Radiohead is selling stems!

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
And not the weed kind! I just got this email...All for $5.94To celebrate this week's single release (we still have those in England) Radiohead have broken up the song 'Nude' into pieces for you to remix.For those of you who enjoy this sort of thing, you can buy the separate components or 'stems' (bass, voice, guitar, strings/FX and drums) and remix your own version of the song. You can do this by adding your own beats and instrumentation or just remixing the original parts. More information here: http://www.radioheadremix.com/information/You can buy the stems here: http://www.radioheadremix.com/buy/ You can upload your finished mixes here http://www.radioheadremix.com and be judged and even voted on by 'the public'.You can also create a widget allowing votes from your own website, Facebook or MySpace page to be sent through too.Hope you enjoy it For those of you who aren't that way inclined, Nude is also available in its entirety on CD and 7 inch (UK release) at the usual retail outlets.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    stems??

what country is that slang from?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I can't belive you have to pay anything for this. Do I actaully get the rights to the music?

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I can't belive you have to pay anything for this. Do I actaully get the rights to the music?

Nope!

terms & conditions

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    stems??

what country is that slang from?

Pretty standard studio term, its the same as submixes where a bunch of different tracks are grouped and mixed down to a single stem, ie vocal stem is 5 vocal tracks mixed down a certain way with accompanying effects.

It allows easy tweaks later, without bringing up 20+ tracks and recalling the whole mix, you just have say 6 balanced stereo stems, and you can bring up guitars a bit without having to remember how you had the echo effects set or whatever...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

That's bullshit.

- spidey

If I upload the Stems, can this song be the latest Soulstrut Beat contest?? I'm sure somebody here could beat that godawful amplive version.

It's not that good of a song, but it'd be nice to hear someone do a proper remix of it.

- spidey

I'd like to hear Tommy, and Sixtoos versions personally. Let's see if the strut massive is down.

- spidey

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    you talking about me? Or another Tommy?

I've actually been wanting to do a soul strut beat contest. I don't think this post is the best place to announce it though. I doubt that many people are coming in here looking for the beat contest.

Dude, you're the official strut Tommy now man.

You're right, I'll start another thread about it if people are down.

I'm in, that's 3 votes.

- spidey

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Here you go Malus,

Get it poppin!

stems

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    sounds cool. id be in aswell