Estelle - American Boy (kanye accent related)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Are you working djs playing this in the clurb? What's the vote on Kanye's accent?I like the song. Hatt now. I can imagine this being fun in da club (not that I ever go).

Comments

• I can't front on the line "Before he speak, his suit bespoke."

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Here's the original...

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    yes, i play it in the club. it's in rotation on hip-hop radio, and maybe the other more poppy stations. i like the couple of songs i've heard from her.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    so, will.i.am produced it I gather. But he had an instrumental on his album? I couldn't tell from that clip you posted Pony. It says it's a song from his album, but it's just an instrumental. I have never heard will.i.am's album.

cool beat. Sounds better on the american boy one to me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    very feel good. i like it. i even used to play the original will.i.am joint.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    feelin' the song and kanye's verse. cosign on the bespoke line. the bottle service crowd will appreciate it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    huge song right now in the UK

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I can't say I'm in love with Kanye's verse or accent, but I'm not mad. He certainly doesn't ruin it.

He's probably the reason this song is getting burn on the radio at all, at least the top 40 rap stations here in Chicago. I like it a lot. It's a refreshing dash of grown and sexy in a sea of tepid jigginess.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    huge song right now in the UK

It's the no.1 tune in fact.

Here's some more from the new lp, to me it sounds very Lauren Hill ish.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I really liked her first single and it was in heavy rotation for a minute. This one took a while to grow on me but I'm digging it.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Mp tree request for the Will I Am version...