Weird Record Food

counterpointcounterpoint 187 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I realize that some of you might just happen to eat weird at times and not because of the music that's playing. Im typing this and making this RR by using "Record" in my title since we're all a little weird and we are on this bulletin because we all have a record connection. no?Yesterday the weirdest thing I ate for the first time was the usual melted cheeses on my tortillas and fresh pico de gallo but I added a sunnyside fried egg on top for a change. (weird) I liked it so much I had another one on the remaining chips but made it a little runny. I know. Sounds gross but it was good at the time and I still remember it as such. No crazy tummy pangs afterwards. Just a crazy decision that was good and not bad for me.Today. I couldn't decide what I wanted. Pickles or sweet thangs and MILK. I had pickled seaweed salad, 1/4 breast roast jerk chicken, a glass of 2% milk, snickerdoodles, and a vanilla cream with whipped cream on top. Some people love dairy. I don't like milk. I used to leave the milk dry in my cereal and only have it mixed with something usually because i couldn't separate it out. I don't know what to call a lunch like this but it was smashing. I cleared my plates in an hour. Coming from a dude that doesn't eat a lot, nor change diets much could I be sympathetic to the pregnant ladies popping up in this unusual sunny weather? Or is it the weird music I'm eating that's causing this. Maybe I have a tape worm... I've been sober so I feel I must be dreaming if not hallucinating but I'm typing a post to make myself wake up. Someone plaese to wake me up. Tell me a weird-food story so I don't feel so out of place...and have a nice day!!

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    how dare you blog in my blog.

ps
    good thread!

• what you eatin' there buddy?

baby carrots. its snack time now and im trying to do it healthy like. but i had ethiopian veggie plate from messob for a early lunch. i usually go to merkato across the street cuz its cheaper by like half. but you really get what you pay for at messob and i felt like indulging myself today.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I realize that some of you might just happen to eat weird at times and not because of the music that's playing. Im typing this and making this RR by using "Record" in my title since we're all a little weird and we are on this bulletin because we all have a record connection. no?

Yesterday the weirdest thing I ate for the first time was the usual melted cheeses on my tortillas and fresh pico de gallo but I added a sunnyside fried egg on top for a change. (weird) I liked it so much I had another one on the remaining chips but made it a little runny. I know. Sounds gross but it was good at the time and I still remember it as such. No crazy tummy pangs afterwards. Just a crazy decision that was good and not bad for me.

umm, that's not weird or crazy, it's called Ranchero Style. I get enchiladas or chilaquiles like that on occasion. good stuff

• I do like baby carrots and ethiopian foods, too

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    counterpoint, you should fu*ks with some bi bim bap

ok here's a lil pointer for the gwailo regarding the bibimbap. well, the dol sot bibimbap, the one that comes in the cast iron bowl. yeah, too often i notice folks stirring that shit up the instant it arrives. and im here to let you know that if you let it sit there for a minute and let the rice burn to the bowl, that is the true flavor you are looking for. i dont know what they call it in korean but that is the "koge" and that is my shit.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ok here's a lil pointer for the gwailo regarding the bibimbap. well, the dol sot bibimbap, the one that comes in the cast iron bowl. yeah, too often i notice folks stirring that shit up the instant it arrives. and im here to let you know that if you let it sit there for a minute and let the rice burn to the bowl, that is the true flavor you are looking for. i dont know what they call it in korean but that is the "koge" and that is my shit.

tell me about the people that think they're "keeping it real" by eating bi bim bap with chopsticks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Speaking of a sunnyside fried egg on top...any of y'all ever had grillades and grits?

tell me about the people that think they're "keeping it real" by eating bi bim bap with chopsticks.

fools! its all about the spoon!!!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Speaking of a sunnyside fried egg on top...any of y'all ever had grillades and grits?

nah wazzat?

• soulwhatsoulwhat 24 Posts
    yap

• Speaking of a sunnyside fried egg on top...any of y'all ever had grillades and grits?

nah wazzat?

i pray thee. please tell...

and g-pa shig: yes i do like the bi bim baptz. i only take it in the stone bowl and i do not make remixes with it.
    i believe in the "koge" OG

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Grillades and grits is a traditional New Orleans breakfast consisting of beef, veal, or pork cooked in a tomato/Worsteshire sauce and then served over grits.

If done right, and the sauce is the key, it's delicious 'til infinity.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i don't eat anything too wierd these days but in high school an afternoon snack could have been:

a hot dog on bread with peanut butter

processed american cheese food on a chocolate chip cookie.

spaghetti sauce and honey sandwich.

• LurkalotLurkalot 41 Posts
    Try this, quick, easy, yummy:

Toast some bread (sliced bread)
    Put butter on each slice
    Take a good amount of Doritos and crumble them
    Add the Doritos to each slice
    Put two slices together
    Enjoy!!