**Bringing Visors Back - STRUT SURVEY**

cascas 1,484 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
what's happening, strut brethren?i'm contemplating bringing visors back this summer. no lime green poker brim shits. i'm talking more like...or maybe the old kangol joints.could this be the hottest shit this summer or is it ?regardless...i'm bringing visors back. know that.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

lil keke approved.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    did visors go anywhere? i thought they were brought back in the 90s and stayed for a while until dumbshit frat boys started wearing them upsidedown and backwards.... or then there's this guy:

either way, have a blast...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    no way, meng.
    yr boy beat you to it

i picture you as more of a

or

type of dude.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    did visors go anywhere? i thought they were brought back in the 90s and stayed for a while until dumbshit frat boys started wearing them upsidedown and backwards.... or then there's this guy:

oh i will, sparky.

i'm not talking about any sideways/upside down/backwards cornball ways. i'm talking strictly grown folk straight ahead sexyness. reclaiming the cool if you will.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    only if you bring back overall shorts too

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    reclaiming the cool if you will.

I tried this in the summer of ???98 with rolling your cigarette pack in your t-shirt sleeve. It didn't catch on, except a little bit in Italy when I was staying there for a couple of weeks. They probably thought that's what all the American kids were doing those days, though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

oh i will, sparky.

i'm not talking about any sideways/upside down/backwards cornball ways. i'm talking strictly grown folk straight ahead sexyness. reclaiming the cool if you will.

upside down and backwards is cornball.

but I reserve the right to rock it slightly sideways.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I vote no, by the way. Hats without tops are like assless jeans.

Sayin???.

oh i will, sparky.

upside down and backwards is cornball.

slightly sideways never hurt nobody - except my boy who had his hat cocked in the wrong direction in the wrong part of chicago. anyway, do it, if i see someone with a visor on this summer, i'll know who brought it back.

i tried to bring the yo-yo back back in 91... mildly successful.

P.S. sparky?

I vote no, by the way. Hats without tops are like assless jeans.

Sayin???.

okay asshat.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Only if you're gonna wear a fanny pack to match.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

you also reserve the right to stay chumpatizing yourself.

bringing the yo-yo and cigrette sleeves back would take a whole movement. the wifes old landlord was on a mission to reclaim the rainbow about 4 summers ago. he gave me this whole big spiel and i had to tell him that he was on his own. i don't think he was successful with his campaign.

you can get stepped to for rocking your hat sideways in chicago? like gang affilitation type stuff?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Do it, son.

bringing the yo-yo and cigrette sleeves back would take a whole movement. the wifes old landlord was on a mission to reclaim the rainbow about 4 summers ago. he gave me this whole big...

he gave you his whole big what?

bringing the yo-yo and cigrette sleeves back would take a whole movement. the wifes old landlord was on a mission to reclaim the rainbow about 4 summers ago. he gave me this whole big spiel and i had to tell him that he was on his own. i don't think he was successful with his campaign.

you can get stepped to for rocking your hat sideways in chicago? like gang affilitation type stuff?

yeah, it was on some gang shit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

lil keke approved.

Unlike chapstick.

yeah, right side Folk, left side People. They'll usually hit you with a question like "what you be about?" or "what's your ride?" before they actually smash on you though.

here's a little more info on "sides" in Chi gangs

In addition to these symbols, the People Nation groups also use left identifiers. For example they:

Form their hand signs with the left hand.
    Wear their hats cocked or tilted to the left.
    Roll up the left pant leg.
    May untie the left shoe.
    They rest their hand in the left pocket.
    Wear jewelry to the left.

shit's mad subtle sometimes