Records for Trade

4. Run to Vegas to Elope so I too can bring the wifey (possibly with Taza if he's coppin me $4000+ in records as a gift...fuck a ring)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The trades thing is serious...if you have good records for trade he will trade them straight up and is real fair about it. It's the only way I get at some of the pricier stuff in there, and it's a part of why there are always new and exciting records in the shop.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    SPEND AS MUCH AS YOU THINK FAKIN THE FUNK COSTS TO YOU!

Is this the third Groove Merchant thread in the past few months?

always....srsly, this whole "OOOH GROOVE MERCHANT WILL BREAK YOU" stuff needs to cease. Dudes need to get oveur it. I guess because it sort of projects this image of G.M. being the Frickin' Louis V. store or something, when it's probally waaaaaaay more kick-back than any other record shop.

And I went in there yesterday and got some dope records for 20$ bucks.

What's really expensive is Wax Poetics they are now 10$ a copy!!![/b]

MONK WILL MAKE YOU PAY!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't think it's unfair to mention... people always say that about NYC shops as well... record dudes throw a fit every time they see a price tag more than $5...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    record dudes

• reskresk 391 Posts
    one million dollaz

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    record dudes throw a fit every time they see a price tag more than $5...

YOU CAN'T GO "ALL FOR $1 OR LESS" IN YOUR WEEKEND FINDS POST!

Don't get too defensive???I wasn't implying that this place was overpriced. It was just a lighthearted attempt to get some more info about what's in the shop.

I'm used to shopping for records in Tokyo, so I doubt it will cost me any more to fake the funk at groove as it did across the way

-Sometimes it seems like the place they're shopping is as important as what they're getting there?

real talk: collectros like to brag "yeah man I found that at the fleas for 2 pesos" or" I went to this abandon manequin warehouse in the Gaza Strip (the reaaaally bad part) and underneath a pile of AIDS laden syringes and used SARS gauzes I found Otis Franklin's "MY BABY GOT AN ASS LIKE A MULE!".

I went to this abandon manequin warehouse in the Gaza Strip (the reaaaally bad part) and underneath a pile of AIDS laden syringes and used SARS gauzes I found Otis Franklin's "MY BABY GOT AN ASS LIKE A MULE!".

hahaha. don't make fun, Justin still breathes funny from that experience.

And from getting that type of insideur access.......he's still walking funny from that experience.

"Look at that bow-legged motherfucker. I made him walk like that."

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    jokes

/thread

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    just bring your routing number

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    record dudes throw a fit every time they see a price tag more than $5...

YOU CAN'T GO "ALL FOR $1 OR LESS" IN YOUR WEEKEND FINDS POST!

Diggers > Customers