Deej: Thoughts on That New Madonna?

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Scholar back!

Comments

• I dropped that song with your boy Justin Timberlake[/b] last weekend. I got a lot of becky's cluckin'

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i havent even heard it yet. thought the last one had some joints tho, esp this:

a bunch of trax on 'confessions' were produced by jacque lucont who dropped a bunch of classic remixes in the last 5 years

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    can't wait to see the banner ads that come up in this thread.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    until i hear more from the new one im gonna big up some more JLC remixes XD

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the justin and madonna is a bit much for me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Introducing the all-new Dodge Journey!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Are we talking about 4 minutes or on & on?

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    id still blapp

id still blapp

Good luck with that.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

On And On is good, although it's a sign of the times that Madonna is now trying to sound like Rihanna, whereas fifteen years back, the equivalent of Rihanna would be trying to sound like her.

4 Minutes sounds like something Timbo found lying around the studio from the sessions for Nelly Furtado's last album and is evidence that no good can ever come from records which are made by committee. I speak as someone who owns, and enjoys, many records by all parties involved when I say it's unlikely to go down as a shining hour for any of them. I can well imagine that it Knocks In Tha Clurb, but when the absolute best thing you can say about a record involving Timbo, Timberlake and Madonna is just "it knocks in tha clurb", the phrase which springs to mind for me is "phoning it in".

On And On is good, although it's a sign of the times that Madonna is now trying to sound like Rihanna, whereas fifteen years back, the equivalent of Rihanna would be trying to sound like her.

4 Minutes sounds like something Timbo found lying around the studio from the sessions for Nelly Furtado's last album and is evidence that no good can ever come from records which are made by committee. I speak as someone who owns, and enjoys, many records by all parties involved when I say it's unlikely to go down as a shining hour for any of them. I can well imagine that it Knocks In Tha Clurb, but when the absolute best thing you can say about a record involving Timbo, Timberlake and Madonna is just "it knocks in tha clurb", the phrase which springs to mind for me is "phoning it in".

That pretty much sums it up for me.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

on point

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I got a lady playing a guitar left-handed, and her stance is as authentic as those guitarists in those Newport ads.

deej do you like "Rhythm is a Dancer"?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    its alright, way overplayed tho

• deej do you like "Rhythm is a Dancer"?

he actually talks about music on here.

hey I could talk about sa ra all day but you're already filling that niche. you do you, young fonixxx.

• ha...deauxgie, you never talk about music.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    deauxgie

Dough-Gee?

ha...deauxgie, you never talk about music.

c'mon man. I poast a lot on here. lately it's been a lot of politixxx, but I've started -- and contributed to -- more music-related threads than most people have poasted at all on here over the years.

the e-beef and Obam-antics lately have just obscured it a little.

we can disagree about sa ra, though.

and I know deej ain't madd at me; you don't need to stick up for him.

c'mon man. I poast a lot on here. lately it's been a lot of politixxx, but I've started -- and contributed to -- more music-related threads than most people have poasted at all on here over the years.

SA-RA>Hillary

Did you ever check out the album btw?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Good summation. I haven't heard anything else though, but "phoned in" for "4 Minutes" is dead on IMO. Not terrible, not great, pretty unspectacular.

ha...deauxgie, you never talk about music.

SA-RA>Hillary

I saw them live at the North Sea Jazz Fest in '04. I was unimpressed but I admit I never copped the album. I will check Amoeba's used bin next time I am in the neighborhood.

SA-RA>Hillary

I saw them live at the North Sea Jazz Fest in '04. I was unimpressed but I admit I never copped the album. I will check Amoeba's used bin next time I am in the neighborhood.

there live show is TERRIBLE. Beyond wack.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    if there was an instrumental version of this album all would be cool. madonna's voice is as flat as my pockets, she sounds like a guest vocalist on her own album. the neptunes trying to out timbo at timbo is kinda funny, it's on some sonic erasure steeze sometimes. it's worth a listen.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

Good summation. I haven't heard anything else though, but "phoned in" for "4 Minutes" is dead on IMO. Not terrible, not great, pretty unspectacular.

I can't help but think once an pop artist's popularity has peaked (or at least plateaued) it must be really tempting to just churn out OK music. I mean, that is assuming said artist has lost touch with the artistic side of making music, but i'd imagine it would happen alot.