Current NYC Hip Hop Clothing Styles

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Vintage Lo gear always >>>>>>> Timberland

You can't be serious...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Yaw New York dude are very strange. Next I expect you to tell us that your a Blood or better yet to joined the Lo lifes at 36.

uhhhhhhhhh, no.

i'm not from NYC but that's where most of the team is. it's a 2nd home.

also, what is "NYC steez"?

• nessness 249 Posts
    This is NOT NYC steez. Dont get it twisted.

ninety two. throw back for sure. those designs were inspired to me. even tho in the cutural context of the nineties rl was the same as timbs, hilgifer and a bunch of other companies that outright said 'we don't make this for you'.

This is NOT NYC steez. Dont get it twisted.

ninety two. throw back for sure. those designs were inspired to me. even tho in the cutural context of the nineties rl was the same as timbs, hilgifer and a bunch of other companies that outright said 'we don't make this for you'.

The entire City didnt ape this style dude. Dont be fooled by 25 MTV videos.

• nessness 249 Posts

never tried to say they did, but thee were dudes rocking it heavy like lo down to the socks it all over. even in the midwest.

im just saying i admired the designs. not questioning your take on anything.

Vintage Lo gear always >>>>>>> Timberland

You can't be serious...

Well then...
    Find me a boot to go with my Khaki suit(s)?

Never plays out...

Despite my political stance, these shits are str8 wack. I wont deny its classic status but I NEVER felt the need to cop a pair.

Back in the 80's when they started to emerge there still were a gang of boots to choose from. Vasque sonns these shits. Danner sonns these shits. Dudes who didnt know about the Hiking/camping stores in NYC would be confined to Tims due to limited exposure to flyer shit.

• nessness 249 Posts
    Vasque sonns everything

but even they came out with some straight pandering urbam streetwear af1 lookin waterproof craziness.

never tried to say they did, but thee were dudes rocking it heavy like lo down to the socks it all over. even in the midwest.

im just saying i admired the designs. not questioning your take on anything.

Im sorry dog but thats costume shit. Show some Hip Hop individuality.
    Ill give props to cats who horde the "vintage" shit, but wearing all that shit head to toe, is some wack shit.

Vasque sonns everything

but even they came out with some straight pandering urbam streetwear af1 lookin waterproof craziness.

They all did eventually, but back in like 87/88 the quality/tech/design killed some stinky-ass Robot Timberlands.

• nessness 249 Posts
    costume shit.

ooof. i mean dudes do collect old records and my little pony and rainbow bright repop 90's sneakers. i don't know i see your point i guess.

costume shit.

ooof. i mean dudes do collect old records and my little pony and rainbow bright repop 90's sneakers. i don't know i see your point i guess.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i thought i saw some dude on the train a couple weeks going uptown that projected the gaffler look. dude was sporting the loose jeans [not baggy] with plain, grey tee and an old, baby blue polo hat with pink embroidery. he had that skinny / scruffy / jewish backpacker hip-hop kid steez. he was talking to some other dude that looked like he had spray paint drips on his shoes.

just sayin.

costume shit.

and which one are you in that second picture?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i thought i saw some dude on the train a couple weeks going uptown that projected the gaffler look. dude was sporting the loose jeans [not baggy] with plain, grey tee and an old, baby blue polo hat with pink embroidery. he had that skinny / scruffy / jewish backpacker hip-hop kid steez.

was he covering his face?

i thought i saw some dude on the train a couple weeks going uptown that projected the gaffler look. dude was sporting the loose jeans [not baggy] with plain, grey tee and an old, baby blue polo hat with pink embroidery. he had that skinny / scruffy / jewish backpacker hip-hop kid steez.

was he covering his face?

true.

Vasque sonns everything

They all did eventually, but back in like 87/88 the quality/tech/design killed some stinky-ass Robot Timberlands.

I ain't into Hip hop gear anyways, that's for children. I can go to the ave and get timbos.

WTF?
    So u rock Timberlands because of your a construction worker?
    U need some historical insight on this shit.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    costume shit.
    What are they waiting for to try and bring these back...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    costume shit.

Your mans Hermsauce on the lower right there.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the gaffler look

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Mac 'N Cheese
    Bobbito Beef N Broccoli

No Timberlands for me. I got mine.

those are sneakers duke

One day imma cop the Ralph Lauren Wimbledon Blazer - C.r.e.a.m.steez.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Quality Clurb Monaco never goes out of style.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    I've been hearing alarming reports of tight jeans with a sag and neon boxers. What the hell is happening out there?

saw these at urban outfitters a few days ago, still!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

saw these at urban outfitters a few days ago, still!

you still hang out there?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    haha, BURN sucka!

• macacamacaca 278 Posts

you still hang out there?
    haha, BURN sucka!

• I guess Soulstrut is not the place to find out what's happening in the streets.

What's NYC office style like this spring?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm still waiting for this thread to actually answer the question.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    colored jeans