Introduction

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
My friends need a spoken word introduction. Something like the introduction from Wattstax of the Soul Children "Brothers and sisters! Brothers and Sisters!". But they need something that has never been sampled.Any suggestions?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Look on some church/preacher records. They might have someone saying "tonight, we have someone that we feel is special, you will learn, you will cry, you will beg, ladies and gentleman..."

Or any obscure comedy albums may have it. Such as Rusty Warren.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    I only buy radio show records now. Brought to me by wine companies. Holler at that suspense.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Look on some church/preacher records. They might have someone saying "tonight, we have someone that we feel is special, you will learn, you will cry, you will beg, ladies and gentleman..."

Or any obscure comedy albums may have it. Such as Rusty Warren.

You know I don't have a single live gospel record in the shop right now? I want something a little more exciting than Rusty Warren.

My favorite of all time is the intro on Aretha Live In Paris. But since it is in French, accept for "Lady Soul" I don't think they will want it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    any obscure comedy albums

yea, some older ones you can get some decent introductions for the comedian coming on stage...

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    i've got this free jazz one sided single of a track called tears for albert ayler
    that has an intro like: ladies and gentleman, this evening we have a very special
    performance. . .

doubt it's been sampled, but i'd bet it's a little more morose in tone than
    your friends are looking for, but holler if you want me to record it and email it
    over.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    You wanted the best, now you got the best! The hottest [scratch of the phrase DJ here] in the world, [Enter scratch of DJ's name here]!!!![/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dick Gregory has some real hot quotes from his comedy albums. Check the Kent State LP.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    Actually the Kiss Alive II[/b] has an even more intense growly screaming intro than Alive I.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Actually the Kiss Alive II[/b] has an even more intense growly screaming intro than Alive I.

True dat, the intro on II is better, but the original is just a much better record overall. I wonder what the intro on Alive III sounds like...

Dick Gregory has some real hot quotes from his comedy albums. Check the Kent State LP.

No doubt. On the other hand the introduction is sleep inducing.

I will recommend those Kiss lps those I can't supply them.

Dan

The introduction is sleep inducing.
    Dan

I take that back.

"The Klu Kluk Klan says he is the man they hate most."

"His book Nigger, ever time that word is used it is an advertisment for that book."

Dan

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    You know I don't have a single live gospel record in the shop right now? I want something a little more exciting than Rusty Warren.

Well now so much her, but the intros. You may be right though.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    My friends need a spoken word introduction. Something like the introduction from Wattstax of the Soul Children "Brothers and sisters! Brothers and Sisters!". But they need something that has never been sampled.

Any suggestions?

Try that live version of "Dont Change Your Love"... I think it was on a Soulman cd but its hot and I dont think its been used...

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    There's a Capitol sampler that has some spoken word from Missisippi Fred Mcdowell that's dope.