What is up with Herb Bernstein's New Crusade?

ikonochirsikonochirs 1 Post
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I dug up a copy of this mind blower for a single $ and have always had a hard time finding info on it. I know it's dope and have read the linear notes but what else? I've heard it called "silly" on line but it's chalk full of breaks (with dual drummers none the less) and some very cool instrumentation. Value?What gives?Ikonochris

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I seen it once on the field in Japan... young E told me to grab it, glad i did... samples, breaks, tracks... it's DOPE...

i never heard anyone talk about it before either...

peace and welcome to the board...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    it is funny all these things are coming up. Stein's Millenium want i sold on eBay last week. i had the New Crusade record up in the same auction. no one sprung for it. i guess it is looked over. made me realize i dont want to sell it after all. it is an awesome record. just an awesome listen. however i will part with it for some nice trades....

yea dope record. copped mine at TSL for 40 bucks 2 years ago

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Herb Bernstein was a producer like David Axelrod who Metromedia threw a bone to. The album is great and I talked about it on here years ago when way less people were up on it. The drums are good, and I appreciate the tuba funk as well.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    just sold my copy. forgot to rip it prior to sale. anybody got mp3s of the album they can upp? some nice schitt on there... don't know why it has always flown under the radar

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Dude also played in the NBA! Cool record...I recently scooped a "Land of a 1000 Dances" 45...cool to have on a little one with a big hole...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Dude also played in the NBA! Cool record...I recently scooped a "Land of a 1000 Dances" 45...cool to have on a little one with a big hole...

AH! i was trying to figure out why this band sounded so familiar. i have that 45. "1000 dances" is definitely very nice. 3 or 4 breaks on that thing. great sound, too.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    anybody got mp3s of the album they can upp?

heres one side of the 45. its like Cheese meets Fire...so a tasty treat.

Phil you still need those mp3s? i will rip the record tonight.

I need the mp3s too, so please do it, even if Phil don't need it!!

b

I need the mp3s too, so please do it, even if Phil don't need it!!

b

deal

thanks in advance hommie!