WEEKENDFINDS- tried to leave the crates alone but

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
..................couldnt!! stepped upon a few german firecrackers plus some:

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nice, what is Hallo?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Damn, that must be the most colorful findz post ever.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    nice, what is Hallo?

im pretty much stoked, seen these before im sure, at record fairs maybe, cant remember, east german amiga comps, looks sorta terd-ish, but they are not, sounds like fire, cant figure out what groups are on these cause there is no credit listing, just german titles on the label, funny that amiga would put out comp lps and not list any credits..

• nice -- a few of my favs there.

the HALLO records are samplers from the german Amiga label -- lots of scary deutch-prog and beat music. most seem to have a few killer cuts on that weren't released elsewhere.

number 2 is mostly the polish Grupa ABC stuff recorded in german.

Hallo 5 ( the yellow one) has a very ruff-neck prog break on the Electra combo track (last song, first side).... only released on that hallo aswell, not on the EC album.

hallo tracklists here

and i've been digging that Theo Schumann with the blue cover -- "don gil" burns everything.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I feel like I just learned a lot about german comps

• nice, what is Hallo?

im pretty much stoked, seen these before im sure, at record fairs maybe, cant remember, east german amiga comps, looks sorta terd-ish, but they are not, sounds like fire, cant figure out what groups are on these cause there is no credit listing, just german titles on the label, funny that amiga would put out comp lps and not list any credits..

sorry - just repeated a bit of what you said. they did have credits -- all came with little posters with tracklists on the back, must be missing out of yours (some of mine to)

nice -- a few of my favs there.

the HALLO records are samplers from the german Amiga label -- lots of scary deutch-prog and beat music. most seem to have a few killer cuts on that weren't released elsewhere.

number 2 is mostly the polish Grupa ABC stuff recorded in german.

Hallo 5 ( the yellow one) has a very ruff-neck prog break on the Electra combo track (last song, first side).... only released on that hallo aswell, not on the EC album.

hallo tracklists here

and i've been digging that Theo Schumann with the blue cover -- "don gil" burns everything.

OH SCHIIT.. THANKS!!!!!!!

and i thought that i knew most amiga's, guess i thought wrong

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

im have to holler at that. anyone got one for me??
    the other one aint no slouch at all

those hallo's look hella tight.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just two records today (no pics, left the camera at work, but sound at least!) both by Chrisma..."Chinese Restaurant"(1977) and "Hibernation"(1979), pretty cool stuff kinda boop-beep electronic punk/new wave stuff with noisy guitars..."Chinese Restaurant" has this cool ass Neu/Harmonia motornik styled tune,
    "C.Rock"

• OH SCHIIT.. THANKS!!!!!!!

and i thought that i knew most amiga's, guess i thought wrong

the first Hallo (red) has a track towards the end by Rotte Gitaren - which is the polish group Czerwone Gitary doing a much tufffffer remake of their "coda" track complete with break...

those Hallo are chock full of killer stuff. apart from the ones pictured i know 3, 8 & 10 at least also have some heatrocks on...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Boring for the headz, everything is new to me. Happy I finally got Bud Powell. Coltrane I shall sit down in front of my speakers at night and close my eyes to. The Music from Bali released by a bunch of ethnomusicologists in France is surprisingly good. John Renbroun is great folk.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    got a CD:

and a shirt (thanks m*k*!):

and I had a couple heart attacks at Encore today, but alas they are all reissues:

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    just two records today (no pics, left the camera at work, but sound at least!) both by Chrisma..."Chinese Restaurant"(1977) and "Hibernation"(1979), pretty cool stuff kinda boop-beep electronic punk/new wave stuff with noisy guitars..."Chinese Restaurant" has this cool ass Neu/Harmonia motornik styled tune,
    "C.Rock"
    This is good!

• Those are damn nice, even for reissues. I'll be at Encore tomorrow, send me some of your excellent digging skills

well i sold them $250 worth of stuff today, so there should be some good things there tomorrow.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Where can I get one of those Motown shirts? Wasn't there a thread about that before? I would pay good money, those are fresh.

drop Mr Burns a line.

• Nice.........any hints

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Just hit up one thrift store this week, got 8 LPs, only one that is really worth mentioning is Claus Ogerman's - Watusi Trumpets LP, probably one of my fave "easy listening" LPs, happy to find a clean copy finally. The other ones were pretty standard stuff: Esquivel - Latinesque, Getz/Gilberto original blah blah blah.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    german firecrackers

"Das War Nur Ein Moment", long-time favorite of mine. How is the other album of his in that pic? I heard he had some other nice ones.

I just love the Gunther Fischer sound. They sound exceptional on the Uschi Bruhning record, but do a damn good job on the Krug record as well.

- J

german firecrackers

"Das War Nur Ein Moment", long-time favorite of mine. How is the other album of his in that pic? I heard he had some other nice ones.

I just love the Gunther Fischer sound. They sound exceptional on the Uschi Bruhning record, but do a damn good job on the Krug record as well.

- J

cosign on g??nter fischer, this however seems to be german soul, never had any of his joints before, some funky parts, pretty cool..

a mellow track that caught my ear running through these

krug-baden-gehn-1.mp3 - 2.92MB

btw.. heres another weekend surprise, a record that may have slipped under my radar in the past, anybody up on this?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

btw.. heres another weekend surprise, a record that may have slipped under my radar in the past, anybody up on this?

It picked it up a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at its dopeness

• yeah -- both those KRUG's in the first post are great ...

a trip to plastic wax yielded these for reasonable dough..

pretty pleased to finally get an OG ZEUS for my collection.
    picked up the 'ultimate stereo presentation' sampler as it has a BRIAN BENNETT track from his 'illustrated london noise' LP which is pretty tasty... and the 'hot hits' record has a nice version of T REX's "jeepster" on.

can't wait to get stuck in to the ROCK WORKSHOP 1st and JONATHAN RICNMAN records....

the 7's are:
    GANG OF FOUR - "at home he's a tourist"
    HOT CHOCOLATE - "everthing should be funky"
    HOT CHOCOLATE - "rumours" (relativley funky .. but i'm still attempting to find something similar to their 'go go girl' track --- is that their only really good one??)
    STAN GETZ - "girl from ipanema" ep

• I didn't mind paying $5 for a NM Promo Baby Huey! Rest of the records were $1 each.

Klas is an Indiana soul raerity!

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ooooooo that NJ Drive...that e bro's song on the soundtrack is

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    It's been dry around here for "keepers", but the web has yielded some goodness.
    These both arrived Saturday!

Hugh on vocals+Prince Jammy production+1980=SCORCHER!

Photobucket

One side for both Echo and Frankie, great stuff.
    Understated cover art from the normally crazy style Limonious.

Photobucket

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

45s
    gwen mcrae rocking chair /badcat
    JB on the good foot /polydor
    JB get up offa that... /polydor
    stylistics ur everything /avco
    mychael stay /free flight
    crown heights aff /every beat of my heart
    + some latin rascals rmx found in the trash lol

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

these were acutally made? I need one! please to PM with the details. Thanks! No really pm me.

Thanks!
    chad

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    took a lot of female soul wants off my list this week.

the only good Larnelle I've ever found. this is some serious moder/ feel good/ I believe type ish!

grabbed a couple more goodies all of which are going to be on my next help me facilitate my overspending habits set sale