Blowing Up Polow Da' Dons Spot!!!!

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    interesting that it's loops from garage band. Are the sounds in garage band, including the loops, public property or do you have to clear that stuff? I am assuming you still have to clear it.

On a side note. I'd shoot myself if I had to hang out with that kid for more than 5 minutes.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that kid is a riot.

i think the usher single is pretty shitty anyway

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Is this >, < or = wack to Swizz Beatz using Casio presets?
    b/w Who cares.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    "Umbrella" was Garageband too right?
    Drums were anyway.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude sounded a little like he might have retardation.

anyway you could tell he was too shook to actually say polow bit this beat. instead he resorted (repeatedly, over and over) to the vague adjective "crazy."

he should have gone all the way and put dude on blast.

I didn't even come across these right now. I came across them like right now, you know.

• Options
    I didn't even come across these right now. I came across them like right now, you know.

I LOLed at that epic line.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    dude sounded a little like he might have retardation.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Is this >, < or = wack to Swizz Beatz using Casio presets?
    b/w Who cares.

at least with presets you're coming up with your own lines and melodies. Using the straight loop from the software is much bigger shortcut. I'm not mad at him though. If no one noticed, then Polow just pulled an extremely lucrative fast-one.

If no one cared and they went ahead and "cleared" a GarageBand loop, then that speaks to the sorry state of hip-hop/R&B. or does it? I don't know.

The song is garbage anyway, so fuck it.

in all honesty, it's no different than a dude adding drums to some guitar loop he sampled off of a record.

It's the same shit. Obviously vinyl is near and dear to most of us and we've all got that "it's hip hop yo" thing in us that tells us it's wrong to sample something off of garage band, but there is no difference really. He's making beats for Usher, not making the new Afu-Ra banger.

Jeff with his mac mini and CRT monitor < Polow's making money however he do.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    in all honesty, it's no different than a dude adding drums to some guitar loop he sampled off of a record.

It's the same shit. Obviously vinyl is near and dear to most of us and we've all got that "it's hip hop yo" thing in us that tells us it's wrong to sample something off of garage band, but there is no difference really. He's making beats for Usher, not making the new Afu-Ra banger.

Jeff with his mac mini and CRT monitor < Polow's making money however he do.

Sure, and at the end of the day I'm not mad at Polow at all. Get that money.

But to play the "real schitt" devil's advocate for a second, Garageband loops are on everyone's computer. At least with a loop off of a record you had to look for the record, take the sample and EQ it a little. There's a tad more effort involved as I'm sure you can attest to.

Sampling Garageband is tantamount to interpolating "I'm Coming Out." It's right there in front of everyone. Mad obvious, but mad effective. Puff got that loot and I'm still not mad at him for it.

Someone, maybe even someone on SS, is going to make a hot-ass beat using some crazy thing they found on Youtube. There are no rules anymore. If it's hot, that's all that matters.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    if this track was hot i would defend him, but its not, so fuck him this is pretty much hackery

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sayin' or at the very least you could easily compare this to sampling library records

this track sucks though

• "Umbrella" was Garageband too right?
    Drums were anyway.
    Logic, actually.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    "Umbrella" was Garageband too right?
    Drums were anyway.
    Logic, actually.
    Vintage Funk 3 from Garage Band son!

• this kid is so annoying I couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds but I got the gist. and no, I don't think you have to clear a garageband sample. that's one of the major perks to using it as opposed to sampling from a record put out by an artist. those library files are up for the taking, and honestly, there's some pretty good ones in there.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    He look like Telly from KIDS.

• dude sounded a little like he might have retardation.

Ha..my man is sounding like Telly/Leo Fitzpatrick

• He look like Telly from KIDS.

Wow, two Telly references about two different people.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    He's using the Neko which basically allows you to copy a sound and spread over the keys as if it were an instrument....prettty lame though that he has to resort to that kinda shit...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    What's relly worse......

Polow getting stuff off the computer

or

This kid actually thinking this song is "dope"

• My Apple computer

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    He's using the Neko which basically allows you to copy a sound and spread over the keys as if it were an instrument
    wow, you mean like any sampler produced in the last decade?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    "Here's my apple computer, MY MAC"....

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    praying for that endorsement money lol

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    He's using the Neko which basically allows you to copy a sound and spread over the keys as if it were an instrument
    wow, you mean like any sampler produced in the last decade?

If you sample a bass sound try to spread it over some keys you would never get the real tone/note variations.16 levels is nothing compared to a true realistic reprouction of octaves that you can get with that Neko keyboard.

• "Umbrella" was Garageband too right?
    Drums were anyway.
    Logic, actually.
    Vintage Funk 3 from Garage Band son!
    Well they're sister programs, so I could see it ending up on GB too.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    My Apple computer

One of my brothers mates always refers to his laptop as his APPLE MAC. All I can think of is -