Yo should I go to Ireland tomorrow?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I'll be in the area and have some time to kill. Should I just shoot over there? I'll be in Manchester and going to Dublin seems doable.

Comments

• Dublin's a great city. Lots to see, nice people.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Come to Edinburgh foolio!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How far is Edinboro from Glasgow. I'm gonna be in Glasgow on Thursday (you know that fOOOO)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hah I'm calling shit Edinboro like I'm from Philly and shit.

• simsim 16 Posts
    If youre in Manchester you should just head to Vox Pop Records and get digging.

Also: Vinyl Exchange on Oldham Street.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay, will do. I'll be in Manchester for about 4 days so that's why I'm thinking of taking a day trip or so. Was thinking Dublin or Bath, or London and (now maybe) Edinburgh (although those 2 I don't think those 2 will be day trips.)

I'll be in Manchester next week as well for a couple days before I go to Moscow.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    as ms trueheart rolls in her grave

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Edinburgh from Glasgow is like 45 minutes to a hour!

Hit me with the digits.

b

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    as a dub, I say Dublin.
    But really depends what your are looking for. Ain't great digging here, (if you do come hit up All City).
    Bath is a great spot too though.

Shame you ain't playing a show here man.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I have been living in Dublin for nearly 7 months now. Going back to Denmark in 3 weeks. What I can say is; the transportation sucks, food is not so good, rent is too expensive, and there's no 2nd hand records out here. All City had a little something but far from exciting. I forgot the name of the store underneath but I have no clue how they can pay rent. Almost no records for sale. They have music here, it's just reissues if you can enjoy that ?

Otherwise, I like the city very much and the people here. So I would recommend Dublin too. I know that I will come back to visit after I have gone home to Denmark.

• Edinborough is the most beautiful city I've ever seen.

Glasgow is one of the most fun cities I've ever been to; got into some serious adventures there without trying. Good people. Tough to understand, but they'll get you seriously fucked up, and have a good time doing it.

Don't (or do...) try the Buckfast.

• I've lived n Glasgow all my life and there are NO RECORDS here. We are good at getting fucked up though. European champions for heart disease too. Come join the fun.

• We are good at getting fucked up though. European champions for heart disease too. Come join the fun.

I was there for a weekend, and got fucked up with a crew of kids. Music, bars, clubs, weed, drinks...they're doing coke all night.

Three weeks later I get back to town, and within 15 minutes, I ran into one of them on the street, and we did it all again.

GREAT town.