1st For A Dollar "In The Field Grail" Celebration

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
i have been doing this for years and never really had a dollar find like this. i am just amped like i am on drugs. had to post about it!! several years late haha

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    oh. and yes i know i look really funny. fuck it. i will say it before any of you do!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Nice score!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    congrats..the look on your face says it all. That feeling is going to fuel you everytime you go digging.

• I know that feeling!! Next moves are:
    1. check the vinyl inside is the right one
    2. check condition
    3. keep diggin that crate (if the dude has this gemm in here, will surely have something else of equal interest)
    4. hide any signs of excitement

I know that feeling!! Next moves are:
    1. check the vinyl inside is the right one
    2. check condition
    3. keep diggin that crate (if the dude has this gemm in here, will surely have something else of equal interest)
    4. hide any signs of excitement

right vinyl. condition is obviously not great, yet wax is better looking than the sleeve. no other gems in the spot. excitement is always hidden til i get home.

funny thing is some kid came in and asked me to see it because he wasn't familiar with the record. i didnt want to let go of it because i thought dude would jack it haha. i don't go to the nicest areas to try and find shit....

but yea i was gitty. i blog a lof of my journeys but this guy refused to let me take pics of his store. his name was Earl and he showed me how to put Delfonics videos on his ipod and shared stories about King Solomon.

• Options
    Damn, nice.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Delfonics videos

Live shows or what? More info, please. Nice score, BTW!

Delfonics videos

Live shows or what? More info, please. Nice score, BTW!

live shows. them and the chi-Lites. weird dude. but genuinely nice. we sat and talked for awhile. he told me to buy a van and sit on Wall Street with girls shaking their booties to help sell records.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

what's that thing on your head? Are you wifi ready?

haha

found a few 45's too

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

i know the feeling...same as when i found skull snaps for $7 REALLY early on in my digging days. ended up being a re-issue of course, but i was young.

for real. i get the feeling every time i come across a record of interest.

but then you come across something that is a certified grail and you just get warm inside.

i was waiting for the sleeve to be empty but it was way too heavy.

i wonder how it feels to find a Stark Reality or something that the market value never ever really goes down for??

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i wonder how it feels to find a Stark Reality

i'm still waiting for this day to happen for me. it will. trust me, it will.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

what's that thing on your head? Are you wifi ready?

White man's afro pick.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    congrats thats a tuff pull in the real world

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

i wonder how it feels to find a Stark Reality or something that the market value never ever really goes down for??

Happened to me last summer... a $2 pull! Honestly, it was like winning the world series. I had friends calling me out of the blue congratulating me. Made up for all the years of bullshit I went through all to find a damn raer.

Congrats on the Skull Snaps. I paid $175 for a NM copy last year. Love that record and needed an OG to put in my casket.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i wonder how it feels to find a Stark Reality or something that STRIKE>market value/STRIKE> great f*cking sounding[/b]

i wonder how it feels to find a Stark Reality or something that STRIKE>market value/STRIKE> great f*cking sounding[/b]

yea well the great sounding is obvious. i am definitely not debating that.

but deep down it is like finding $500 bucks u know?

on another note. the same guy was trying to sell me and Ike & Tina record on Sue for $100.

it is things like this that throw me for a loop

Happened to me last summer... a $2 pull! Honestly, it was like winning the world series. I had friends calling me out of the blue congratulating me. Made up for all the years of bullshit I went through all to find a damn raer.

Congrats on the Skull Snaps. I paid $175 for a NM copy last year. Love that record and needed an OG to put in my casket.

speaking of. where did you find that SR??

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

i didnt mean specific spots but for real??

a farmers market??

did you find some nice ripe fruit there too?

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    bean dip fruit

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I think High-C found Trinikas in a shed at a petting zoo or goat farm in Oklahoma...

Where was it C**d?

• beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts
    nice find. thats the stuff that helps keep me going...

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Nice find. Not as cool as the time Skull Snaps found a copy of you for $1 though.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    CLASSIC

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Nice find. Not as cool as the time Skull Snaps found a copy of you for $1 though.

it is so amazing how you drew the bottom portion of my face on

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I think High-C found Trinikas in a shed at a petting zoo or goat farm in Oklahoma...

Where was it C**d?

yeah, a VG- Trinikas isn't exactly a Stark caliber find, but finding it for a buck and then getting to pet a giant pig still makes for a pretty exciting day.