SOULSTRUT COMEDY GOLD

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121what can I say? among small-town high-schoolers on extended out-of-town road trips, trying to reinvent one's "look"--however ill-advisedly--is not uncommon [I'm sure you've at one time or another seen a group of non-local teens walking around somewhere and thought to yourself "Wow, that kid on the right clearly does [i]not
    /i1 wear that hat/scarf/monocle/etc. when he's in his hometown"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121And the hits just keep on coming. Somehow the idea of a suburban 16-year-old on a big city street, rocking a monocle like it's the epitome of cutting-edge fashion is straight-up .b,121b,121So, James, how'd it go with the punkette by the pinball mo-sheen? Hopefully you left the monocle in the hotel room...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121what can I say? among small-town high-schoolers on extended out-of-town road trips, trying to reinvent one's "look"--however ill-advisedly--is not uncommon [I'm sure you've at one time or another seen a group of non-local teens walking around somewhere and thought to yourself "Wow, that kid on the right clearly does
    i1not[/i] wear that hat/scarf/monocle/etc. when he's in his hometown"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121And the hits just keep on coming. Somehow the idea of a suburban 16-year-old on a big city street, rocking a monocle like it's the epitome of cutting-edge fashion is straight-up
    .b,121b,121So, James, how'd it go with the punkette by the pinball mo-sheen? Hopefully you left the monocle in the hotel room... b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I know you've seen these kids, too, pickwick--Hyde Park is lousy with 'em over summer when U of C starts hosting all those soccer camps and math camps and Hegelian-theory camps and whatnot: gaggles of suburban teens who are away from home for the first time and decide to take this whoppertunity to, you know, "experiment" with their outward identity. "I'm dull and bookish at home, but you know what? I'm going someplace where no one's gonna know me from a can of paint, so fi1[/i]uck it, I'm gonna recast myself as someone less ordinary; I will signal this by wearing an odd hat the whole time I'm here, affecting an accent, going by my middle name, writing cryptic things on my jeans, and/or dying my hair in a garish but non-permanent manner." b,121b,121So, you'll see these clots of visiting summer youth walking too-many abreast on the sidewalk or taking too long to order, and most of them will be kinda horsey and typically teenaged, but there's always that one guy or girl who's sorta scheming at the margins of the group, trying to hit that balance where they're visually interesting enough to be recognized as "a character," but not so much so that they get marked by the observant as the pretenders they are. They'll be the ones who are wearing something unusual that they keep tugging at and adjusting, something that they are clearly not--as my man says--"wearing on the inside." b,121b,121(And please know that I say all of this as a Fellow Traveler, as someone very dull and very bookish who perpetrated behavior very much like the above in my own youth.)b,121b,121And although my look at the time of this particular story did not involve a monocle (I mean, I had my affectations, for sure, but I didn't have it like i1that[/i]), and my game at the time of this particular story certainly did not involve hotel rooms (I was, like, fifteen, and i1really[/i] didn't have it like i1that[/i]), things with the punkette went fine. b,121b,121The fact that I've actually talked to girls next to pinball machines is making me feel old as fi1[/i]uck right now.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    cant find bad_santa_pinball_girl.jpg screenshot on GIS

10/17/08b,121b,121Behemoth:[/b]b,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121i just saw this online. He is suing Cypress Hill 15 yrs later for the use of "Is It Because I'm Black"b,121b,121for real? i thought it was common knowledge in our circles that they have done that. and with Cypress being so huge how did Syl not know?b,121b,121or is he broke now? b,121b,121h,121b,121b,121Gary, The Breakbeat Banjo Man: [/b]b,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Is It Because I'm Broke b,121b,121h,121

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I finally made it!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    a href="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1213415&an=0&page=0#Post1213415" target="_blank"1especially faux and controller7's contributions/a1 b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" /1

