Blowed in Austin

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Just happened to see a flyer over the weekend that mentioned that Ellay Khule aka Rifleman would be at Flamingo Cantina Wednesday night. So last night, I went to check him out. On one hand it was a grizzly scene...almost all lil crusty dudes, some wearing flip-flops, openly dreaming their granola space rap fantasies. On the other hand, Khule got flown out along with a guarantee...and he was definitely moving merchandise by way of his cd and t-shirt table. Back to the first hand...Khule, Pterradacto, and OtherWize were for the most part freestyling in front of a stoner jazz-funk band from Denton. Pterra is reluctant to admit it, but he has moved to Denton from LA and apparently dudes nowadays who look like Phish-heads take to playing saxophone behind real deal mc's. But on the other hand, the bass player was jamming and Khule is still very much sharp as ever on the mic. Over the years, believe me...I've seen far too many rappers endlessly noodling with their flow in front of what seems to be that same tepid acid jazz outfit you saw on your summer visit to Frisco in '93. But despite all of that, Khule was extremely entertaining last night with his variance of styles, interaction with the crowd, his jokes, and his ability to compose entire songs on the fly. I told dude that he needs to make friends with some other dudes in town...I'd go nuts over the mere prospect of Khule and Gerald G trading flows on a stage together. And the nerf-hoppers are miraculously bringing Khule back to town 3 more times within the next few weeks. Hmmmm....Anyway, plaese to take it how you want it.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i was in austin around 01 i think and went to a khule show and it happened to be one of the most hype shows i ever seen
    i saw him here in el paso again in like 05 and he was pretty good then too

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I've seen far too many rappers endlessly noodling with their flow in front of what seems to be that same tepid acid jazz outfit you saw on your summer visit to Frisco in '93.

I have said it before and will say it again: don't ever come to Cali. you weren't welcome in '93 and you're not welcome now.

the Bay owned you in '93. you a bitch.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've seen far too many rappers endlessly noodling with their flow in front of what seems to be that same tepid acid jazz outfit you saw on your summer visit to Frisco in '93.

I have said it before and will say it again: don't ever come to Cali. you weren't welcome in '93 and you're not welcome now.

the Bay owned you in '93. you a bitch.

You're mad at that?

Plus, you have to ante up something fierce before a lower man on the Cali totem pole like you could attempt to cry me away from the state forever.

your girl got low on my pole.

now go home and get your flip flop shine box hippie.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    your girl got low on my pole.

now go home and get your flip flop shine box hippie.

Who anywhere close to touching the streets of Cali can and is willing to vouch for you?

You have no stripes and you have no cred.

But just keep barking over there lil doggie.

close to touching the streets of Cali

LOL! new location; thanks lil guy!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    this is the saddest exchange I've seen in a while...hahaha

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    this is the saddest exchange I've seen in a while...hahaha

I heard Chad and Shied were the streets' no. 1 and no. 2 draft picks, respectively.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    I'm just pissed they cancelled the flick about the Blowed in Phoenix tomorrow night.