Another drug testing thread... (NRR)

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I'm starting a new job in a week, and I smoke pot on many occassions. Too late to be legitimately clean, since it would take longer than two weeks to get the metabolised TCH out of my system.As far as I know, there is no upcoming drug test, but I tend towards pessimism and worrying. When I got my start date, I asked if there was anything I needed to do in the meantime. They said no. My job does not in any way involve public safety or the operation of heavy machinery.Still, some people have put ideas in my head, saying there would be no point in telling someone about a drug test, since I could take steps to possibly pass it. From a rational standpoint, I see no benefit for an employer to stop the hiring process for a position, only to have everything unravel on my first day.What I'm really interested to know is, for those who have taken drug tests for a job, how did it happen? Were they upfront about this pre-employment screening? Anyone ever get caught totally off-guard?Plaese to discuss. By the way, I live in California, and I have done some reading online about the legalities of drug tests. It seems that in this state, a pre-employment drug test must take place before a person actually starts the job.

Comments

• Options
    Sneak clean pee.

• Sneak clean pee.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    If you are starting in a week you should be able to flush out your system by the time you start. Try to drink a couple gallons of water per day for the next week. You'll be making plenty of trips to the bathroom but you shouldn't have a problem passing your test. Water is really the only thing that will clean our your system. I've heard people recommend taking some multivitamins the day of the test also so that the urine sample has some color also.

• http://www.whizzinator.com/whiz2.htm

you can even buy the pee

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Forget all that fake piss and subtitutes. If your boss considered you trust worthy enough to get in, you don't have to worry about anything. This is the weed state. A boss would have to be a real naive, tight ass conservative to think that none of his employees smoke and those who do must be lazy idiots. I think employers care more about addicts of hard drugs, people that drink on the job and cig smokers taking unneeded breaks more than they do about off-duty smokers. If he surprises you, then refuse based on principle. If he says your job depends on it, raise a reasonable amount of hell. After all, what kind of heartless douche would fire a good worker with THC in his/her piss, especially in this lousy enconomy where everyone is hurting? If push comes to shove, piss dirty (tell the truth. "Hey, at least I don't do anything worse!") or watered down ("I drink a lot of water. Deal. And no you can't test me again")

By the way, an employer can fire and hire anybody he wants
    at any time. The law and Constitution - outside of the usual such as sexual harassment and racial discrimination - doesn't apply

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Counter-example: a friend of mine landed a job with a major daily newspaper. They warned her that her hire would be contingent on passing a drug test and she was concerned because she tokes on the semi-reg. I think she tried to flush it out in the days leading up (not clear what her detox routine was) but the test came out "inconclusive" (vs. "negative") which, by their standards, was the same as "positive."

Conclusion? She didn't get the job.

REAL SHIT.

And keep in mind...this was to be an editor. No heavy lifted or machinery involved. I don't even know why a newspaper is drug testing but whatever - she still lost what would have been a sweet post.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    http://www.test-pure.com/

Most employers will have you come in, fill out paper-work and request that you go to a testing facility located in the area. In the meantime, click the link.

I think it is ill-advised to say that California is a weed-friendly state in every industry.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    That story REEKS of Knight-Ridder yo.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Sneak clean pee.

Smart idea. Worked real well for Beanie Siegel....

False Urine Sample Lands Rap Star In Prison
    Sigel Back Behind Bars For Probation Violation

POSTED: 8:41 am EDT March 31, 2008
    PHILADELPHIA -- Rapper Beanie Sigel is back in prison.

A federal judge in Philadelphia sentenced Sigel to three months in prison Friday after authorities said he gave a false urine sample to probation officials.

Officials also said the rapper tested positive five times this month for Xanax and Percocet.

In 2004, U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick sentenced Sigel to a year in prison and two years of supervised release after Sigel pleaded guilty to weapons and drug charges.

He was acquitted in September 2005 of attempted-murder charges in connection with a shooting.

Sigel, whose real name is Dwight Grant, was already serving a six-month term in a halfway house for having previously violated supervised release.

