EUROPEAN TRIP - PHOTOS....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
Here are some pics from my trip, gotta give props to Strutters nzshadow, fejmelba and rad for the CRAZY hospitality... you guys really went out of your way to make a digga feel at home... CHEERS! props to stickydojah for the tips on stores and peace to waxwell records...FIRST STOP AMSTERDAM;Right before the airport, hit up the store for a fresh pair of kicks... JD Sport exclusives...Off the plane in Amsterdam, spotted this... I was happy to be in a country where the word kunt can be on the front of a magazine.Met up with nzshadow for the cherry beer... sounds a bit fruity, tastes a bit fruity... but yeah, it works, 5 starsA**n might want to break down the science on what we're drinking. It's kinda RAER.Put this in your pipe and smoke it!]http://photos-549.ll.facebook.com/photos..._8022.jpg[/img]If you are in Amsterdam, eat these fries...WE ARE THE ROBOTSTHE BEST COFFEE SHOP IN AMSTERDAM HANDS DOWN! (am i giving up secrets a**n?)awwwwww jyeah!no homoI am very very blazed and hungry in this picturegot the munchies in amsterdam? simple, just pick up a snack herethe city was LIVE with a fair going on...mannequin piss?fejmelba and nzshadow saved my dome from being bonged over with this delicious breakfast, however i left the record behind at the cafe4/20!keepin' it fonkayfor some reason, my brain reads this as "fucky eat this"ok, this is a brewery... that serves beer on tap for just over a buck a glass, it was like 7% or 8%...and you can sit on a canal and get drunk and eatnzshadow doing it up bigi do too!after the drink, 4/20 4:20 celebrations, i was a wreckbut not too wrecked to hit some blueberryRAERsunseti told fejmelba that i don't like beans, he said "dont worry, I'll get you something you will like", he bought this back.... HAHAHAHAHAHHAThis place is a tourist trap, do not go... check what you can see in there below... NSFWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNSFW BELOWNEXT UP - PRAGUE

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nice pics, but please don't tell me that Rasa - Everything you see is me is raer!!!

I have 2 of these and have been passing that shit up since like 99, without looking twice.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    ummmmmm, I was being sarcastic, kinda like Godfather Don with the Jigsaw record.... smile and relax in knowing that it was a joke that you didn't get.... anyhow, with that I present to you... PRAGE

PRAGUE

Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with Prague, aside from diggin' and the visuals of the city which were just off the hook... I felt like there were a million stag party's going on around me and I kept getting ripped off from those Frickin' food carts and the food i had was shitty... if you are going to get drunk, you will have a great time I'm sure!

Czech graffiti

I saw numerous junkies shooting up in the city, downtown, in the middle of day... here's the floor of the main train station

Beautiful looking city though

A'YO!

Yankee's go home!

The buskers in Europe are REAL!

Cold as ice

church

scary puppets

they ripped me off

which is why they needed to post this warning

fuck their sausage

the main bridge

NEXT UP -- KRAKOW, POLAND

KRAKOW (pronounced CRACK-OV) POLAND...
    I love Krakow, possibly one of the best cities in Europe I've visited, they do not have the Euro and people there are cool as fuck...

I stayed in the jewish area

the graffiti there was amazing

the architecture, buildings, old signs, old stuff, etc were just nuts

pizzy my smack

memorial in the jewish ghetto

i like signs that i can not read, this is a private area

sing sing

a lady feeding birds from her window

an ugnaught (for my star wars fans)

A'YO

DJing has gone commercial...

AUTO CRACK

Schindler's factory

mushrooms

YES PLEASE!

Cherry vodka, now this stuff is dangerous, I haven't been that drunk since I was in my 20s.... it's a slow creeper... BEWARE

Polish food, looks plain, but tastes great!

these dumplings are off the heezy!

With strutter RAD doin' it up Poland style

That's just how I live...

Yes, there's a shop there called FART

lovely lavender

WHATS UP NOGGER?

This kid woulda got shot wielding a fake uzi if he was in the states

This beautiful little lady told me not to step on her dress, it was a bit hard considering I couldn't get in the club any other way

OH NO, this is bringing back REALLY bad memories

The clubs out there were kinda off the hook

NEXT UP - THE AUSCHWITZ + THE SALT MINES

THE SALT MINES are a little outta town in Krakow, and 130 meters underground... they've built all kinds of crazy stuff down there like chapels and statues, etc...

But Attention the shaft

Event the floor's made out of salt!

this water is 90% salt

AUSCHWITZ

This is the German concentration camp that was situated just outside of Krakow... they have preserved it for people to better understand the things that went down. I haven't felt that kind of bad energy in my life ever, and was silent for the whole 3.5 hour tour, they had hair, clothing, glasses, personal belongings from the millions of jews who were killed, I was taken into the crematorium, showers, living quarters, etc. It was really sad. Here are photos from the outside, just to show how big and what kind of magnitude this was... R.I.P. to everyone who suffered at the hand of the Nazi's.

Now, I guess you guys wanna see some record stores and records and shit, so here...

I don't think the word "free" means the same thing in Amsterdam

My favorite spot in Amsterdam

Amsterdam markets

RAERS

Some other spot in Amsterdam

RAER

A'YO A'YO A'YO

Amazing record spot in Prague

Another amazing spot

SMOULOVE!

