Watching PBS and they're playing Clash vids/shows

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
shit is crazy. One of the few "rock" bands I genuinely ride for. I remember hearing "Magnificent Seven" a few years ago and basically getting my mind blown. A few weeks later I went to a local shop (with the dude Morse Code) and cop'd the 12''. To this day the bassline in that shit is one of funkiest things I will ever hear. That same track started my interest into things like "no wave" and "punk funK".They where both funky (SANS TACKY AND ON THE ONE CHESSE) and political. Anyways this pledge drive is making being bedridden not too bad.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT, YO!

• I WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT, YO!

you know this man! You lurkin' in teh cut!

• Anyways this is making being bedridden not too bad.

what happened to the magic?

• huh?

I GOT A FEVER....A FEVER FOR NOT HAVING A FEVER.

• the ramones doc they showed was amazing...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    the ramones doc they showed was amazing...

There's a reason we only show that stuff during pledge drives.

There was also a new Jimi Hendrix doc this March called "American Landing", I think.

We featured a picture from the Clash documentary on the video mural on our building last month.

If you look hard, you can see my desk. I'm on the bottom floor of the beam, about two-thirds of the way to the right end in this picture.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Can the video mural scan my license number and facial features as I drive by at 80 mph like I hear about the fox news one on 95?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

you got some triple glazed soundproofing in that office?

• the ramones doc they showed was amazing...

There was also a new Jimi Hendrix doc this March called "American Landing", I think.

We featured a picture from the Clash documentary on the video mural on our building last month.

If you look hard, you can see my desk. I'm on the bottom floor of the beam, about two-thirds of the way to the right end in this picture.

Can see wifey's office in there, too.

3 floors from the top, near the left edge of the pic.

Can the video mural scan my license number and facial features as I drive by at 80 mph like I hear about the fox news one on 95?

We can actually scan an image of your brain structure. We use it to produce pledge specials that are more appealing so you'll give up the loot.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Jesus, I've been trying to peeping tom your wife this whole time and instead I've been watching Great Blue Hills dance in slinky lingerie with his door closed.

Fuck. Now I'm not going to be able to get it up for a month.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the ramones doc they showed was amazing...

Nice building. My pledge dollars at work?

Jesus, I've been trying to peeping tom your wife this whole time and instead I've been watching Great Blue Hills dance in slinky lingerie with his door closed.

Fuck. Now I'm not going to be able to get it up for a month.

WHAT A MAN DOES IN HIS OFFICE WITH HIS DOOR CLOSED IS BETWEEN HIM AND HIS GOD.

Nice building. My pledge dollars at work?

Nah, we had a capital campaign to raise the cash to build the new HQ. It's also much more efficient than the old set of fourteen separate buildings, so our overhead is actually lower. The mural is powered by solar panels on the roof, and the whole place is LEED certified.

So your pledge dollars go only to fund the programming you love blah blah blah......

.....produced in Boston, shared with the world.

A press release I just received:

American Masters tells the story of a legendary Motown star in ???Marvin Gaye: What???s Going On???
    Wednesday, May 7 at 9-10pm on WGBH 2[/b]

????????His standing among the most enduring 20th century American musical artists is without question, yet Marvin Gaye???s story is rarely told beyond the tragic circumstances of his death???shot the day before his 45th birthday on April 1, 1984 by his own father, Reverend Marvin Gay, Sr. Enormously talented and equally complicated, Gaye created an intimate style???full of honesty, integrity, and vulnerability. He was creative and brilliant, conflicted and troubled always torn between his religious upbringing and his secular aspirations. His music was politically and sexually charged, yet personally, he could be distant and aloof.

American Masters: ???Marvin Gaye: What???s Going On??? reveals his autobiography in lyrics and melody???the discord, confusion and depression behind the Motown star who challenged and transformed black music, leaving an indelible mark on our cultural landscape. Actor Jesse L. Martin narrates.

Check your local listings, etc.