First Warm Weather Post!!!

2»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

gonna be sad to see the chicks put away their knee-high boots, but the tank tops WILL make up for it!

I'm saying. I loves the knee-high boots. Hate the Uggs, though. At least those will be gone too.

And then there's also that peculiar trend of girls walking around wearing their third-grade galoshes. Cuter than the Uggs, but I'd rather see them stashing their pants legs inside of straight-ahead, grown-woman boots anyday.

Chicago is straight ass today. Looks grim for the weekend, too. Eff that ess.

But for the last four or five days, spring was sure good while it lasted, man...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    [

And then there's also that peculiar trend of girls walking around wearing their third-grade galoshes. Cuter than the Uggs, but I'd rather see them stashing their pants legs inside of straight-ahead, grown-woman boots anyday.

Man, we could have a whole new thread about this. Yeah, those galosh shits stormed the scene this winter. On some hello kitty type shit too. Those are cool for heavy rain or snow, but if it's just drizzling or cold, then plaese to come with the sleek, leather knee-high joints. With heels.

But for the last four or five days, spring was sure good while it lasted, man...

I know. Why does it have to keep switching? This is some bullshit.

Pickwick, do you stay in the city?

[

Man, we could have a whole new thread about this. Yeah, those galosh shits stormed the scene this winter. On some hello kitty type shit too.

That was really big with indie-rock types.

Those are cool for heavy rain or snow, but if it's just drizzling or cold, then plaese to come with the sleek, leather knee-high joints. With heels.

Yeah, some classics just were not meant to be altered, updated, modified, or just plain fucked with in any way.

Man, you would love London. When I was visting there, the women were rocking the cowboy boots like nobody's business. In the middle of summer. WITH the tank tops. But then again, the heat isn't as bad over there, so they could get away with that.

Yes, I do. Yourself?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Anyone been to artichoke on 14th yet??? Gives difara a run for the money. [/b] Plus, its by the slice.

What?! Its like that?! I read a review yesterday but didn't get the impression it was on that level.
    How much for a slice?
    it's not a game, son!

• Frankly Im getting a little fed up with this cold rain.

Today it's raining in Chicago, but it was nice yesterday. Taking the bus down Lake Shore Drive by the lakefront, it was a surefire reminder to call my ex-girlfriend's friend about the unused bike she's considering selling.

Just got one for those late night bike rides home from the hideout, I know a guy who runs a garage fixer-upper operation on old bikes, does beautiful work. Lemme know if you need his info.

Man, you would love London. When I was visting there, the women were rocking the cowboy boots like nobody's business. In the middle of summer. WITH the tank tops. But then again, the heat isn't as bad over there, so they could get away with that.

Yes, I do. Yourself?

Yeah, like Lake and Western. The frontier, so to speak. I ride the green line to the red line to work in the south loop, so that's when I do my girl-watching.

I actually am not a huge fan of cowboy boots. With the right outfit, though, I'm not mad at 'em. I was in London in '99, but it was right around christmas, so the weather was booty. I'd like to be there in the summer to view the, um, scenery.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    It cooled down a bit today (Mtl), but at least spring is actually here. Frickin' beautiful.
    Wash my S.A.D. away and replace it with beautiful girls.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    No surprise it's a bunch of Chicago guys in the weather thread. We are in the midst of the classic yo-yo weather in the Chi, getting a little teaser of glorious spring warmth and sunshine, with a large helping of cold/rain/snow on the horizon for... the entire weekend. WTF!

I live in the South Loop and have been loving seeing people with their capri pants, tanks and fanny packs, getting dressed down to hit the museum campus on the presumptuous moves. Gotta layer up during these times or else risk getting caught with your pants down when the pendulum inevitably swings the other way. It's all good when the foxy females misjudge the weather, not so much for the middle-aged suburban moms in for an afternoon on the downtown.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It is just terrible in Toronto. Not only raining, but umbrella-breaking winds - I am regretting not taking gloves and a hat. I am playing tonight at a new gig I've started and the past two times were snowstorms and now this. AK!

