THE NOODLE NAZI

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
no you crybabies. im not talking about real nazis here. well, sort of. this is the noodle nazikinda like the soup nazi. but food nazis are nazis because they can be. and by that i mean, their shit is GOOD and if they say no reading newspaper while at the table then you best obey. anyways, ive been to the noodle nazi a few times since ive been here. and you can bet your ass i mind my manners. but my local SGV hommie says the dude is a dick cuz the locals ride his nuts too much and apparently LA Weekly did a review a while back and that blew up his head. but this does not seem to be an isolated incident. i mean, soup nazi. right? and there was the sammich nazi lady in the castro. so who are the food nazis in your neighborhood?btw, in case you couldnt tell, the noodle nazi got the bomb noodle. do not test.

Comments

• no you crybabies. im not talking about real nazis here. well, sort of. this is the noodle nazi

kinda like the soup nazi. but food nazis are nazis because they can be. and by that i mean, their shit is GOOD and if they say no reading newspaper while at the table then you best obey.

anyways, ive been to the noodle nazi a few times since ive been here. and you can bet your ass i mind my manners. but my local SGV hommie says the dude is a dick cuz the locals ride his nuts too much and apparently LA Weekly did a review a while back and that blew up his head.

but this does not seem to be an isolated incident. i mean, soup nazi. right? and there was the sammich nazi lady in the castro. so who are the food nazis in your neighborhood?

btw, in case you couldnt tell, the noodle nazi got the bomb noodle. do not test.

so where is he at, or is that a secret???

• so who are the food nazis in your neighborhood?

does the guy from House Of Nanking qualify?...

That shit is good (although a little to generic with peanut sauce on everything.. and a little salty)....

you know that guy's got some ego too, although I guess he's kinda cool. Everytime I go there (not that often, I guess), he askes if it's my first time there. If I hesitate for a fraction of a second, he just goes off about how he'll take care of you - then the bring out all kinds of stuff. One time I didn't really have alot of money on me, but they kept bringing dishes out... luckily I could cover it!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    naw, the house of nanking guy is sneaky, but he's nice. but yeah, that dude will run a bill for you like no tomorrow.

and funky eggs, here's the spot. it's a bit out of the way and i think there's only like 8 tables in the spot. the menu's simple enough. there's only like 6 things on it.

Dai Ho Kitchen
    9148 Las Tunas Dr. Temple City, CA

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    i went to a place in napoli. a small family run spot where the guy and his wife took the order, made the food and brought it out. there were probably 6 tables in the place and the kitchen was shoved in the corner. when the dude brought the food out my friend asked for parmesan cheese. the dude said no. when my friend asked why, he said the parmesan will destroy the dish. dude came back halfway through the meal with parmesan and asked my friend if he wanted any now. luckly my friend was smart enough to say no. the food was one of the best meals i have ever had and ridiculously cheap.

the house of nan king experience happened to me. where the guy said he would take care of me. it actually was my first time. but it was good and less than $10.

• man, just realized its been too long since i've been to the bay. house of nan king is one of my favs up there. i dont really remember dude being much of a food nazi though. maybe the few times i've been in i got lucky.

there is a dope sushi spot out by the 101/134 nexus if i rememberr right, all counter service, no tables, no menu, chef's choice. shit is bomb, but don't you ever dare fuck up and ask for soy sauce. luckily i was warned, but dude who first introduced me to the place got a tongue lashing his 1st time -- "NO SOY! NO SOY! NO SOY!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this thread is the truth even though i'm a picky eater

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    naw, the house of nanking guy is sneaky, but he's nice.

There's only one Nazi restauranteur on that block--and he's right next door:

Named for:

[I can't believe that a smiling photo of him exists.]

Stephen Gia is aggro and pissy like a Martha Focker, but man, I love his food. My theory is that his saltiness comes from the fact that Nanking is in Zagat's and all the tour guides, while he toils aways in obscurity one door down with better food, faster service, and cheaper prices.

