Grapefruits vs. Softballs (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
There is a storm heading for the Dallas area right now and they just reported Grapefruit sized hail in one small town and Softball sized hail in another.Which made me think....which is bigger??Softballs or Grapefruits??I need to be prepared!!

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    There is a storm heading for the Dallas area right now and they just reported Grapefruit sized hail in one small town and Softball sized hail in another.

Which made me think....which is bigger??

Softballs or Grapefruits??

I need to be prepared!!

At the risk of sounding naive to the damage that such large chunks of hail would cause, I would actually like to see that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    hey-sus

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    c'mon grapefruit...c'mon grapefruit!

GO BANANA!!!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I'd say grapefruit is a bit bigger. We actually got lucky in our area tonight, huh Rock? Last Wednesday was a son-of-a-bitch though...power was out here for 9 hours.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    My family house, that I grew up in (which I am now site managing renovations on after years living out of it) has a carport right next to the verandah on one side. The roof of the carport starts and the same level as the verandah, and travels up to a 45 odd degree pitch or corrugated iron. Kinda like verandah _/ carport

When we were kids and it hailed, the roof would launch the stones at the verandah (and ergo the side of the house) and we would run from one end to the other getting hit with hail. Good times!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ROCK, I SAY YOU LINE UP THE ROOF OF YOUR HOME WITH BUBBLE WRAP AND COMMON RECORDS!!!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    LURL

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Pomelo is a big ass grapefruit (roughly the size of a human head in this instance):