Anybody know a good place to get dubplates made?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I'm contemplating doing some totally odball handmade box set type thing limited to 10 copies or so and I'm looking around for the best option to do a really small run of a 12 inch.Any info or advice?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Where do you live?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    San Francisco

Bay Areation.

I'm too far to suggest anything. Good luck! Though I imagine it will be easy to find a press in that area.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I'm too far to suggest anything. Good luck! Though I imagine it will be easy to find a press in that area.

shiiet, you cant mail anything? I dont understand.

Dude, just google pressing plants, inquire about the cost of testpressing or lathe cut records.

You can mail all types things but I'm in Canada.

ErnieB is in CA - if all else fails, those dudes can probably suggest something. Shhheeeeeeiiiiitttt - he lives in the same city as BossRossHogg who is bound to know of something.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I just want to do some sort of one off thing with an exclusive release. I'm thinking about taking some old easy listening box sets with nice boxes and re-pasting new artwork and throwing all kinds of goodies inside.

Test press is an option, I just want to weigh out the options.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Lotsa dudes on here would buy your box set just because you are a talented artist[/b].

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    http://www.turnstylerecords.com/

Nice and loud, decent prices.

Not too far from you either. It's been a few years since I've ordered from this guy, but I think a 10" was like $40-50 ppd.

• try looking at this place too:

http://www.1uptechnologies.com/dub.html

based in southern oregon...i've done a few 12" plates and they turned out pretty good.

• richard simpson in mid-city l.a. used to be the dude for dub plates, but i'm not sure if he's still in the biz. google him up.

but if you are going to go for 10 dub plates, you might as well get test pressings with white labels or no labels. they'll last longer and be about the same price when it's all said and done. i think....

there is also david cheppa at better quality sound in the valley. he is a bit out there though. i am not talking geography.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    ^^^^^^Goes without saying.

Seriously though dude, if you haven't heard his stuff you need to get familiar. I never even put 2 and 2 together that t was the same person.