Black Lips unappreciation post

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    That Conan clip is dope.

You guys are a bunch of cranky old haters.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    eh, i like their music

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    God, I'm just glad I'm an old fuck and don't have to go and see all these fake ass bands... it must surely suck to be in your twenties today and go out and see bands you'd like to identify with.

Hell - for those who think Hook Up sounds jaded, I'd start a "Rock music in 2008 unappreciation" rather than hate on any individual band. I can't even muster the energy to check out a current band I've never heard after the dozens of shitty/boring groups that have been hyped to me over the past several years...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Black Lips played here at xmas time. They were bad (not terrible, but still pretty bad), we were expecting some great US garage band, but got them instead. Nowhere near enough energy to close the show, but I admit that it's gonna be hard for any band to follow the King Brothers. Those japanese dudes cleared house with the Black Lips, it was almost sad to see them have to follow them. With almost every one of the Black Lips songs you could sing another 60s rock song lyrics over the top of, it's almost like they had taken instrumentals & melodies from a bunch of classic & semi-obscure 60s stuff & just put new words to it, I kept thinking they were playing covers until the voice came in, nearly every time.

I saw the Dirtbombs & the BellRays a couple of weeks ago, much more facemelt. Way way way more worthwhile.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I copped the last album. I dont think they're bad.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

these albums are the truth!

great rock period.

oh btw, i also ride for the first couple black keys- but the new one with dangermouse is sounding

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

That Conan clip is GARBAGE.

You guys are pretty on point.

those albums are shit!

dumb rock period.

oh btw, i also ride for the Black keys, and Broken keys.

- spidey

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

these albums are the truth!

great rock period.

yawn yawn sigh yawn fart yawn

they suck...they couldnt even tune their guitars the other day, they asked us 3 times if we had a tuner...we offered to tune their guitars for them after they asked(whined) for a tuner for the third time...amateur chumps all the way.

• they suck...they couldnt even tune their guitars the other day, they asked us 3 times if we had a tuner...we offered to tune their guitars for them after they asked(whined) for a tuner for the third time...amateur chumps all the way.

That's pathetic. How can you call yourself a self-respecting musician if you can't even tune your instrument?

This is like calling yourself a writer but you can't spell.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

they suck...they couldnt even tune their guitars the other day, they asked us 3 times if we had a tuner...we offered to tune their guitars for them after they asked(whined) for a tuner for the third time...amateur chumps all the way.

That's pathetic. How can you call yourself a self-respecting musician if you can't even tune your instrument?

• they suck...they couldnt even tune their guitars the other day, they asked us 3 times if we had a tuner...we offered to tune their guitars for them after they asked(whined) for a tuner for the third time...amateur chumps all the way.

I remember having to tune some of the other cellists in our section before we took the stage. Then, when the oboe played the tuning note, they'd pretend to turn the tuners.

These were not the good cellists.