FUCK THIS SHOP - High Fidelity in Krakow, I've never been treated so bad in any record store in the world... record store owners who name their store after a movie should be shot. Do not waste your time and head straight to strutter RAD if you are out in Krakow, all the records in that shop are G+ to VG- condition at best...

fuck that dude with the white hair

BONUS PICS - THE RUB IN SCOTLAND

You know the deal, whats up to Cosmo and DJ Eleven... funny times...

DRINK IT UP!

Thanks for checking, hope someone enjoyed these pics...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Thanks for checking, hope someone enjoyed these pics...

are you kidding? this was like the illest thread in months. Sheep joints are always highlights!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Blueberry hill...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So dope. Sheep I'll have my photos up by the end of the day.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't smoke weed anymore (although I was blazing last week in London) but I am DEFINITELY seeing that when i finally make it to Amsterdam.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I love Krakow, possibly one of the best cities in Europe I've visited, they do not have the Euro and people there are cool as fuck...

Word. Amazing city.

However, I had a different experience at High Fidelity (I was there in 2004), that white haired dude was nice as all get out to me and was puzzled why I wanted Polish records...sold me Karolak, Neimen, Novi singers, Grupa ABC, etc for 4 to 6 zloty each(at the time that was about $1-2US) and kept trying to get me to buy a $500 Elvis record...musta found out Yanks like me got away with a steal...

but yeah, Krakow is a amazingly beautiful city...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Sheep.....

great shots. Good to see someone living a good life. Glad you found records in Prague, cuz it sucked for me. No one coughed up the leads so I settled on some lame joints.

and those Amsterdam frites met mayonaise were Killin me.
    thanks as always

Cheers.........

• whats the record spots in prague???
    do you have the adress?
    ...need to know because i am about to go there...

"please" or "thanks in advance" would be a nice touch....

cheers for the comments people... i havent posted pics from a lot of trips i did lately, but this one was not dj related and more visual

Cosmo, i ain't a smoker either, just make sure you take the trip up blueberry hill with mr. shadow, it's worth it...

Word. Amazing city.

However, I had a different experience at High Fidelity (I was there in 2004), that white haired dude was nice as all get out to me and was puzzled why I wanted Polish records...sold me Karolak, Neimen, Novi singers, Grupa ABC, etc for 4 to 6 zloty each(at the time that was about $1-2US) and kept trying to get me to buy a $500 Elvis record...musta found out Yanks like me got away with a steal...

but yeah, Krakow is a amazingly beautiful city...

yeah homeboy had a epileptic screaming fit at me when i pointed out his calculations for my stack were wrong, when i pointed it out, he started freaking out and getting frustrated, asking me if i knew "math"... then to make things worse, he started saying he wasn't giving a discount (not that i was even asking) and acting like a downright prick waving his flappy hair everywhere pacing and sighing... after acting like a bitch, he realized he was wrong (hahahahaha), i threw the money at him and walked out cursing.... i think when i was drunk, i tried to find his shop to take a piss, maybe a shit, later that evening....

i didn't really wanna buy the records there because you can get all the stuff cheaper on eBay any day of the week (collectro store designed to lure in tourists). i would suggest hitting the markets, you will get your polish raer for pennies.... anyone going out there, make sure you hit up "rad" off this board.

peace.

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    sheep - - this is a little cheeky i know, but any chance you could offer up which markets of other stores are worth a poke around in krakow ... i'm heading over to there, Budapest and Croatia in August.

thanks in advance...

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Drinking Kriek out of a Affligem glass = blasphemy.

Drinking Kriek out of a Affligem glass = blasphemy.

in one hole, out the other

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    RAER

Why do many people like this record??

There are 3 good tracks on that record, "Chanting," "Within The Sound" and "When Will The Day Come" (which is a Belmont Plateau classic.)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't think we've traded anything holmes. But yeah "When Will The Day Come" is the jernt.

That RASA is dope, couldn't pass up a double for a Euro....

• Great post, Sheep...I always dig your photos.

• so what's the deal w/ Prague, exactly? I'm gonna be in the city for about 6 weeks for a summer abroad program. Any spots (RR or not) I should hit up? How bad are the vendors abt ripping off Yankee tourists like us?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Outstanding! I always look forward to your travelogues.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Great post, Sheep...I always dig your photos.

I'll post record info in the next week or so when i can get the maps and business cards all sorted out.

As far as Prague, you want to make sure you learn the currency, like 100CZK is $6 US dollars. It's easy to confuse 1000CZK for 100CZK when getting change from a 2000CZK note. And vendors (especially the dodgy sausage carts, no homo) will take advantage time-and-time again of the fact you are a tourist. It happened to me numerous times over a 3-day period, one time they wouldn't even give me my loot back (about $50). There's signs at all the vendors saying to check your change, obviously cuz they get so many complaints and can use the small sign as an excuse to plead ignorance.

Just a friendly travel warning, like I said, the city is beautiful, but it's literally 50/50 of locals/tourists these days....

Be careful around the main station too, it's like trainspotting but in a building, the police are usually around, but if they are not, you will have people surrounding you waiting to pick your pockets. Wallet and everything in front pockets, bags by your side and electronics stashed away.

This has been a friendly travel warning bought to you by the DJ Sheep....

peace.

• sheep - - this is a little cheeky i know, but any chance you could offer up which markets of other stores are worth a poke around in krakow ... i'm heading over to there, Budapest and Croatia in August.

thanks in advance...

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    awesome

one place i have always wanted to go is amsterdam
    place just looks nice
    thanks