The View From Yer Window

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I remember we did this once, a long time ago. This is the view from my new spot in Healdsburg, CA... Most of the neighbors here are vinyards. Plenty of woods for AP to run nekkid through *pause*It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest paved road, and maybe 10 miles to the nearest shopping center with a gas station & grocery.Not missing suburbia one bit.

Comments

• I remember we did this once, a long time ago. This is the view from my new spot in Healdsburg, CA...

Most of the neighbors here are vinyards. Plenty of woods for AP to run nekkid through *pause*

It's about a 10 minute walk to the nearest paved road, and maybe 10 miles to the nearest shopping center with a gas station & grocery.

Not missing suburbia one bit.

Jeebus?!?! What'd ya move in with Squeaky Fromme???

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    haha! not too far from the truth though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Crinky, that's beyond radd. I'm happy for you--seems like a good fit for you and your rackords.

Here's the view from my roof (two stories above my actual window):

That layer of fog around Sutro Tower is a good gauge of the evening to come. When you see it wrapped about the bottom 1/3 of the tower by about 1pm, you know it'll be a cold and foggy night. But I like that.

Signed,
    Hogg In The Fogg

radd!!!

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    I remember we did this once, a long time ago. This is the view from my new spot in Healdsburg, CA...

Crink, I was just in Healdsburg this weekend, my old lady and I did some tasting at Ridge, Mauritson, Mazzocco, and Seghesio.

Also hit up an antique shop near "downtown", found a few cool rekkids. You should come down to the city one of these weekends, maybe we can organize a Bay Soul Strut git together...

I remember we did this once, a long time ago. This is the view from my new spot in Healdsburg, CA...

Crink, I was just in Healdsburg this weekend, my old lady and I did some tasting at Ridge, Mauritson, Mazzocco, and Seghesio.

Also hit up an antique shop near "downtown", found a few cool rekkids. You should come down to the city one of these weekends, maybe we can organize a Bay Soul Strut git together...

yeah, Jinx is starting to threaten me cause I have not come down & met everyone. haha!

I'm right near those antique shops. My girlfriend found me Tim Buckley's Starsailor at one right when we got up here.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Not exactly from the window, but down on the corner...

Not exactly from the window, but down on the corner...

haha! that almost makes me nostalgic foe LA

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    fuck, i wish...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Where do you live? I swear that one of those houses on the street below is my new pad. Is that Page St?

Not Page Street. I think you see 16th there....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hogg that brings back memories. Pops used to live on Eureka & 21st.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

you guys have some nice views.. we dont have any hills here in Holland.
    this is my view, ground level in Amsterdam.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

view from my balcony

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

view from my balcony

AWESOME!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

With ^ as an environmental backdrop, how is $$$ such a bit part of ones persona?

I don't really get it.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

view from my balcony

what time does the sun set where you are ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

what time does the sun set where you are ?

About 9.30pm at the moment. But that picture is from last year's late summer. Must have been 9pm or something like that. Why?

• i dont have a window ...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

you guys have some nice views.. we dont have any hills here in Holland.[/b]

I thought you were setting up a Dutch joke there! Something about the steep stairs

I don't got windows. Just skylights, and they're boring. If you climb out the skylight though...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

With ^ as an environmental backdrop, how is $$$ such a bit part of ones persona?

I don't really get it.
    Money is a much bigger part of my internet persona than my actual one. In the real world, the money shtick usually doesn't go over very well with working-class people, and can be the source of major friction, so I'm usually mute about the subject unless I'm prodded, or misjudge my audience.

Or maybe money can be such a big part of my persona--and yet I can still remain "balanced"--because of my "environmental backdrop."

• mimmim 44 Posts
    nice idea!

• I remember we did this once, a long time ago. This is the view from my new spot in Healdsburg, CA...

Most of the neighbors here are vinyards. Plenty of woods for AP to run nekkid through *pause*

Damn, that's wild you live in Healdsburg. I was born and raised in Guerneville
    (if you want to talk about a place to get your *pasue* on...). Throw a canoe
    in the river and head downstream and you'll get there eventually. Are you from
    the area?

For now I live with a view like this:

But some day I'll get back to that sweet Northern California coast

the area?

haha! Haven't been around in Guernville yet, but I know it's right next door. Just moved here a month ago. It's heaven!

the area?

haha! Haven't been around in Guernville yet, but I know it's right next door. Just moved here a month ago. It's heaven!

I was in Guernesville about 6 years ago for a little canoeing day trip. Interesting mix of folks up that way.

We were in a cafe waiting for our food when I saw a white guy in a wife beater walk up to the counter. He had WHITE tattooed on his left tricep and POWER tattooed on his right tricep in classic prison ink style.

Then his boyfriend walked up and gave him a kiss.

the area?

I was in Guernesville about 6 years ago for a little canoeing day trip. Interesting mix of folks up that way.

We were in a cafe waiting for our food when I saw a white guy in a wife beater walk up to the counter. He had WHITE tattooed on his left tricep and POWER tattooed on his right tricep in classic prison ink style.

Then his boyfriend walked up and gave him a kiss.

Yeah, the freaks rule things. There are the most haunted, frail, spaced-out old hippies, and they are everywhere! It's like "Night of the Living Hemp" up here.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Welcome to the Bay, J**F!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

That layer of fog around Sutro Tower is a good gauge of the evening to come. When you see it wrapped about the bottom 1/3 of the tower by about 1pm, you know it'll be a cold and foggy night. But I like that.

hey ross your roof looks close to my roof. did you move?