Resident Giant, 2/10/08b,121b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Man, my supervisor told me she went to see (Gamble & Huff) talk the other week, (she always gets invited to stuff like this because she "used to work in the music industry") except she had no idea who they were or any of the songs they were talking about. b, 21"These 2 old black guys who wrote all these soul songs... Smith & Wesson or something??" b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121what can I say? among small-town high-schoolers on extended out-of-town road trips, trying to reinvent one's "look"--however ill-advisedly--is not uncommon [I'm sure you've at one time or another seen a group of non-local teens walking around somewhere and thought to yourself "Wow, that kid on the right clearly does not wear that hat/scarf/monocle/etc. when he's in his hometown"b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21And the hits just keep on coming. Somehow the idea of a suburban 16-year-old on a big city street, rocking a monocle like it's the epitome of cutting-edge fashion is straight-up img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" /1.b,121b, 21So, James, how'd it go with the punkette by the pinball mo-sheen? Hopefully you left the monocle in the hotel room... b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21I know you've seen these kids, too, pickwick--Hyde Park is lousy with 'em over summer when U of C starts hosting all those soccer camps and math camps and Hegelian-theory camps and whatnot: gaggles of suburban teens who are away from home for the first time and decide to take this whoppertunity to, you know, "experiment" with their outward identity. "I'm dull and bookish at home, but you know what? I'm going someplace where no one's gonna know me from a can of paint, so fuck it, I'm gonna recast myself as someone less ordinary; I will signal this by wearing an odd hat the whole time I'm here, affecting an accent, going by my middle name, writing cryptic things on my jeans, and/or dying my hair in a garish but non-permanent manner." b,121b, 21So, you'll see these clots of visiting summer youth walking too-many abreast on the sidewalk or taking too long to order, and most of them will be kinda horsey and typically teenaged, but there's always that one guy or girl who's sorta scheming at the margins of the group, trying to hit that balance where they're visually interesting enough to be recognized as "a character," but not so much so that they get marked by the observant as the pretenders they are. They'll be the ones who are wearing something unusual that they keep tugging at and adjusting, something that they are clearly not--as my man says--"wearing on the inside." b,121b, 21(And please know that I say all of this as a Fellow Traveler, as someone very dull and very bookish who perpetrated behavior very much like the above in my own youth.)b,121b, 21And although my look at the time of this particular story did not involve a monocle (I mean, I had my affectations, for sure, but I didn't have it like that), and my game at the time of this particular story certainly did not involve hotel rooms (I was, like, fifteen, and really didn't have it like that), things with the punkette went fine. b,121b, 21The fact that I've actually talked to girls next to pinball machines is making me feel old as fuck right now. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21amazing.

• 11/05/08

So now that Obama has been elected, what is different?

What sort of changes are you expecting?

The president shouldNOT make u -
    Do your homework
    Wash yo ass[/b]
    Conserve Energy
    put in community work
    communicate w/ your partner
    exercise
    modify your diet
    read a book
    wash yo ass[/b]
    get a check up
    treat your neighbor better
    recycle
    wash yo ass[/b]
    help your kids w/ their homework
    consume less
    get rid of christmas/halloween decorations 3 days after
    give your set to the elderly

