Goodbye Chicago Milwaukee

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Well, I'm just about ready to hit the plane and fly back to good ol Berkeley, CA.Just like to give a shout out to all the Strutters I met and hung out with. The Midwest is always so hospitable. 1st up, Chicago peeps:dCastillo and friend GaryJamesJRootThanx for the lunch company. James hope you get some rest with the new baby. Jeremy, just wait, you too shall know the PAIN and joy of babies!Milwaukee, stand up!HankScorpio tore through in his work clothes and while on the clock to greet me at Lotus Land.Big Stacks and I went through Lotus Land and more.Tom/Lotusland, you don't know the utter PAIN PAIN I SAY!!!! I was feeling while driving home. The records, the records I coulda had!!! Tom was nice enough to let Big Stacks and I back to his private office to go through the goodies, but I unfortunately, I only had about 20 minutes before I had to go back to Chicago and only walked away with 2 measly records. Anyway, it was a great trip and nice to meet Strutters like usual.

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Motown,

It was nice meeting you yesterday. You are most definitely good people and a knowledgeable record scholar (and in general). I'll definitely look you up when I'm out in your area (perhaps a research conference site in San Fran or Oaktown, or is that too far away?). A fair share of the LPs I found yesterday were from Tom's "office of heat". I'll think about ya while I'm tearing through there from time to time. I'm sure you have Yay-area spots that I'd drool over too. I wish you and the fam safe travel back home.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    it's always cool to hang when you're in town.
    sorry I couldn't play today, as I'm on the daily grind.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Always a pleasure to catch up with you, dude. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer, but you know how it goes. Next time.

Anyway, hope this finds you and your granddad on the far side of a safe trip home. Persuant to our conversation, once I get enough good records to fill some aluminum, I'll hit you up for that address.

• What Up Motown,

It was nice to hang out Monday with what little time I had! I'm glad I was able to finally meet some fellow Strutters. Have a great trip back!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    always a pleasure to meet cool veteran strutminsters. especially when they are dropping loot in your store!! j/k

maybe we'll see each other once i get out to the fresh coast. i'll make some oakland/sf runs.

ta

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    always a pleasure to meet cool veteran strutminsters. especially when they are dropping loot in your store!! j/k

maybe we'll see each other once i get out to the fresh coast. i'll make some oakland/sf runs.

ta

T,

you do not EVEEEEEN know how much it hurt to leave your place without having the pleasure of listening to stuff. I would've broke the bank buying stuff if i just had the TIME!