Philly restaurants

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm going to the city Philadelphia on Thursday to check out Marcel Duchamp (finally) with my partner. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants? We are primarily vegetarian except that we eat fish. Healthy is a must. I'm not frowning on cheesesteaks, but my family's health history can't cosign.

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    horizons is not cheap, but its well worth the price. might even be vegan, but its incidental...the food is top notch as is the service, ambience,etc.

dmitri's is quality greek if you eat fish

man, theres too msny good restaurants to name, you almost have to narrow it down a little...what kind of food, price range, part of the city,etc

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Our sole destination is the Philadephia museum of art. After that it is all about good food, and maybe a few thrifts before dipping out. Probably don't need any full-on meal service joints. More of an order at the counter type thing. Not to say that we wouldn't eat at a suit down restaurant. I guess $40 for 2 would be top end, as it will be lunch/late lunch.

Thanks for the infos.

reading terminal market is just a walk down the parkway and is a great place to get all kinds of food. dont go too late though. thats what i recommend highly. by goerge pizza is excellent, basic 4 vegetarian has excellent veggie cheesesteaks, and theres all manner of other things...but especially good people watching

youd also be in the heart of chinatown. bunch of vegetarian chinese places, but not as fun as RTM.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    GOLDEN EMPRESS
    GOLDEN EMPRESS
    GOLDEN EMPRESS
    GOLDEN EMPRESS
    GOLDEN EMPRESS
    GOLDEN EMPRESS

GIANNA'S
    GIANNA'S
    GIANNA'S
    GIANNA'S
    GIANNA'S
    GIANNA'S

reading terminal is great for getting drunk at the bar while waiting for your bus

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Kingdom of Vegetarians

thats the classic
    but i never was big on the ambiance...real quiet and mellow
    still, general tsos is legit

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    bookbinders has a good seafood menu

overrated and expensive and he wants to go to a counter