The real Change happens at home.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21what can I say? among small-town high-schoolers on extended out-of-town road trips, trying to reinvent one's "look"--however ill-advisedly--is not uncommon [I'm sure you've at one time or another seen a group of non-local teens walking around somewhere and thought to yourself "Wow, that kid on the right clearly does not wear that hat/scarf/monocle/etc. when he's in his hometown"b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21And the hits just keep on coming. Somehow the idea of a suburban 16-year-old on a big city street, rocking a monocle like it's the epitome of cutting-edge fashion is straight-up img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" 21.b, 21b, 21So, James, how'd it go with the punkette by the pinball mo-sheen? Hopefully you left the monocle in the hotel room... b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I know you've seen these kids, too, pickwick--Hyde Park is lousy with 'em over summer when U of C starts hosting all those soccer camps and math camps and Hegelian-theory camps and whatnot: gaggles of suburban teens who are away from home for the first time and decide to take this whoppertunity to, you know, "experiment" with their outward identity. "I'm dull and bookish at home, but you know what? I'm going someplace where no one's gonna know me from a can of paint, so fuck it, I'm gonna recast myself as someone less ordinary; I will signal this by wearing an odd hat the whole time I'm here, affecting an accent, going by my middle name, writing cryptic things on my jeans, and/or dying my hair in a garish but non-permanent manner." b, 21b, 21So, you'll see these clots of visiting summer youth walking too-many abreast on the sidewalk or taking too long to order, and most of them will be kinda horsey and typically teenaged, but there's always that one guy or girl who's sorta scheming at the margins of the group, trying to hit that balance where they're visually interesting enough to be recognized as "a character," but not so much so that they get marked by the observant as the pretenders they are. They'll be the ones who are wearing something unusual that they keep tugging at and adjusting, something that they are clearly not--as my man says--"wearing on the inside." b, 21b, 21(And please know that I say all of this as a Fellow Traveler, as someone very dull and very bookish who perpetrated behavior very much like the above in my own youth.)b, 21b, 21And although my look at the time of this particular story did not involve a monocle (I mean, I had my affectations, for sure, but I didn't have it like i1that[/i]), and my game at the time of this particular story certainly did not involve hotel rooms (I was, like, fifteen, and i1really[/i] didn't have it like i1that[/i]), things with the punkette went fine. b, 21b, 21The fact that I've actually talked to girls next to pinball machines is making me feel old as fuck right now. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21amazing. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Facemelt post.b, 21b, 21this post is amazing on levels we are yet to comprehend.b, 21b, 21i am in awe.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21what can I say? among small-town high-schoolers on extended out-of-town road trips, trying to reinvent one's "look"--however ill-advisedly--is not uncommon [I'm sure you've at one time or another seen a group of non-local teens walking around somewhere and thought to yourself "Wow, that kid on the right clearly does not wear that hat/scarf/monocle/etc. when he's in his hometown"b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21And the hits just keep on coming. Somehow the idea of a suburban 16-year-old on a big city street, rocking a monocle like it's the epitome of cutting-edge fashion is straight-up img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sscg.gif" alt="" 21.b, 21b, 21So, James, how'd it go with the punkette by the pinball mo-sheen? Hopefully you left the monocle in the hotel room... b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I know you've seen these kids, too, pickwick--Hyde Park is lousy with 'em over summer when U of C starts hosting all those soccer camps and math camps and Hegelian-theory camps and whatnot: gaggles of suburban teens who are away from home for the first time and decide to take this whoppertunity to, you know, "experiment" with their outward identity. "I'm dull and bookish at home, but you know what? I'm going someplace where no one's gonna know me from a can of paint, so fuck it, I'm gonna recast myself as someone less ordinary; I will signal this by wearing an odd hat the whole time I'm here, affecting an accent, going by my middle name, writing cryptic things on my jeans, and/or dying my hair in a garish but non-permanent manner." b, 21b, 21So, you'll see these clots of visiting summer youth walking too-many abreast on the sidewalk or taking too long to order, and most of them will be kinda horsey and typically teenaged, but there's always that one guy or girl who's sorta scheming at the margins of the group, trying to hit that balance where they're visually interesting enough to be recognized as "a character," but not so much so that they get marked by the observant as the pretenders they are. They'll be the ones who are wearing something unusual that they keep tugging at and adjusting, something that they are clearly not--as my man says--"wearing on the inside." b, 21b, 21(And please know that I say all of this as a Fellow Traveler, as someone very dull and very bookish who perpetrated behavior very much like the above in my own youth.)b, 21b, 21And although my look at the time of this particular story did not involve a monocle (I mean, I had my affectations, for sure, but I didn't have it like i1that[/i]), and my game at the time of this particular story certainly did not involve hotel rooms (I was, like, fifteen, and i1really[/i] didn't have it like i1that[/i]), things with the punkette went fine. b, 21b, 21The fact that I've actually talked to girls next to pinball machines is making me feel old as fuck right now. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21amazing. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Facemelt post.b, 21b, 21this post is amazing on levels we are yet to comprehend.b, 21b, 21i am in awe. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Even when James plays it straight, he can be humorous (and vice versa). And you REALLY gotta give it up for his storytelling skills (best heard in person over a table of hot steaming Indian food, although just as incredible read from a computer)...

• 11/10/08b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Petals is one of the most boring new age albums ever. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Making it perfect for bed time music. I don't need no quirky boner moves around this time. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• 11/10/08b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21when I'm 65, I can't wait--I repeat, CAN'T WAIT--to hand over the reigns to the next generation. Ain't' gonna be no 'you ain't ready', 'you need to do it like so and so' or whatever. It's gonna be "Here, it's yours. Bye." There's a time to learn, a time apply what you learn and a time to reflect. Those phases overlap, to some extent, but they are essentially linear and no one is exempt--unless you are retarded. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21clots/b1b, 21b, 21h, 21

• Where's the Puto Bong Bong thread? That was hysterical.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Rapedonkeysb, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 the Virgins give me painb, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Really? Not a fan of the pop rock? Please elaborate. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21the levels of canning, repackaging, swallowing whole, regurgitating, and licking off the floor are a little too much for me to handle. it's the musical equivalent of collecting the swill at the bottom of a night's worth of beer bottles and drinking it warm out of a catheter. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21We need to print this on t-shirts and give them away at SXSW... b, 21b, 21h, 21

• haha! the bong bong! i have insider information that some of those sikktacular rimes were ghostwritten by some hazy bac-o-bits. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21

• From a thread about the KKK, 7-25-08: b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21are we talking about those white boys with hoods hollering WhitePower or is this some other shit KKK? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21They are talking about the nice KKK that loves all children and rescues kitties from trees, not the mean one, silly. b, 21b, 21h, 21

• 2/3/05 b, 21 b, 21Re: artist who have the nerve to have a "best of.." cdb, 21b, 21DenmarkVZ said:b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21dude, nirvana's got a damn boxed set and they only had 3 lps. b, 21b, 21blame the sorry assed industry for this shit. b, 21b, 21not the bands. b, 21b, 21don't even me started on "The Very Best of the Sweat off Jeff Buckley's Nuts Vol. 3" b, 21b, 21h, 21

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21From a thread about the KKK, 7-25-08: b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21are we talking about those white boys with hoods hollering WhitePower or is this some other shit KKK? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21They are talking about the nice KKK that loves all children and rescues kitties from trees, not the mean one, silly. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21was that me?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21From a thread about the KKK, 7-25-08: b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21are we talking about those white boys with hoods hollering WhitePower or is this some other shit KKK? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21They are talking about the nice KKK that loves all children and rescues kitties from trees, not the mean one, silly. b, 21b, 21h, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21was that me? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21The second comment, yes.

• 8/11/07, and the subject was UK rare-groove DJ Gilles Peterson:b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21CAN THE DUDE MAKE A COMP WITHOUT PUTTING HIS MUPPETY MUG ON THE COVER? b, 21b, 21h, 21

• Verb606, 11/19/08b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21(I'd like to) enact a law stating that no Christmas music recorded after 1979 may be played in any public place. If you want the Carrie Underwood Christmas album, keep that shit at your house.b, 21b, 21h, 21

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 212/3/05 b, 21 b, 21Re: artist who have the nerve to have a "best of.." cdb, 21b, 21DenmarkVZ said:b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21dude, nirvana's got a damn boxed set and they only had 3 lps. b, 21b, 21blame the sorry assed industry for this shit. b, 21b, 21not the bands. b, 21b, 21don't even me started on "The Very Best of the Sweat off Jeff Buckley's Nuts Vol. 3" b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21diggin deep

• 11/21/08b, 21b, 21Izm707 talks about Kanye West:b, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21b, 21 Kanye ain't have shit to say that makes you press rewind. Who told him that a cowbell as a snare and a fart as a kick would carry a whole song??? b, 21b, 21h, 21

• 12/21/05b, 21b, 21Luck talks about Syl Johnson's daughter, Syleena:b, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21 Holy shit.b, 21b, 21Her next album should be called "Chapter 4: Dresses Too Short" b, 21b, 21h, 21

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21what thread is this? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 = img src="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/media//7305.gif"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ss.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h, 21