Options

Punk Vinyl

edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Found some pretty cool looking punk/metal. Do a diddle and dabble in the punk scene....for a minute:

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Misfits/Samhain stuff can go for loot if it's ORG.
    Nice scores!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    You know half of those are metal bands and at least one of them, Hawaii, was a regular Rock outfit.

That being said, the Misfits are always good to listen to.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the Misfits are always good to listen to.

• Butthole Surfers, what a great band.

• Options
    I used to go to Murphy's Law shows and give the lead singer homemade pizza box medallions with scooby doo coloring book murals on them. That record rules.

• Options
    more:

• pretty damn rare to find punk/thrash records in such pristine shape. nice scores!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I used to go to Murphy's Law shows

R.I.P. Chuck Valle

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    those are some suh-weet punk scores! i like how the punk/metal album cover art is so distinctive. if i saw one of those in a bin, it would definitely stand out just from the artwork.

• Options
    oh, hey!
    did you notice the 'Metal Bats'..haha

• I found this the other day. Punk band from Phoenix with drums by dude from Dead Kennedys.

Oh, and thats sandpaper on the cover (and back). Its supposed to ruin the jackets of the records its between on your shelf.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

These were pretty much staples of my High School years. Warzone were a great band, Raybeez RIP.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    if that Samhain is on orange or red wax, it is worth much loot.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    That Gang Green is a favorite of mine, funny dudes...the best Boston HC band(before they went all metal crossover) next to the Freeze...could never get into all the straight edge/meathead hit-you-with-a-hockey-stick stuff like Slapshot and SSD...

Is the black flag on Unicorn/SST or just plain SST? A Unicorn copy wil get you a few bucks

• did you find these all at once? how much did you pay? real heads wanna know the deal

• Options
    SST for 'In My Head' and the sealed 'Damaged'
    SST/Freeway Records for 'Family Man' the pink one.
    RoadRunner Records for the opened 'Damaged'

thanks,

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    You should be able to get some loot for that Feederz LP, it's a pretty infamous record. The singer, Frank Discussion, was known as a big time pranking partner of Jello Biafra and pulled off some legendary stunts. Then he pulled the biggest prank on Jello by running off with his wife.

http://www.feederz.com/index2.html

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    queensryche haha

oh, hey!
    did you notice the 'Metal Bats'..haha

Metal Bats =

queensryche haha

If that is the small label pressing of the S/T Queensryche, not the major label
    repress it goes for $50-$75.
    That's the funny part.

• Options
    EMI America--Grey Label (promo stamp in gold on the top right corner of the cover)
    I doubt this copy is worth $50-75. The edges are totally frayed and weathered, there are two light pen 'x' markings in front of the track titles on the B-sides,..definately been handled before. but the groove is clean and the tracks play clean and true. I dunno?

peace
    lilmonstu

what about if it wasn't all weathered? then would the $50-$75 be a go?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I now have "Silent Lucidity" on repeat in my head (just that one line of the song + the short instrumental part that comes afterwards) aaarrrggghhh!.

• AsKo25AsKo25 32 Posts

I found this the other day. Punk band from Phoenix with drums by dude from Dead Kennedys.

Oh, and thats sandpaper on the cover (and back). Its supposed to ruin the jackets of the records its between on your shelf.

That's jokes! Remember to keep that one under the shelf

EMI America--Grey Label (promo stamp in gold on the top right corner of the cover)
    I doubt this copy is worth $50-75. The edges are totally frayed and weathered, there are two light pen 'x' markings in front of the track titles on the B-sides,..definately been handled before. but the groove is clean and the tracks play clean and true. I dunno?

peace
    lilmonstu

Nope the heshers want this one------------->

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUEENSRYCHE-ORG-206-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Private Press 206 label What!