Honey chili prawns and spicy yams with string beans ALL DAY LONG.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

btw, in case you couldnt tell, the noodle nazi got the bomb noodle. do not test.

AYYYY YOOOOOO! [/b].

I guess after the soup "you touched him pens"?!??!?!?.

But seriously, Sandwhich Nazi in SF? Where? If the sandwhiches are bomb, i am there.

HOGG:
    We should go that spot. The dishes you mentioned are a-okay with this vegetarian.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    whoa whoa. i get a AYO[/b] for the noodle reference but hoggi gets off scott free mentioning the spicy yams and string beans? LA HATER.

anyways, for the life of me i cant remember the name or the street that sandwich nazi is on. but its in the castro. kind of a hole in the wall. ross might know...oh wait, hole in the wall. har har...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    PAGING MARCO

International Delights in Durham... I've only been there a few times so I'll let the regular break this place down...

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    Charlies Hamburgers in the suburbs outside of Philly...best burgers on the planet with milkshakes made only with Breyers all natural ice-cream.All they sell are burgers,dogs,sodas,shakes and chips..that's it.
    The guy taking orders looks like Charles Mansion and the guy working the grill truly looks like he'll murder you just for fun.I literally can't look dude in the eye.They yell and curse when people aren't lined up properly and if you ask for fries they roll their eyes and point at the menue on the wall.I get a little uptight every time I go in there.But I always leave happy and full.

• Options

But seriously, Sandwhich Nazi in SF? Where? If the sandwhiches are bomb, i am there.

This guy here is the Sandwich KING in Central LI. I've seen him snip on some customers who ask stupid questions and stuff, but he doesn't run the 'nazi" act on his regulars. Not much vegetarian stuff though, sorry Phonics.

Junior (his name) is always trying to get folks to fly out to Vegas with him and his crew for weekends, he parties a lot. Word is he might play for both teams, but I can't call it. I'm not about to fly to Vegas with the sandwich guy though, I'd be expecting him to make my food the whole time I'm out there.

It's Russian dressing on his glove, not asscheese.

• Charlies Hamburgers in the suburbs outside of Philly...best burgers on the planet with milkshakes made only with Breyers all natural ice-cream.All they sell are burgers,dogs,sodas,shakes and chips..that's it.
    The guy taking orders looks like Charles Mansion and the guy working the grill truly looks like he'll murder you just for fun.I literally can't look dude in the eye.They yell and curse when people aren't lined up properly and if you ask for fries they roll their eyes and point at the menue on the wall.I get a little uptight every time I go in there.But I always leave happy and full.

Address????

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I don't think I have ever been in a resturant with arbitrary rules.

But speaking of Sandwiches and 90s sitcoms. Am I the only one bothered that Joey Triviani is always talking about sandwiches, but when there is a sandwich on the set it is some thin-west-coast-with-sprouts looking thing?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    INTERNATIONAL DELIGHTS in Durham NC

I've seen Gehad (pronounced Jihad), the owner of this Mediterranean restaurant, do the following, usually in an authoritative Lebanese-accented bellow:

- Kick people out of the store for standing at the counter instead of sitting down with a menu when deciding their order like he told them to do.

- Tell people they don't deserve his food because some members of their party were going to the restaurant next door.

- Tell people to go to Subway if they want their food fast or don't appreciate "the best."

and most importantly

- Refuse to give out ketchup for anything but french fries, to the point of loud verbal confrontation and customer ejection. In fact he has signs around the store (and t-shirts) saying they ban ketchup on their food.

Sadly, when Gehad had surgery and had to hire a new manager to take over, he put up a handwritten sign that read "It's ok to use ketchup. I don't care anymore." The end of an era.

Wifey and I go there every Saturday morning and are treated like family, so naturally we love it when he lays the smack down on some unsuspecting newcomer who mistakenly lingers too much looking at the overhead menu.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    We went to House of Nanking on our honeymoon in 1995 on a friend's tip. The line was long, the room was crowded, the atmosphere was like a rush hour subway car, and the food was average.

I'm taking R*ss' advice on food the next time I'm in the bay.