Sigel told the judge he was an addict and had a relapse when he was sent to the halfway house.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    First off is that even legal?? since when are they allowed asking for blood or urine tests for a job application????!
    Second of all,try drinking massive amounts of cranberry juice.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    OST: Not an application. A "condition for hiring." Think of it as a probationary period component. Doesn't make much sense to me but I think it's perfectly legal.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    First off is that even legal?? since when are they allowed asking for blood or urine tests for a job application????!

you sound young and foreign.

• unityunity 179 Posts

cranberry juice:
    it will cleanse your body, but only through plenty of diarrhea. TRUE STORY

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

you sound young and foreign.
    23 years old and Argentinian so I guess you're right.
    But, it just seems to me like it would be considered as a civil rights violation. I can understand it in the context of someone working in a restaurant to avoid contamination of food under certain circumstances but otherwise I don't know.

Unity -> that's the first time I've ever heard of that diarrhea ish and it's the kind of info I would rather not hear of...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    If youre gonna be driving a forklift or some big machinery (school bus, truck driver, small bus, public transit) I see no prob with a drug test.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    The fail safe way to pass an EMPLOYMENT piss test is to smuggle it in. Now for probation tests they are in the room with you so dont try this. But for pre-screen employment tests your by yourself to handle your own biz. It would violate your privacy to have someone watching for that type of test. The detoxing method might work, but as oliver said if its diluted too much you will fail. Also its not guaranteed. And i dunno if you ever drank some redi clean with a gallon of water. You get bloated and feel like complete shit for the whole day. Just one thing, if you do take a detox supplement. Make sure to drink at least 5 big glasses of water and pee multiple times, more then 5, before the test to make sure its cool. Catch your pee midstream also. Dont shit or you might lose the detox. Shits a big hassle.

Its pretty easy to smuggle pee in. Most important thing is to make sure the pee is at a real body temp, 96-98 range or you will fail. No person pisses at 60 degrees unless your a corpse. Best way to do this is to cop two pairs of tighty whiteys and tuck that shit where your scrot meets your leg for at least an hour to get it up to temp. With the tighty whiteys it holds it nice in place and you can walk around and sit without being uncomfortable. The way i roll ,is to have a friend give me a few samples and i froze them asap. Then when its test time, random or whatever, you can defrost them by putting it in a glass of very hot water till it gets real warm. Like 100 degrees. Then tuck it under your nuts for like an hour till it comes down to normal body temp.

If your going to try subbing urine, practice what you need to do mad times before the test. Get that shit down so when its test time it goes smooth. Travel shampoo (2oz) bottles work the best. Also as crazy as it sounds male or female urine works (even preg) urine. All they are allowed to test for is active metabolites for illegal drugs. I think its like a 7 panel test. So it would violate your privacy if they ran any other invasive tests.

this website goes over in great detail on how to smuggle urine. there is also a dilution post if there if you want to go that route.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/drug-testing/1146-substitution-tips-tricks-guidelines.html

I know i should get a blog, but I was on the employment quest a while ago and smoked while i was on the hunt. Did my homework and hands down this is the best way to go.

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    I seriously know 2, count 'em 2, heads who've passed piss tests with those drinks you can buy at head shops.

One was my ex-girl, and the other homie lived right down the street. Both people I smoked with on a regular basis. No lie.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Forget all that fake piss and subtitutes. If your boss considered you trust worthy enough to get in, you don't have to worry about anything. B>This is the weed state.[/b] A boss would have to be a real naive, tight ass conservative to think that none of his employees smoke and those who do must be lazy idiots. I think employers care more about addicts of hard drugs, people that drink on the job and cig smokers taking unneeded breaks more than they do about off-duty smokers. B>If he surprises you, then refuse based on principle[/b]. If he says your job depends on it, raise a reasonable amount of hell. B>After all, what kind of heartless douche would fire a good worker with THC in his/her piss[/b], especially in this lousy enconomy where everyone is hurting? If push comes to shove, B>piss dirty (tell the truth. "Hey, at least I don't do anything worse!"[/b]) or watered down ("I drink a lot of water. Deal. And no you can't test me again")

By the way, an employer can fire and hire anybody he wants
    at any time. The law and Constitution - outside of the usual such as sexual harassment and racial discrimination - doesn't apply

This has to be the worst drug test advice I have ever heard.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I'm starting a new job in a week, and I smoke pot on many occassions. Too late to be legitimately clean, since it would take longer than two weeks to get the metabolised TCH out of my system.

