Cratediggers.com ????? WTF??

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the layout is kind of horrendous though just looking at it briefly.

it's a dead ringer for the menu screen of Snowboard King '98 on Sega Saturn

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    CEO Michael BRIX Bambrick today unveiled the formal launch of CrateDiggers.com, an e-commerce Web site that has been a project in the making for the past 5+ years.

what was he doing for those 5 years?
    Preparing his speech.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Hold up...is that Son Doobie!?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    How can I reach Brix? I have an urgent need to hire him for future corporate "hip hop" themed functions and as a rapologist motivational crate diggin' speaker.

Like Nu Shooz, I can't wait.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

i like how they are going for the envronmental angle. GreenCR8? Although i don't understand it. What do they do, recycle unwanted vinyl? WTF?
    seems to me like it's just a bunch of crap to get a hold of people's records for free...

• autoauto 198 Posts
    those hand and head movements are hypnotizing

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    he sounds like a cartoon at the beginning, like Goofy, and then it sort of tapers off a bit and he becomes semi-more clear.

I DEMAND A BRIX BAMBRICK ~ KEEP DIGGIN' ~ GRAEMLIN

There is far too much heat in this crate.

Plaese to replace Funkadelic with Anne Murray Snowbird raer

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Unspeakably awesome.

Right. Folks, get your posts in now - this could be the beginning of something historically hilarious.

Huh. No James Brown listings. Not a good sign for five years of development.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    CEO Michael BRIX Bambrick

I prefer BRIX-In-Chief, myself. What do you reckon CEO stands for?

seems to me like it's just a bunch of crap to get a hold of people's records for free...

No doubt.

Ma'am, I can take all that unwanted vinyl off your hands. I work for an environmentally-friendly nationwide LP depository. Did you know that vinyl LPs contribute to harmful groundwater deposits, cancer-causing CFCs, and long-term exposure can BLEACH THE Frickin' SKIN FROM YOUR BONES?!?! Especially the rarest LPs - they were made from dangerously substandard vinyl.

That's right, ma'am - toss them (gently) in the back of this old furniture truck marked "Green Vinyl Recyclerz."

No, thanks - we do not accept CDs at this time because we have not determined the medium to be environmentally unsafe.[/b]

• i hate to say it, but...

the actionscripting knowledge of who ever wrote that site is and pretty much . as to why anybody would program a site like that in flash is beyond me.

I've got my eye on that Loggins and Messina in the "Extra Dusty" section, so step off fools. I'm looking to downgrade my current copy.

user "Crackiswack" is jacking your Kanye vs 50 Cent mashup...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    someone needs to have these guys on about wanting them to recycle their uncle's old record collection of classic funk records from when he was a DJ back in the day, the family is sick of having a garage full of old records & recycling sounds like the best option....

user "Crackiswack" is jacking your Kanye vs 50 Cent mashup...

I saw that.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    someone needs to have these guys on about wanting them to recycle their uncle's old record collection of classic funk records from when he was a DJ back in the day, the family is sick of having a garage full of old records & recycling sounds like the best option....

Comedy! Although I'd posit "soul music - you know - James Brown and stuff like that. There must be thousands of records in our garage and his old storage locker. We need space in the garage for our new pickup truck. Is it true that old records can be harmful to our health?" instead of "old funk." There weren't exactly "Funk DJs" back in the day, unless you say that "uncle" was part of an "underground radio station," or something.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

please tell me you made that shit up.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    please tell me you made that shit up.

Nope.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    he sounds like a cartoon at the beginning, like Goofy, and then it sort of tapers off a bit and he becomes semi-more clear.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    man this shit is too funny

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

noooo fuckin way this is real. but it probably is, somehow.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

i thought you did this until i saw this page on his site:

http://www.cratediggers.biz/

ITS WEB 2.0 BATCHES!!! THE ICONS HAVE REFLECTIONS!!!

"The groundbreaking blend of e-commerce and social networking redefines the way music enthusiasts purchase their music and network with one another on a global scale".

ITS WEB 2.0 BATCHES!!! THE MISSION STATEMENT HAS BUZZWORDS!!!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i cant get over this. wowwowowowowowow.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    instant

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

Too shitty to be true?

No, actually I can believe it.

Thing is imo, that site looks like a sales pitch, aimed more at investors/backers than actual users... so each time we go there to heckle, some fuckwad is counting the hits as proof that corporate McDigging is the way forward.