Montreal...what's good?

meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I'm gonna be in Montreal from Friday - Monday for the Reggae Festival. I'll be at the festival most of the time, but I am gonna try and squeeze some time in for diggin, eating, drinking, and partying. I'll be staying in the old city near the water.thanks in advance!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Montreal = INSANELY GOOD!!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Montreal is good.

Corner french fries spots are good.

the botanical garden is good.

the annual film festival over labor day is good.

the architecture is good.

long walks through the city are good.

telepathy with danno3000 is not only good but genius.

record shops are only ok.

but montreal is good.

• yeah, I was there last year (for the same festival) and had a crazy good time. I just didn;t really know what to do with myself every night, when the festival was over, except wander around drunkenly.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I will be there as well for the same event. Sugar Minott and John Holt! Hurrah!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I will be there as well for the same event. Sugar Minott and John Holt! Hurrah!

Does the sugar show require a ticket purchase???

• can't wait! Last year was nuts (Morgan Heritage, Half Pint, etc) lineup looks even better this year (Snow?! wtf?)

• I will be there as well for the same event. Sugar Minott and John Holt! Hurrah!

Does the sugar show require a ticket purchase???

yes. go here: www.montrealreggaefestival.com

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i was there this past weekend with maw belle.

what a beautiful city! i very much want to move there.

even had a little time to visit le pickup and cop a few things.

gotta be the greatest canadian city other than medicine hat!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Other than Fredericton, you mean, which is where I'll be this weekend.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

yeah, if you hit the same 3 spots on St. Denis everyone else hits... do some legwork and you'll find some SICK scores up there, especially with the exchange rate... last time i was there, i got this for cheap...

everyone NEEDS this record:

oh, and if you eat meat you gotta eat at Schwartz's...

if you like Barrabas, you need this LP , which is pretty common up there..(the US issue has a shitty disco remix with the kick drum WAY too high in the mix)

oh, and i fully admit you can score better in Quebec City, but there's less stores there, you MUST speak french to get around there, and it's far...

• Options

Other than Fredericton, you mean, which is where I'll be this weekend.

Dan, , my friend Natalie will also be there this weekend - I should set you up. SHe'll also be attending UNB this year. Do you know where you're staying?

Also, might be attending Montreal (and spinnning at a couple after-hours) this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Kevin.

yeah, if you hit the same 3 spots on St. Denis everyone else hits... do some legwork and you'll find some SICK scores up there, especially with the exchange rate... last time i was there, i got this for cheap...

and EVERYONE needs this record:

Dear Mr. Gunn,
    This is very frustrating. Please fix the problem. I cannot see what amazing things you scored dans la belle province.

Merci Beaucoup,
    Mlle Bassie

Also, might be attending Montreal (and spinnning at a couple after-hours) this weekend. Will keep you posted.

Kevin.

uh-oh.

IronWill is going, too.
    Montreal will never be the same.

• Options
    Why when ou say that do I instantly zoom to a back alley somwhere with bad balance and a sore stomach from giggling?

K.

• Options
    IronWill is going, too.

Montreal will never be the same.

I think I might leave my liver in Scarborough....or Montreal.

Chuck Boom is going, too.

K.

Why when ou say that do I instantly zoom to a back alley somwhere with bad balance and a sore stomach from giggling?

K.

LOL!
    Well, that's one image...are you coming on your own?

• Options
    Why do you see lots of smoke and a band playing April Wine? A gay begian man having a coke/hissy fit in a basement of Dundas? What?

K.

and EVERYONE needs this record:

Dear Mr. Gunn,
    This is very frustrating. Please fix the problem. I cannot see what amazing things you scored dans la belle province.

Merci Beaucoup,
    Mlle Bassie

ignore this.

Why do you see lots of smoke and a band playing April Wine? A gay man from of begian descent have a coke/hissy fit in a basement of Dundas? What?

K.

I see me putting D in a headlock, J telling N to go to him so he can slap her ass (this happened in my kitchen) and much dancing, good times and general frivolity. While April Wine's first couple of albums are quite good, I'm not looking for it this weekend!