First and Latest gigs you attended

2»

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    My first show was Andrea Sagovia 1969 at DAR Constitution Hall in DC. It was transcendent. I had just gotten a guitar. Went with my dad.

First rock concert (a lot of rock in this thread) was Spirit opening for BB King at American University in 1970. It was a free show. Was supposed to start at 8 but didn't start till 10. My dad was picking us up at midnight, so we only saw Spirit. Giant tom tom drum solo! (all times are approximate as best I can remember.)

Latest show was Pink Martini at the Shnitz. Great show and it started on time.

you saw segovia. As your first concert.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    latest gig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

^^^ I must say it was SIC NU WICCED FIRE BRAEKS RAER!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    First gig: ABBA Paramount Theatre 1979. Sang in a UNICEF kids choir with the band then watched last half of the show by the mixing board. Killer.

Last: Greyboy Allstars, this past Friday, not my idea but wanted to see some friends who I hadn't seen in a while.

• First: Color Me Bad at Great America sometime in the 90's (duh!)
    Last: Black Betty, Friday Night in BKLYN TEH PLANET

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    First: Color Me Bad at Great America sometime in the 90's (duh!)

Considering that they're has-beens these days, an amusement park like Great America is where I'd expect to see Color Me Badd TODAY!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    First: Dutch Swing College Band

Last: I'm a part time sound guy

First:

Short Stuff/Willie Dixon, August 1979. I was twelve years old, went with my father. It was an outdoor festival by the Chicago lakefront that they used to have every summer. Willie Dixon, the Chess Records bassist/singer/songwriter/producer, brought the house down. The opening act, Short Stuff, was a blues band from nearby Wisconsin.

Last:

Eddy Clearwater/Little Arthur Duncan, March 2008. Even though I've seen (and met) these blues legends several times before, the weather was starting to get warmer this past weekend and I wanted another excuse to get out of the house. They sounded good as usual, and Clearwater has a new album out...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    First - Sting on the Dream Of The Blue Turtles tour at Jones Beach.

Last (I think) - Blowfly at Southpaw a couple of years ago. My kids definitely get in the way of getting out to live shows these days.

• First - Weezer and a bunch of openings acts I barely cared for (and a few I actively disliked), 2002

Last - technically, it was a locals only show of bands doing Nirvana covers that was incredibly fun. Last touring show was Spectrum (Sonic Boom and other guy doing spoken word shit over delay effects. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

next - Stars of the Lid this month!

• First: Color Me Bad at Great America sometime in the 90's (duh!)

Considering that they're has-beens these days, an amusement park like Great America is where I'd expect to see Color Me Badd TODAY!

Ha, I guess so. Basically this was during the summertime and me and my brother where friends with this other pair of siblings (one boy and one girl). The girl was dying to catch "C.M.B.!" but soon forgot about them when she discovered that "M.M.C.!" was opening.

First: Color Me Bad at Great America sometime in the 90's (duh!)

Ha, I guess so. Basically this was during the summertime and me and my brother where friends with this other pair of siblings (one boy and one girl). The girl was dying to catch "C.M.B.!" but soon forgot about them when she discovered that "M.M.C.!" was opening.

Mickey Mouse Club, I take it?

• yup, and I think it was during the Justin, Britney, & Christina era

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Now that I've read some other posts here I'm not as embarrassed about sharing this, but...

First show: Ozzy Osbourne with Faster Pussycat and Ugly Kid Joe. It was the first "retirement" tour so it was like 1995 or 1996. At the World Theater, now known as the Tweeter Center in beautiful Tinley Park, IL

Last show: I can't even remember. I think it was a show by a Led Zeppelin tribute band led by this guy my wife used to work with. He's also the singer for Yakuza.

I never go to shows. My wife and I are so lazy nowadays, and we don't even have kids. I shudder to think how we'll get when a little one comes along.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    first: Iron Maiden with Anthrax opening - Cow Palace in 1991.

I was in sixth grade. It was a very big deal to me. I was terrified of "the pit." It was around the time of the first gulf war and Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian came out with a gigantic, like 8 foot tall, muppet material dildo and made comments about shoving it up Sadam's ass.

last: Rick Astley - some impromptu one song performance at a basketball game I was at.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    first: Iron Maiden with Anthrax opening - Cow Palace in 1991.

last: Rick Astley - some impromptu one song performance at a basketball game I was at.

• Pops tells me Jean-Luc Ponty at age 3 was my first. Nashville.

The first I recall is Rick Springfield and Corey Hart at Hirsch Colisseum in Shreveport.

Last one (and first in a long while) was Darondo during SXSW.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    First would be Guns n Roses with Metallica circa 91 or 92.

Last would be Joe Bataan in Barcelona last month.

• first: Prefuse 73

last: Xiuxiu

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    first: Prefuse 73

I am loving how this thread is revealing the ages of these strutters.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    first: one of my dads when he was still playing, probably around 94-95?

latest: brother ali last night at the Abbey Pub.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Jean-Luc Ponty was my first.

JLR IS MAD JELLY.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I'm surprised how no one is saying, The Grateful Dead with my parents when I was 2yo. I remember selling braided anklets in the parking lot and asking for a miracle.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I'm surprised how no one is saying, The Grateful Dead with my parents when I was 2yo. I remember selling braided anklets in the parking lot and asking for a miracle.

Oops... yup, that would be me. 1988 ish (I was 8, not 2) - Grant Park, Chicago.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    First: The Eagles and Andrew Gold

I'll wager Andrew Gold can do a killer 20 minutes
    Such good hits in that little run on Slip Away/Lonely Boy/Thank You for Being a Friend

And then he'd tear out a killer guitar solo! Seriously, check him shredding in this video... And damn, Linda Ronstadt was hot back in the day. That baby doll dress is

• First gig: Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" tour
    Latest gig: free ticket to Gabriele Y Rodriegez (which was good for about 20mins)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    First: Probably seeing some shitty one man band type of thing at Knotts Berry Farm or something at age 7 or 8

Latest: Charles Lloyd at the Catalina Jazz Bar and Grill on Saturday, who is backed up by my stepsister's boyfriend on the bass