As far as I know, there is no upcoming drug test, but I tend towards pessimism and worrying. When I got my start date, I asked if there was anything I needed to do in the meantime. They said no. My job does not in any way involve public safety or the operation of heavy machinery.

Still, some people have put ideas in my head, saying there would be no point in telling someone about a drug test, since I could take steps to possibly pass it. From a rational standpoint, I see no benefit for an employer to stop the hiring process for a position, only to have everything unravel on my first day.

What I'm really interested to know is, for those who have taken drug tests for a job, how did it happen? Were they upfront about this pre-employment screening? Anyone ever get caught totally off-guard?

Plaese to discuss. By the way, I live in California, and I have done some reading online about the legalities of drug tests. It seems that in this state, a pre-employment drug test must take place before a person actually starts the job.

There is no way they are going to hire you and then give you a drug test right away. It costs the company way to much money to hire/train people to go with that mentality. Drug testing procedures usually follow one of the three scenarios below.

1) Drug test prior to being hired
    2) Random drug tests given to all employees (no way to really cheat this, they just pop in. unlikely)
    3) Drug test given in the case of accident (usually a requirement of their insurance)

I say have a plan worked out in case it happens, but the chances are HIGH (get it?) that you will recieve no drug test at all. I believe they have to disclose drug testing to you, do you have a copy of company policy or your contract?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    If you are starting in a week you should be able to flush out your system by the time you start. Try to drink a couple gallons of water per day for the next week. You'll be making plenty of trips to the bathroom but you shouldn't have a problem passing your test. Water is really the only thing that will clean our your system. I've heard people recommend taking some multivitamins the day of the test also so that the urine sample has some color also.

Yep. That worked for me. I worked for a company that got sold to the manufacturer and I found out a week and a half before the test that I had to take one. Lots of water, being active, and a multivitamin the day of worked for me. Then again, I wasn't a habitual smoker.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    they need to tell you in the interview if they intend to test you. don't trip, light one up!

my boy smokes heavily and somehow passed after drinking the stuff you get at head shops. and he smoked THAT MORNING! i tried to pass one once with that stuff after smoking the night before.... to an unhappy result. i have a lot more fat on my than my boy though. that was wack because they had me come in the office and start working without having the results. the ironic thing is that it was a company that does piss testing!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I haven't signed anything yet with the company. Next week, I'm going to fill out paperwork in the morning and and then supposedly begin working. And I always read the new hire documents carefully to see if I ever need to clean up my act.

The point is, they could have tested me already, or made the arrangements for a drug test when I got the offer a week ago. It doesn't really help anyone to wait two weeks while an employee finishes his previous job, then hit them with a surprise test the first day of a new job.

I think I'm probably clear, but I was wondering if the above scenario has ever happened to anyone, or just how/when pre-employment drug tests usually come up in the hiring process.

• I haven't signed anything yet with the company. Next week, I'm going to fill out paperwork in the morning and and then supposedly begin working. And I always read the new hire documents carefully to see if I ever need to clean up my act.

The point is, they could have tested me already, or made the arrangements for a drug test when I got the offer a week ago. It doesn't really help anyone to wait two weeks while an employee finishes his previous job, then hit them with a surprise test the first day of a new job.

I think I'm probably clear, but I was wondering if the above scenario has ever happened to anyone, or just how/when pre-employment drug tests usually come up in the hiring process.

oddly enough if you do the piss test high you pass everytime, real talk

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    damn im glad i live in aus and don't have to do this shit. I don't smoke or do drugs either but i'd have to think real hard about working for someone who didn't trust me enough to want to randomly drug test me. How widespread is drug testing in the states? they do it in schools as well?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    damn im glad i live in aus and don't have to do this shit. I don't smoke or do drugs either but i'd have to think real hard about working for someone who didn't trust me enough to want to randomly drug test me. How widespread is drug testing in the states? they do it in schools as well?

I think it's somewhat common for government jobs, but not too common overall. I agree it's invasive.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Sneak clean pee.

Note: Make sure to pick a sample from the same sex.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Sneak clean pee.

Note: Make sure to pick a sample from the same sex.

"You seem to be ovulating..."