POETS OF RHYTHM

milliondollarsmilliondollars 568 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I have seen the Poets live in Munich yesterday night.Did you seen them live before??That shit was on the !!!I heard that they are about to release a new album on Now Again as The Malcouns...can't wait to listen to it.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I've seen a live show on TV. Woke up, girlfriend was still sleeping, turned on the TV on mute and zapped. Bayerisches Fernsehen! Live concert from 1994 or so. At first, I didn't recognize it was them! Played all the songs from their first LP. We ended up dancing in my parents guest room at 9 am on a Sunday morning. Good times.

Great band!!!

• I've seen a live show on TV. Woke up, girlfriend was still sleeping, turned on the TV on mute and zapped. Bayerisches Fernsehen! Live concert from 1994 or so. At first, I didn't recognize it was them! Played all the songs from their first LP. We ended up dancing in my parents guest room at 9 am on a Sunday morning. Good times.

Great band!!!

Sounds great! I wish i have seen this show too!
    Yesterday they played mostly the african influenced stuff but nevertheless it was incredible.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Def my favorite retro funk band. Discern/Define kicks some major ass. I wonder if they ever come to the U.S. for shows? Their new project is sounding pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

• I saw them live and they were great! Malcolm Catto on drums holding it down. The best way i could describe it would be "organised chaos". Really worth checking out live if you get the chance!

• SupacatSupacat 46 Posts
    The Poets' drummer is Max, one of the Whitefield brothers. The Malcouns are another Munich afro funk band with Poets members guesting.

• The Poets' drummer is Max, one of the Whitefield brothers. The Malcouns are another Munich afro funk band with Poets members guesting.

i'm not sure...there was one band playing songs by the Poets Of Rhythm and the Malcouns
    the whitefield brothers were both playing too...