ebay login WTF????!

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
For the past three days, whenever I try to log into my ebay account from my g4 powerbook, it shuts me out of Safari entirely. I'm not having any other problems with my internet connection whatsoever. I'm able to log into other accounts online, too; it's just the ebay account that bounces me out. I've tried purging a ton of files to clear up some memory and restarting the computer a million times, but no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestions please? Is there something I could change with my internet preferences or something?

Comments

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    My version of Safari sucks, I have to use Firefox all the time on certain websites because of it.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    For the past three days, whenever I try to log into my ebay account from my g4 powerbook, it shuts me out of Safari entirely. I'm not having any other problems with my internet connection whatsoever. I'm able to log into other accounts online, too; it's just the ebay account that bounces me out. I've tried purging a ton of files to clear up some memory and restarting the computer a million times, but no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Suggestions please? Is there something I could change with my internet preferences or something?

Safari is a big
    I just recently got fed up of it shutting down and giving me trouble while trying to log in to Hotmail.com ... I'm using Firefox now and so far so good.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I never had problems with Safari before this, but I just downloaded Firefox and that did the trick. Thanks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm not defending Safari so much as noting that, for whatever reason, Firefox runs slow as hell under 10.5. That's why I went back to Safari even though I usually find FF to be the superior browser.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Have you downloaded the most recent version of Safari? It wasn't released very long ago.

Between Safari and FF, I find Safari to be the more functional browser of the two, but FF is certainly more compatible with the internet.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Have you downloaded the most recent version of Safari? It wasn't released very long ago.

No, I haven't tried the latest Safari. Firefox did the trick and I'm too shortsighted to look beyond the quick fix. I'd come crawling back in a heartbeat, though, if Firefox suddenly got in the way of me logging into my ebay account and Safari worked again. I have no web browser loyalty.