Comments

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

maybe not best movie but surely best acting by a singer

• which movies are those?
    i only know the first one...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Co-sign.

The intro to that movie was amazing, but the rest of the movie was way too slow and not the best Leone movie I have seen. It didn't have enough shoot em ups as I thought it should. Fist Full of Dollars kills this anyday.

My Pick:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Cosign on 2001, Godfather 2, Lebowski, and many more.

(seriously)

(semi-seriously)

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Co-sign.

The intro to that movie was amazing, but the rest of the movie was way too slow and not the best Leone movie I have seen. It didn't have enough shoot em ups as I thought it should. Fist Full of Dollars kills this anyday.

Once Upon A Time In The West is not about shoot em ups...

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    One of Soulstrut's most annoying traits is people's love of posting images with no explanation of what they are, on the assumption that EVERYONE knows what they are. Especially in threads like this.

My vote: Home Alone

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Excellent, but not my "best".

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

which movies are those?

Dazed and Confused

• maybe not best movie but surely best acting by a singer

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I don't know if its the best, but this is my personal favourite

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Co-sign.

The USA version is severely cut. I believe the only full version is owned by the Leone estate. I have a German version with several small parts that were removed from the USA version. It really fleshes out the film. There's several awkward cuts in the film that make it seem kind of disjointed. For example, in the opening scene there's cut where there's a noticeable change in the trains audio. In the german version it shows the small missing segment that was cut that pans down across the train. The audio is seemless in this version. There's another great scene in the train when Bronson is tied up. I also doubt Leone started the film with a shot of the door. I suspect that it really begins with the 3 men coming in from a distance. I should really dig up this tape and try and get these scenes on Youtube.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

The very opposite of shoot ups, and though theres many contenders I'd choose it too based on how many times I can watch it and have it consistently do justice to myself each time. Theres like 45 pages of dialogue in the movie and so little is explained outright you can just sit back and enjoy the view and get to figure new things out each time. Sure its slow and could be shorter, but thats part of its charm for me so I'll endure it. It hits the spot so hard because I don't think it truly ever expires from my attention. Myself, I have a very hard time watching any movie in its entirety even for the first time from a.d.d. and this movie has been a natural balance for my mind.

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts

which movies are those?
    i only know the first one...

cinema paradiso

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    I wont say best cause there is no such thing.....
    But one of the first joints to comes to mind is

as a star wars kid, i have trouble understanding this as a good sci-fi movie.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I wont say best cause there is no such thing.....
    But one of the first joints to comes to mind is
    as a star wars kid, i have trouble understanding this
    as a good sci-fi movie.until being on mescaline.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

cosign and Crooklyn hands down.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    oh and how could I forget about Agador??

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Crooklyn and Do The Right Thing are not on the same level.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

oh please, please tell me why you think that...im impatiently awaiting your comment back, refreshing my page...

They are both good movies yes.

oh please, please tell me why you think that...im impatiently awaiting your comment back, refreshing my page...They are both good movies yes.

They are both good movies, no doubt. But Do The Right Thing is a GREAT movie.
    Spike Lee really hasnt topped it. Dudes can ride all they want for the other stuff in catalog but DTRThing was bigger than the movie.

If u have Crooklyn as your personal BEST/top 5 movies of all time, more power to ya.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Can comedys duke it out with the heavyweights? If not, I missed the opening match.

Can comedys duke it out with the heavyweights? If not, I missed the opening match.

U have a pretty good arguement w/ AirPlane.

• crooklyn sucks

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This thread should be a top 5 really but I likes this one.