Jay Dee produced by Kanye West (!?!?!?) dope

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    damn....i reeeeally like this beat.

• That J Dilla - Trucks song linked on the page. Is that the real MCA track?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Pay Jay (=Takeover):
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/10842390b53a14ee/

Trucks (=Cars):
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/108500617c0471c7/

So what's the story on the MCA album? Is it coming out or what?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    man, i've been hearing about that pay jay shit! thanks for posting this, that trucks shit is nasty as well...

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    damn! that Pay Jay is ridiculous. i didn't realize there were mp3s of the MCA album. anybody know anything about other songs that's been hiding out?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i didn't realize there were mp3s of the MCA album.

I don't think there is. Those two mp3s were jacked from Benji B's show (Deviation) on BBC 1Extra a couple of weeks ago.

http://deviationmusic.net/blog/?p=233

• nessness 249 Posts
    damn! that Pay Jay is ridiculous. i didn't realize there were mp3s of the MCA album. anybody know anything about other songs that's been hiding out?

i know it exists, i recall him mentioning turning in some shit to get his release. previously he had mentioned and i had heard that he was unhappy with the mca relationship because of them just fronting on everything he'd turn in.

• hiptonehiptone 112 Posts
    So what's the story on the MCA album? Is it coming out or what?

• NO DISRESPECT BUT DUDE HAD SOME BIG ASS LIPS!!! HOOBUBUBBABEEBUBUBBA!!!

• u guys need to hear that diamonds track produced by nottz so far the best track out of the 3 that leaked.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    u guys need to hear that diamonds track produced by nottz so far the best track out of the 3 that leaked.

mp3?

• Wish i had better quality, but this is the only version i've ever come across.

J Dilla - Diamonds

• wow. when did this come out? that's kinda fucked.

the og i just heard above kills this. but I'm confused, why would a kanye produced track for dilla end up as a track for these dudes?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Wish i had better quality, but this is the only version i've ever come across.

J Dilla - Diamonds

DivShare File - 01_diamonds.mp3

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

i know it exists, i recall him mentioning turning in some shit to get his release. previously he had mentioned and i had heard that he was unhappy with the mca relationship because of them just fronting on everything he'd turn in.

The whole album is pretty good. I think the songs in this thread are the hottest shit on there though minus "Fuck the Police" which was on it as well.

• HamHam 872 Posts

wow. when did this come out? that's kinda fucked.

the og i just heard above kills this. but I'm confused, why would a kanye produced track for dilla end up as a track for these dudes?

from what i understand only the other track was produced by kanye, i don't know who did the other track, but i guess these guys could have covered gary numans "cars" as well without knowing about trucks. maybe i'm wrong though

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

wow. when did this come out? that's kinda fucked.

from what i understand only the other track was produced by kanye, i don't know who did the other track, but i guess these guys could have covered gary numans "cars" as well without knowing about trucks. maybe i'm wrong though

The Jim Crow came out in 2001. But yeah, they're both just covers of "Cars" (have folks really not heard this song?).