Today, knee-high boots are aplenty.

And I am sick of all these candy-coloured, all-over print rubber boots women of every age are wearing. They are the new crocs.

And I am sick of all these candy-coloured, all-over print rubber boots women of every age are wearing. They are the new crocs.

yeah, we were just talking about that.

maybe im the one who is , but i first saw that style in memphis. it was at an outdoor festival, it had just rained, and mudpuddles were everywhere. all these college girls were wearing them out of necessity.

this was in may '06, and by the following winter this thang somehow started spreading across the land like jam on toast.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

That's true, especially in how they all came out of the woodwork.

As Pickwick and I said, I'll take them over Uggs. While I understand the practicality of tucking your nice office pants into your Uggs for the commute, it's the worst look ever.

Classic Chicago material today: were in for rain and snow, supposedly, but it was like 55 fuckin degrees this morning. I had my North Face shell on and had to take it off on the train. [seinfeld]What is the deal?[/seinfeld]

Yes, I do. Yourself?

Yeah, like Lake and Western. The frontier, so to speak. I ride the green line to the red line to work in the south loop, so that's when I do my girl-watching.

Until a recent layoff, I was working right in the heart of the Loop, near DePaul University and just a few scant blocks away from Grant Park and the lakefront, so every day was a fashion show.

The sun is starting to shine as I'm writing this (10:36 AM), so I can imagine the south Loop is a real good place to be right now...

...if you're eight years old

The sun is starting to shine as I'm writing this (10:36 AM), so I can imagine the south Loop is a real good place to be right now...

I wouldn't know. I'm stuck inside until 5. I have to run errands after work. Fortunately I have the car, because with the rain/snow/sleet/frogs/locusts that could be coming today, I don't think my shoe choice was the best.

I want to apologize to the New Yorkers in this thread for hijacking what was a very nice and celebratory thread about the wonders of women in spring. It's just that we're going nuts over here!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's nice and sunny in London this afternoon.
    The ladies still parading around in knee high boots with 4 and 5 inch heels, plus the added bonus of a few lovelies sporting peeptoe high heeled shoes and therefore displaying some provocative and nicely painted toe cleavage.
    All is good.

Carry on.

I want to apologize to the New Yorkers in this thread for hijacking what was a very nice and celebratory thread about the wonders of women in spring. It's just that we're going nuts over here!

well, the thread title doesn't say "first NYC warm weather post!!!," so on a cross-country message board in april, you know theres gonna be some variation

(the sun just went back into hiding - im indoors too, but there is a window...)

The ladies still parading around in knee high boots with 4 and 5 inch heels, plus the added bonus of a few lovelies sporting peeptoe high heeled shoes and therefore displaying some provocative and nicely painted toe cleavage.
    All is good.

Carry on.

it must be nice living in a country where Ugg boots are nonexistent!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    All is good.

Carry on.

Not true.

We had a group of UK high schoolers come to the Center and Uggs were everywhere.

well, the thread title doesn't say "first NYC warm weather post!!!," so on a cross-country message board in april, you know theres gonna be some variation

(the sun just went back into hiding - im indoors too, but there is a window...)

True. I guess I wasn't apologizing for the geographical jack, but more the change in tone. There was happiness and anticipation and then the Chicagoans rolled in with the grumps.

I think the homie Paycheck needs to take some pictures from the front door of his store and post 'em.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    All is good.

Carry on.

I think the final frontier of Uggs has been reached...it's like the first sign of style apocalypse or something: a guy on our street wears Uggs.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    All is good.

Carry on.

Not true.

We had a group of UK high schoolers come to the Center and Uggs were everywhere.

granted, the 13-16 age group are wearing those passion-killers

but I'm talking about grown women

I got no eyes for the youngins

this ain't texas

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    All is good.

Carry on.

Not true.

granted, the 13-16 age group are wearing those passion-killers

but I'm talking about grown women

I got no eyes for the youngins

this ain't texas

These were 18 years olds. They were FAR from babies.