New Blood, Old Records

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Testing out Soulstrut to see if it's the next movement for an old head like me. Pleased to meet you. I am fearful that it will end up being a thief of time but that's why I am running this experiment after all. And to discuss records, and sex and drugs or whatever.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Those spring rolls in your avatar look like they came from Whole Foods.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Your avatar... When i lived in Sydney Australia there was this wicked Vietnamese restaurant that did those spring roll(?) thingies...

holy shit... they were the best damn thing i have tasted: exactly what you have pictured, down to the dipping sauce and coriander sprig.

What are those bad boys called?

And welcome 'old head'.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Thanks for the haze but they came from my wise, dear old dad. And by the way they are SUMMER ROLLS.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hi!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Hi!

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    arent those rice wraps, not spring/summer rolls....you get them at most Pho places

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hi!

Hah!

They are called Banh Mi, you may call them whatever you want to but most menus will call them summer rolls.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    i call em delicious!! just saying the outer wrap part is different then a regular guilo spring roll, no?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    ...Banh Mi...
    Ok , but if you want to be banned you should probably contact one of the moderators...

This is not unlike putting my child to bed but...
    The same rice based shell is used for all of these varieties of rolls but the difference is whether or not the rolls get deep fried in oil, resulting in a crispy roll. Here we have only a rice paper which has been briefly blanched in very hot water and then wrapped around its' contents.

...Banh Mi...
    Ok , but if you want to be banned you should probably contact one of the moderators...
    Laughingthefuckoutloud!!!
    I knew there were some smart people on this shit.
    That's extremely funny my man.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    we actually do discuss records and music here sometimes, believe it or not!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    rice paper which has been briefly blanched in very hot water and then wrapped around its' contents.

Omigosh this is such a fine art. The time between blanching them and wrapping everything in a nice little roll without any unsightly bumps and wrinkles is very very short. Things get messy and begin to fall apart and the paper begins to tear - aaahhhhhgggggg!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    arent those rice wraps

You been eating here, haven't you?

from the global Vietnamese experience.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ...Banh Mi...
    Laughingthefuckoutloud!!!

I knew there were some smart people on this shit.
    That's extremely funny my man.

"BANH MI" 4 LIFE

add chicken PHO = GREAT LUNCH

yessssss!

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    What kind of records do you like the most?

What kind of records do you like the most?
    I like everything and my collection weighs heavily in the soul and reggae/dub and 45's dept but I have tons of hip hop, rock, psych, disco, new wave, punk, african, opera, kids records, metal, new shit, weird shit. I am a musician too so I kind of devour things hoping to find the good in them. Lately I have been looking for a lot of odd early metal that's drum heavy i.e. Tigers of Pan Tang etc. and also trying to sell bad old hip hop instrumental comps and white labels to thin out some mid 90's garbage.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    rice paper which has been briefly blanched in very hot water and then wrapped around its' contents.

Omigosh this is such a fine art. The time between blanching them and wrapping everything in a nice little roll without any unsightly bumps and wrinkles is very very short. Things get messy and begin to fall apart and the paper begins to tear - aaahhhhhgggggg!

Usually with the ill spicey peanut sacue too. Just had one last night at Pho Oxnard

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    um dudes, those arent called banh mi's theyre called cuon goi or something like that.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh yeah, hi new bootie!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Shig started the ultimate banh mi thread a couple years ago.

Yes goi guon. This is what happens when you get old. And when you smoked to much weed as a youth. Thank you brother. Oh the mind and its random access capacity is an aging mans struggle.