Anyone shipped to Russian Federation before?

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I'm finding that some sellers will not ship to Russian Federation and Ukraine, and some charge a higher rate. What is the deal? I'm trying to give a safe rate quote for one record plus each additional record. Is it worth it?

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    "If he ships...he ships"

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Yes, I sent quite an heavy parcel to Russian Federation. The guy purchased a good bunch of records from me on the 'bay about two months ago. I had the same random doubts as you but I sent registered cause his total bill was quite high and I wanted to be protected against chargeback. He finally received the records very fast and left a cool feedback. No problem for me, take it for what it's worth as I live in France...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've never shipped anything there but I just got back from RF. Shit is Frickin' BUCK over there, cousin. It's like the Wild Wild West, but instead of the riding horses the cowboys all drive big black Maybachs.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ive sent records there quite a few times...never have had a problem

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've sent big money records to Russia a few times in the last year without issues. Postage is the same as other Euro countries. If it's something your worried about getting there send it either registered or express.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I've sent big money records to Russia a few times in the last year without issues. Postage is the same as other Euro countries. If it's something your worried about getting there send it either registered or express.

Thanks. I'm happy to send there if it costs the same. It's not like bigger spenders like France and Italy have stellar post office track records.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Russian Federation has the bootleg game on lock! Just GEMM search you favorite holy grail and you'll find a "CD COPY" in the RF!!!!!!