Greed's Ultimate Nemesis

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I still fuck with this record.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    That was a nice record. I hoped that would lead to other stuff, like the Willie Evans album, but it wasn't meant to be. Here is a track from way back by one half of GUN dudes that was posted by PMC:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/568352798481c6/

peace

h

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah he poasted that on teh blog right? I was feeling that too.

Does anyone on soulstrut these days know who G.U.N. is? Does anyone know who soulman is??

I feel old (but not as old as Phill... ha ha ha ha)

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Does anyone on soulstrut these days know who G.U.N. is? Does anyone know who soulman is??

Does anyone know what rap is? Is anyone interested in this schitt? I guess music is kinda pass?? with alot of people, especially rap music. Things like this only matter to fossils like Phill, you, & I.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yo I don't know who G.U.N. (young'n related) is but that track is hot. Mid 90s slept-on NYC crew? Fill me in here.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I liked those songs but couldn't get a hold of the vinyl. long out of print now right?

• I liked those songs but couldn't get a hold of the vinyl. long out of print now right?

Holler at Phill..maybe he still has some. Actually, one of the G.U.N. dudes used to post on here, too..try getting at him.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    These guys rep the Burgh!

• autoauto 198 Posts
    the greedy ultimate... that greedy. i dug the songs i heard for sure. good replay value.. nice sample usage and cool raps that worked with the samples. they still kickin around making songs or are they done?

• I really liked that 15 min or so sampler that was posted here. About 4 or 5 songs mixed together, it was great.

Any chance of hearing that again? My hard-drive died.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I liked this so much I dropped it at a wedding when it came out. I didn't care what the guests throught. Soulman sent me a dope package and they needed to hear it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I feel old (but not as old as Phill... ha ha ha ha)

being old as me is really not so bad. you should try it sometime. oh thats right... you will

I am already preparing my old man rapps for the occasion!

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    yooo - whattup people - Soma from G.U.N here...noticed a little G.U.N talk on the Strut, figured I'd give a quick update.

G.U.N is no longer, isht happens, no further comment. However, I am pushing on with a solo project in hopes of keeping that real schitt alive and well in PGH, PA ... I got some super-dope production from Willie Evans Jr., Batsauce (of The Smile Rays)...PLEASE get hip to The Smile Rays of you're not yet...phenom. music...I got some Soulman stuff, and beats from my man AKSIM from Finland.

I have some roughly mixed tracks on my myspace page you guys can check out. Should have some finalized/mastered stuff end of May - so you can message me or whatever to get that realness when it's finished marinating. BTW, "REGRET" on the myspace page was produced by Soulman . Peace!

www.myspace.com/somacandelaria

Ohhhhhhhh, yo - I can put the "GREEDYOLOGY" album that G.U.N did last yr. up for download too...Soulman did like 12 tracks on there...we basically just sold that at shows & used it for promo. It's real, real dope. I still have some of the cd's too if you want one. I'll put a link to download it a little later.

Yeah I'd love to hear that album. I checked out another track of yours on Phill's blog and it was hot.

Groups and things come and go, keep on doing you.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Carm, did you ever send me any official copies of the GREEDYOLOGY joint? Yeah, i'm airing you out publicly.

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    no. next question...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Ohhhhhhhh, yo - I can put the "GREEDYOLOGY" album that G.U.N did last yr. up for download too...Soulman did like 12 tracks on there...we basically just sold that at shows & used it for promo. It's real, real dope. I still have some of the cd's too if you want one. I'll put a link to download it a little later.

Yes would love to hear this. Good luck on the solo work as well.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    beats from my man AKSIM from Finland.

Dope!

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    Yeah I'd love to hear that album. I checked out another track of yours on Phill's blog and it was hot.

Here you go: GREEDYOLOGY

http://download.yousendit.com/90C66C631943EE13

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

agreed! I'll be so bold to say "future classic"

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    Here's the G.U.N/9th Wonder, "DAT GREEDY: THE MIXTAPE" too - free download - happy saturday...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Here's the G.U.N/9th Wonder, "DAT GREEDY: THE MIXTAPE" too - free download - happy saturday...

Yo Soma,

What's up, dawg? It's nice to see your face in the place. I look forward to hearing the mixtape. I'm still trying to find a crib so I can get up and running again. Good luck with the new project and direction. Send my regards to the Bungieman if you run across him.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Dope shit, Soma!!! Tracks 1, 6, and 10 are especially ridiculous!!! Are those Phill Most Chill productions? Damn!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts

Dope shit, Soma!!! Tracks 1, 6, and 10 are especially ridiculous!!! Are those Phill Most Chill productions? Damn!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Everything is Phill's production except the 2 joints you did, and DEVIL McDOOM did "Velocity". Hope all is well w/ you big homie.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Everything is Phill's production except the 2 joints you did, and DEVIL McDOOM did "Velocity". Hope all is well w/ you big homie.

Hey Soma,

I still have some heaters on me (since me and dude never finished our project), plus I'll be cooking up some more once I get in a house (and unpack my gear). I'm really feelin' what you're doin', mane!!! Keep that REAL SCHITT comin', homie. I send my best to you and yours. Holla at me, bro (I'll send you the digits in a PM).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak