little brother - atari 2600???

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
is this track available? heard it while working on my computer listening to wefunk show 317. info or extra copies pleaes holler. thanks. toast.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    It was first released as a promo-only 7" single which i ahve, but it was also on the Lp that came out after that.

Great track with RZA on the mic talking crazy-toy-shop-meets-wu-mansion lyrics!

• thanks! sample id? where can i get this?

• It was first released as a promo-only 7" single which i ahve, but it was also on the Lp that came out after that.

It's only on 45 (ABB1038-1 PRO) and was not on the album. About 1000 pressed, my guess is that there must be one out there (scored mine last year for about $10)

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Not to be pedantic dude, but that ain't Rza, that's one of the LB dudes (Pooh?) doing a pretty darned good impression of him.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Shit really? I was sure it was the RZA. I thought someone else told me that too.

And are we sure it ain't on their LP? I coulda sworn i read it on the track listing to their album somewhere online?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    ya, im pretty sure this track only came out in limited press on 7"

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Shit really? I was sure it was the RZA. I thought someone else told me that too.

It's Phonte doin' the RZA imitation... And if I'm not mistaken, it's also him w/ the Jeffrey Osbourne knockoff as well...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Jeez... they have a COMEDY album now??? Those guys seem to put out loads of stuff, and since they're local I see it all over the shops here

• "whoadies on fire" is hilarious

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Jeez... they have a COMEDY album now??? Those guys seem to put out loads of stuff, and since they're local I see it all over the shops here

Word is that that album was recorded durin'/slightly before/after 'The Listening' as a joke/havin' fun more than anythin' else - it's archival material that had been circulatin' on MP3/CD-R format for a long time and in the wake of LB generatin' a little bit of buzz, 'officially' re-released by HipHopSite...

• Shit really? I was sure it was the RZA. I thought someone else told me that too.

And are we sure it ain't on their LP? I coulda sworn i read it on the track listing to their album somewhere online?

it most certainly isn't rza, it's phonte of little brother doing an impression of him

eccentric and phonte have an entire album where they impersonate everyone from manny fresh to madlib.