Who The Hell Is ARCHDD

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
And do they actually sell any records???Found the below Sam Russell LP today and knew nothing about it.....punched it up on GEMM and there were two copies.....one from Craig Moerer for $35.00 and one from ARCHDD for $527.00....It's a mediocre LP with maybe a cut or two I would listen to more than once.....but does this ARCHDD guy ever sell any of these grossly overpriced LP's....and does anyone here actually know him??

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    It doesn't cost anything to have a gemm store. I just assume he puts up his personal collection at exorbitant prices on the off chance that some doofus might bite. Why the hell not I guess.

He's got about 15 positive feedback comments so looks like some folks are buying.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Oh no he didn't.

• That Sam Russell album is excellent. Not mediocre by any stretch IMHO. If you're not a 70's soul enthusiast than the lack of enthusiasm would be understandable.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Nah, ARCHDD, HAL and RECSIM are all front with no records. Check out the stock levels they say they have. They are pulling in other people's catalogues. My guess is if anyone is crazy enough to buy from these guys they just go and get the record from another dealer and spend the rest of the day counting money...

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    yeah ive heard of GEMM sellers relisting other peoples shjit pre-buy. vultures upon vultures and whatnot.

though as a zen cleansing exercise i once considered listing every raer i own on GEMM at x3 to x4 value just to see what popped - and to force myself to accept that nothing lasts forever. but i said fuck that putting together all the listings.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

HA! NOT ANY MORE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

FUCKIN BITCHES, Y'ALL SLEEP, Y'ALL LOSE.

BOW DOWN.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nah, ARCHDD, HAL and RECSIM are all front with no records. Check out the stock levels they say they have. They are pulling in other people's catalogues. My guess is if anyone is crazy enough to buy from these guys they just go and get the record from another dealer and spend the rest of the day counting money...

What I have always assumed. These guys pop up on almost every search. If they are the only one with the record they just might get a sale. In fact when we had this discussion before someone said the had bought from recsim and were happy.