Rob and Big

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Watching it now. cracks me up.

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

this show cracks me up as well. one of the only shows I regularly watch.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    They were both at my house the other day. I wasn't home though.

did they empty your pool?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I feel like I'm in Bizarroworld when I watch that show. It's entertaining as hell, but who saw that one coming? It made for a pretty funny skate video bit, but a reality show with Rob Dyrdek and that fat dude? I guess the success of Jackass has folks mining skate culture for whatever they can get.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I feel like I'm in Bizarroworld when I watch that show. It's entertaining as hell, but who saw that one coming? It made for a pretty funny skate video bit, but a reality show with Rob Dyrdek and that fat dude? I guess the success of Jackass has folks mining skate culture for whatever they can get.

dude, that show is every skaterats wet fuckin dream: be a pro skater living in a sick house, and whenever you go skating the bitchass toycops cant say shit because your security is bigger.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    I guess the success of STRIKE>Jackass/STRIKE> The X-Games has folks mining skate culture for whatever they can get.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

dude, that show is every skaterats wet fuckin dream: be a pro skater living in a sick house, and whenever you go skating the bitchass toycops cant say shit because your security is bigger.

True, but when I was a skaterat, television didn't tend to cater to my wet dreams. Though that Skatemaster Tate did certainly try.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    business

you deal to rob n' big?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    great show. Only gets better actually. It's like they've found what works and it keeps getting funnier.

MTV made a good move by having Human Giant follow it, but they should just dump Life Of Ryan and move Rob and big to 10 and Human Giant at 10:30.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    They are lovers, no?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    The best part is when they just start riffin about nothing at all

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    They are lovers, no?
    yeah they are.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    They are lovers, no?
    yeah they are.

wtf? hahaha, uhh ok.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    net gun episode was the shit

they're not lovers. Someone mentioned that Big just had a baby with his wife. This bit of info shattered my sense of reality. I never really questioned whether or not they actually lived in that house. My new theory is that that is Rob's older house (he had a Cribs type segment in an old 411 video with that house) and they spend a few days filming episodes there. I doubt they really live there. Drama probably lives there.

Wherever they live, whatever hetero relationships they maintain elsewhere...they sure do act consistently funny with each other on that show.

.they sure do act consistently funny with each other on that show.

does that mean gay?

does that mean gay?

Yeah dude, they act gay for each other...mad gay.

do "the gays' give you the heebie jeebies Harv?

I wouldn't put it that way...but in this particular case, yes.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I don't know why you dance around it. But dude, you're homophobic.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Nah, he has nothing against gays--some of his best friends are gay. It's just that gays are responsible for chemtrails, the one world order, and Bohemian Grove. So you know, one gay is a friend, but two gays are a conspiracy to make harvey gay and so he's got to hate them.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Nah, he has nothing against gays--some of his best friends are gay. It's just that gays are responsible for chemtrails, the one world order, and Bohemian Grove. So you know, one gay is a friend, but two gays are a conspiracy to make harvey gay and so he's got to hate them.

Well, in all honesty. How is he suppose to feel when he's been hired to DJ and by chance there are two guys somewhere on the dance floor making out? Don't risk it son...

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

does that mean gay?

Yeah dude, they act gay for each other...mad gay.

You obviously have ZERO fulfilling nonsexual relationships. They have plenty of love for each other, no doubt. It's one of the things that makes the show charming. Doesn't mean they want each others salami!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    so why does he need a bodyguard?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I guess it makes sense. Dyrdek has been a celebrity within skateboarding for a long time. From what I remember of him in videos and interviews he is a pretty charismatic dude.

• so why does he need a bodyguard?

i think it's to have a big dude around so they can fuck with security guards when they get kicked outta skate spots.

• Big's uncle is hilarious.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I was going to post such an appreciation thread a while back. I understand that a lot of the scenarios are set-ups, but their one-lines are hilarious.

"Fat Suit" - episode 3.6 is a personal favorite.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1581100&vid=209096

• Big's uncle is hilarious.

No doubt..dude has been the highlight of the series.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

This show was a spin-off from Rob's section in the DC video.
    He was sick of being hassled by rentacops whilst skating, so he hired 'Big' to be HIS security.

Check it: