Joe Bataan "Call My Name" LP

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I know wtf

How can you say shit about Kala

Well I like nude pics of any hot girl; I don't discriminate nor inject crypto-racist domination fantasies into it.

I was merely bringing knuckleheaded levity to an otherwise overserious music discussion.

That and I was in the mood for some nude pics.

That and it's April Fools day and you all need to chill.

That I'm gonna go get some coffee.

nice way to insure the dude never pops in to join on any discussion involving him, in the case that he googles his name and comes across this thread.

Hey, while you're at it...you wanna ask the same of the guys that are here that found this place that very same way? I'm sure Monty or Thes would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for you to disrespect their family like that. way to go champ.

huh? no one's disrepecting anyone here man. i'm pretty sure the one Mr. Bataan is none too concerned with pictures of his daughter on the interwebs, given that she herself is sorta famous.

but hey while you're on your high horse why don't you PM everyone in this thread that O-Dub started and let them know personally how you feel.

PS I happen to be in that thread talmbout how Bataan is prolly proud of his girl and would laugh at the over-intellectualizing BS some many strutters were on in there.

so yeah I'm not really concerned.

but just for good measure:

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I know wtf

How can you say shit about Kala

Well I like nude pics of any hot girl; I don't discriminate nor inject crypto-racist domination fantasies into it.

I was merely bringing knuckleheaded levity to an otherwise overserious music discussion.

That and I was in the mood for some nude pics.

That and it's April Fools day and you all need to chill.

That I'm gonna go get some coffee.

nice way to insure the dude never pops in to join on any discussion involving him, in the case that he googles his name and comes across this thread.

Hey, while you're at it...you wanna ask the same of the guys that are here that found this place that very same way? I'm sure Monty or Thes would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for you to disrespect their family like that. way to go champ.

huh? no one's disrepecting anyone here man. i'm pretty sure the one Mr. Bataan is none too concerned with pictures of his daughter on the interwebs, given that she herself is sorta famous.

but hey while you're on your high horse why don't you PM everyone in this thread that O-Dub started and let them know personally how you feel.

PS I happen to be in that thread talmbout how Bataan is prolly proud of his girl and would laugh at the over-intellectualizing BS some many strutters were on in there.

so yeah I'm not really concerned.

but just for good measure:

ok dude my apologies. keep on keepin on. but if you don't see the difference in your remarks and his, you got problems.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Daniel collas and sean marquand (brazillian beat) are a production duo...the Bataan record was one of the first things they did. Apparently Bataan was not easy to work with and really didn't want to return to doing funk at all. After that they did the uniao black record and this past summer they did music for the soundtrack to this brazillian doc about kidnappings in brazil. They have a record about to drop this year under the name phenominal handclap
    band... The record is so amazing. Its gonna be huge.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Root:

Dude, quit digging your hole deeper. It was a dumb ass comment - and frankly, surprisingly unlike you - just apologize and move on. Why you insisting on drawing a line in the sand on this?

BTW: I might be alone here but while I like parts of "Call my name" and am very happy that it helped resurrect Bataan's career, I don't find much of it particularly compelling.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Root:

Dude, quit digging your hole deeper. It was a dumb ass comment - and frankly, surprisingly unlike you - just apologize and move on. Why you insisting on drawing a line in the sand on this?

yeah I know. I shoulda done a private mindgarden google image search, copped a twix and went back to work. generally speaking my tendency to say needlessly provocative things and engage in stupid strut arguments is inversely proportional to how engaging my work is on any given day. needless to say today was not an exciting day in ye olde office. (and I'm. still. Frickin'. here.)

Dude, where do you work again? And what do you do?