GTFOOHWTBS....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I just saw this on some site;Placebo (Marc Moulin) NEWPlacebo Sessions (Counterpoint) 1998, UKSave at least $ 1500 by buying this out of print reissue of the best tracks from the discography of Placebo. These 3 Holy Grail belgian Jazz Funk leade by Marc Moulin are compiled on this excellent double Lp including the monster funk jazz breaks of "Balek" & "Humpty Dumpty" - the beautiful Marvin Gaye cover "Inner City Blues" - the trippy "Showbiz suite" & "Planes". An absolute essential double LP.Cover/Vinyl: EX/EX - ???100100 EUROS??? Is this for real? That's like $160... some websites from Europe are gettin' outta control these days with the pricing... anything no one heard before or "placebo" sounding instant 100....wack.b

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's funny you bring this up. I thought of this comp out of the blue today and was going to dub it. I remember hearing that it goes for a little bit of $. I think there was a thread talking about this not too long ago. That's the 2XLP with the blue cover, right?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That price is definitely high but not sure that its outlandish... comp has been OOP and desirable for years...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The most I've ever seen it go for on eBay was like $80 or something, other times for $50-60, never for $160. I have like 3 copies at home I got in Japan, I tried sellin' em for $30 a pop but no one was coppin'....

I still think $160 is bullshit. I think $100 would be high priced too...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Seriously? I am sure I gave this away BITD. It was tepid at best IIRC.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

yeah, the music on there is heat... a very concise snapshot of Placebo, but at that price, I'd be interested in seeing if anyone is stupid enuff to cop it... I'd settle for the mp3s on iTunes or something....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i remember ordering that from DGA in like... 2002? maybe? and it was like $15.99 or something.

Just wasn't feeling it. Perhaps I'll find the mp3s and give it another go.

Not as tepid as say, a Fattburger set, but there was nothing on there that made me want to keep it at the time. I gave the same dude all the Bill Laswell stuff too. And probably an OG "White Lines" picture disc. Surely that's just bean-dip serving material?

Fatburger... tepid??

GTFOOHWTBS....

Please to revisit you Fattburger catalog objectively. You can almost hear them reading the parts. The recorded works of John Holmes was less stiff. You want the real Hawk Wolkinski? he doesn't come out unless Chaka's Racka is in the frame.

I would put them over a warm lapshade for novelty fruitbowls, or as target practice if I was Robin Hood shot forward in time with a dose of music snobbery thown in. "Yo! Friar Tuck had mad loops, son. Fug a Fattburger tepid" - zzzZZZIONNNG!

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Post deleted by Vagabond

Until you have shot arrows or other projectiles at tepids, I suggest you fall back. Don't knock it until you try.

I thought we were talking about that real ish... hah!