a new american classic

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ricky gervais >>> steve carell

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    ricky gervais >>> steve carell

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    yous may be right but the american version of the office has found its own and its very funny.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    yous may be right but the american version of the office has found its own and its very funny a non-ironic trainwreck.

everyones a critic

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yous may be right but the american version of the office has found its own and its very funny.

true. i watched the american one first, and the british one second. the british one feels more real and natural, but the american one is still the best american show on network TV at the moment.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    everyones a critic

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    the american version of the office has found its own and its very funny.

im tired as hell of people saying "the UK version was better" everytime somebody discusses this show

granted, i aint seen the English version yet, but that was just a 12-episode (?) miniseries. the american show now has more eps than the miniseries did, and probably outlasted the template a long time ago

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's a funny bit, but didn't everyone go through this thing in high school??

• The american version found its own footing, and now needs to follow the british versions lead, and end.

the 'dinner party,' episode reeked of one-too-many jokes.

time to go...

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    but the american one is still the best american show on network TV at the moment.

Don't sleep on 30 Rock!

I love the American version of the Office. Cosine on why the fuck does everyone need to bring up the british version?

This show is the tits!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Cosine on why the fuck does everyone need to bring up the british version?

is this a serious question?

im tired as hell of people saying "the UK version was better" everytime somebody discusses this show

granted, i aint seen the English version yet, but that was just a 12-episode (?) miniseries. the american show now has more eps than the miniseries did, and probably outlasted the template a long time ago
    HELL YEAH
    P.S. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Wrong. The UK version had 2 'seasons' and a special.

I love the US version. But they've taken all the darkness out of the show, and turned it into just another sitcom. Which ultimately stops it from being truely awesome.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    This show is irritating and unfunny. (See, I didn't need to mention the British version.)

• I just finished season one. pretty good.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This show is irritating and unfunny. (See, I didn't need to mention the British version.)

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    yup, i ain't feeling the most recent eps. season 2 was pure dramady gold.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    The american version found its own footing, and now needs to follow the british versions lead, and end.

time to go...

That ep was horrible. I found it really hard to watch. I think the trump card for the offUS for me is that I find Pam alot more endearing, which ultimately make me like the show alot more too.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    The american version found its own footing, and now needs to follow the british versions lead, and end.

time to go...

That ep was horrible. I found it really hard to watch. I think the trump card for the offUS for me is that I find Pam alot more endearing, which ultimately make me like the show alot more too.

ahh...yeah i guess i forgot those last 2 episodes. they werent horrible, but the show is definitely going downhill...shame.

Pam > Dawn
    Jim < Tim
    Dwight + Gareth = apples vs. oranges
    Michael < David

although with all of those, i like each just fine...except pam/dawn..i like pam better altogether.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    still better in it's weaker moments than a lot of other american com

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

im tired as hell of people saying "the UK version[/b] was better" everytime somebody discusses this show

granted, i aint seen the English version[/b] yet,

The american version found its own footing, and now needs to follow the british version's[/b] lead, and end.

I love the American version of the Office. Cosine on why the fuck does everyone need to bring up the british version[/b]?

Take that word out ya mouth for starters. Were the Beatles the English version[/b] of the Monkees? Was reggae the Jamaican version[/b] of Two-Tone?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    semantics. calling out words don't change their implied meaning.

Reggae > Two Tone.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

im tired as hell of people saying "the UK version[/b] was better" everytime somebody discusses this show

granted, i aint seen the English version[/b] yet,

The american version found its own footing, and now needs to follow the british version's[/b] lead, and end.

I love the American version of the Office. Cosine on why the fuck does everyone need to bring up the british version[/b]?

Take that word out ya mouth for starters. Were the Beatles the English version[/b] of the Monkees? Was reggae the Jamaican version[/b] of Two-Tone?

don't worry chaps, no-one will shop you to the House UnAmerican Activities Committee for admiring the 'foreign' original.....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    British version

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Oh sweet delicious irony. There was a US version of this semi funny oz improv comedy show called Thank God You're Here. They even cast a host who looked uncannily like the OG host except he was a black version of dude. Spitting image. Like, don't dare stray from the original successful formula, copy that shit down to the last detail.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Shows usually get tweaked here and there when a format is translated from one place to another. Sometimes it works, usually it makes it weaker in comparison. TV101.
    Sometimes the translation is awful. In this instance, one is great, one is very good.
    Let's just enjoy both original and version for what they are, i.e. better than most of what else is on.
    There's surely no need to get territorial about it.

I'll prefer the Gervais 'Office', but equally the US 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' over some Jack Dee UK derivative, whilst enjoying both.

Yeah, i'm not wanting to sound territorial, it's just common bloody sense:

If you decide to re-shoot a classic, let's say a Hitchcock film, your effort will always[/b] be judged against the original - which is not[/b] a version - and that is why people will always compare the US series with Merchant & Gervaise's The Office - their names are even in the credits as exec-producers.

I haven't seen much of the American series, so I'm not able to judge which is better, but if it was on I'd definately check it, and would be unable not to compare it to the OG. They have even cast people that look alike and use similar mannerisms.

British version

Oi!

LOL.