Jungle Brothers unreleased tracks?

schoggischoggi 298 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
hi everybody!i really like(d) the JBs sound and i remember when my mates & me were waiting for that Raw Deluxe album to be in the stores back in 96/97! then quite a few months before the official album came out i found this one, bought & taped it for my friends... have you ever seen this one before? did the last three tracks of the b-side ever make it on an official release? i didn't search seriously but i've never came across another copy over here in europe or in the net, it's also quite hard to google...i remember that they performed "funky piano" on their tour back in 97/98 andmy friends were really disappointed when they bought the album w/o these 3 tunes!thanks for any informations!cheers, rainer

Comments

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    bump this once...

thanks

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    mp3?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    #5 on the A side was a single on Raw Deluxe, no? Memory fails me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Raw Deluxe Tracklist...

1. Jungle Brother (True Blue)
    2. Changes
    3. Black Man On Track
    4. Toe To Toe
    5. Moving Along
    6. Gettin Money
    7. Where You Gonna Go
    8. Brain
    9. Handle My Business
    10. How Ya Want It We Got It (Native Tongue Remix)
    11. Bring It On
    12. Jungle Brother (Stereo MC's Mix)

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    #5 on the A side was a single on Raw Deluxe, no? Memory fails me.

The version on the album had Q-tip and De La on it, but the OG on the 12 inch was just Baby Bam and Mike G on vocals.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I'm looking for the 10" that came out on Word Sound records....Prince Paul's label I believe...

I've heard it, and it was outtakes from their 2nd and 3rd albums...heaty for sure. Holler on pm if you have extra.

I'm looking for the 10" that came out on Word Sound records....Prince Paul's label I believe...

I've heard it, and it was outtakes from their 2nd and 3rd albums...heaty for sure. Holler on pm if you have extra.

it's the "Crazy Wisdom Masters - The Paypack ep" on the Black Hoodz label released in 1999!

mp3?

i have clips of these three tunes somewhere, i'll post them in the next days...

cheers

here are snippets of the 3 tunes:

FUNKY PIANO

MIKE, A.F. SAM

NY FLOW

cheers

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I've got this, but not an extra. Sorry!

Wordsound is the label run by Prince Paul and RZA cohort Spectre. In the 90s the label released mostly "illbient" modern dub, especially projects involving Bill Laswell.

Wordsound did the original release of PP's Psychoanalysis, as well as the original MC Paul Barman EP (at Prince Paul's request) and maybe a Princess Superstar 7" or EP. I believe this Jungle Bros 12" was related to Wordsound, but not officially a Wordsound release, probably for legal reasons.

Wordsound also released several albums by ex-Jungle Brother Sensational.

The label relocated to Baltimore around 2001, has taken more than one hiatus, but I believe at present it's back in business. They had a compilation of recent (non-club/funk) Brazil sounds about 2 yrs back.